Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    San Cristobal. Never disappoints me.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just had my first RP sun grown.....great smoke. even burn and smooth draw..might have to get a few more of these bad boys.
  • Ironworker63Ironworker63 Posts: 185
    Gurkha Centurian...Definitely a keeper, enjoyed from start to finish.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,171 ✭✭
    Had an Ashton VSG Spellbound, nice stick...courtesy RaschNuts..
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Had a Gurkha Blue Steel and a Partagas Black Label
    Had a Diesel Unlimited this morning...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Ironworker63:
    Gurkha Centurian...Definitely a keeper, enjoyed from start to finish.
    best gurkha out there.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Hoyo Excalibur, smooooooth.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Started with a puros indios siembre de oro which was a gift from brotheradam then went to a dpg serie jj maduro torp and now smoking a la riqueza. I like it the best so far
    Had a 601 Blue tonight courtesy of Goldy, great stick...
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Today it was actually warm enough to enjoy the outdoors. Made even better by a Camacho Room 101 ... I really like these , anyone else given them a shot ?
    Todays offerings were an Alec Bradley Tempus and a Bolivar Belicosos Finos...
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    So, we smoked it! That is my friend Jimmy and I smoked our HMRs. Here is my quick review. It was a little bitter, burned horribly, his cracked early on, my cracked a little around the half way point, almost no cognac taste (except for the tube). He put his down with about 3 inches to go. I put mine down with about 1 1/2 inches left. I have had Grand Reserves that were much better and the cognac was much more noticable. Now, I can say I've had one. I'm kinda glad it wasn't that good. Sure, it sucks spending that much money on something and it being average or below average but then I don't have to buy another one!
    rwheelwright:
    So, we smoked it! That is my friend Jimmy and I smoked our HMRs. Here is my quick review. It was a little bitter, burned horribly, his cracked early on, my cracked a little around the half way point, almost no cognac taste (except for the tube). He put his down with about 3 inches to go. I put mine down with about 1 1/2 inches left. I have had Grand Reserves that were much better and the cognac was much more noticable. Now, I can say I've had one. I'm kinda glad it wasn't that good. Sure, it sucks spending that much money on something and it being average or below average but then I don't have to buy another one!
    May I ask what you paid?
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Diamondog:
    rwheelwright:
    May I ask what you paid?
    I PM'ed ya.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    rwheelwright:
    Diamondog:
    rwheelwright:
    May I ask what you paid?
    I PM'ed ya.
    Can I get a PM as well. I'm really curious about those...

SmokingStogie.com did a review of one, and in my opinion, they are one of the best review sites out there, and Brooks gave it a horrible score of 65 lol. His experiences, from the review, seems to have been about the same as yours.
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Nothing quite as fancy as above but I smoked a LA Aroma De Cuba Edicion Especial. On the plus side it sounds like I enjoyed mine more.
    ug dan:
    Nothing quite as fancy as above but I smoked a LA Aroma De Cuba Edicion Especial. On the plus side it sounds like I enjoyed mine more.
    Haven't had the Mi Amor yet, but the EE is my favorite from LADC. Great cigar.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Tried to get out and have a Graycliff DE tonight, but it got really rainy and the stick was plugged. Decided to chuck it and call it a night. Maybe tomorrow.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Not a damn thing. This weather is killin me. Can't wait to get into warmer weather.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Illusione Epernay (hope I spelled it right lol)...enjoying a cup of hot cocoa with it too :)
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    wow, sorry to hear...seems like this has been a consistent thing with the HMRs (at least from what I've read). Although I have had the Grand Reserve and can attest to that cigar, wasn't bad...sorry to hear about your experience!
    Nick2021:
    rwheelwright:
    wow, sorry to hear...seems like this has been a consistent thing with the HMRs (at least from what I've read). Although I have had the Grand Reserve and can attest to that cigar, wasn't bad...sorry to hear about your experience!
    goes to show that price and quality are not the same thing.

not that i wanted an infused cigar before but not i REALLY dont want to try one of those.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well no HMR for me last night, and from the sound of things I'm glad! lol I did however light up an RP Vintage 90. I haven't had one of these in a long time and it was nice. Very mellow and flavorful.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Damn, that sucks that the HMR was a bit of a bust. I smoked with Puro last night, lit up an ITC Super Fuerte and I think it just made its way into my regular rotation.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Holly Sh-t Wheelie! Wow I'm sorry buddy. Seems you are the second person that I have read about (and trust) that didn't have good things to say about the HMR. It is interesting as I've had every reserve from them and I will say that the art deco has the biggest amount of cognac flavor of them all. Second would be the platinum followed by the grand. The royal is off and on with the taste. Not sure what is going on but I've had 2 art decos thus far and they were both from different boxes.
    This morning I had an opus x shark!!!! I had ordered a couple from ccom and they are still in transit however yesterday I picked one up from a local shop and lit it up this morning. I have to say that I really think this stick is more lore, or shall we say over-rated. Now I enjoyed it, as I do all opus's. However I didn't notice all that much over any other opus I've had. A good stick but not worth the 20 plus bucks for the price.
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    had my daily 5 vegas miami early morning. Came home to relax with a davidoff maduro. Going to try a macanudo cru royale next.
    Had an RPD tonight...
    vegassparky:
    Came home to relax with a davidoff maduro.
    that is a wonderful cigar right there.
    phobicsquirrel:
    Holly Sh-t Wheelie! Wow I'm sorry buddy. Seems you are the second person that I have read about (and trust) that didn't have good things to say about the HMR. It is interesting as I've had every reserve from them and I will say that the art deco has the biggest amount of cognac flavor of them all. Second would be the platinum followed by the grand. The royal is off and on with the taste. Not sure what is going on but I've had 2 art decos thus far and they were both from different boxes.
    This morning I had an opus x shark!!!! I had ordered a couple from ccom and they are still in transit however yesterday I picked one up from a local shop and lit it up this morning. I have to say that I really think this stick is more lore, or shall we say over-rated. Now I enjoyed it, as I do all opus's. However I didn't notice all that much over any other opus I've had. A good stick but not worth the 20 plus bucks for the price.
    If it was from this year's release, then it was probably just too young. It seems to be generally accepted fact that Opus Xs need to sleep for a year or two before really hitting their stride. I have had plenty of them younger than that, but nothing that was less than 6-7 months, and the ones with a year+ on them were significantly better.