Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had the Ave Maria Robusto OMG this thing was good.

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    601 green oscuro. Heavy-handed thick tobacco taste, not really my kinda stick.

RP Conny, very delicious. Nubbed it.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Padilla 1932 Robusto. Should have let this guy rest a lot longer.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Nick2021:
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:
    Nick2021:
    Decided to light another stogie up...Illusione CG4...not a bad cigar, gave me a slight "buzz" towards the end. Enjoyed it :)
    the newer CG4s and illusiones in general have been much better than the early release ones. i found those to be very inconsistent. i need to pick one up again. its been too long since ive visited that old friend.
    I tried a CG4 about a year ago at the Ohio Herf on the recommendation of Kuzi and Matt. I wasn't a big fan and Matt told me it was probably just a bad stick. Matt went into the humidor dug deep to the bottom of the box and gave me another stick to try again. That stick has been resting for almost a year. I hope that like what Kuzi posted here that it was just inconsistent and the one I have is much better. If I do not like this one maybe I will give a newer one another shot.
    I'd give it another try, the one I had wasn't bad...price was a bit steep, but not bad!
    I will smoke the one that I have and even if I don't like it I will prob. try one more just in case.
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 :)
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indian Tabac super fuerte maduro.
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    well it's my friends birthday and he knows i'm out of cigars and money right now so he bought himself an ashton esg and me a camacho triple maduro.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a Diesel Unlimited tonight...
  • Options
    ellinas:
    well it's my friends birthday and he knows i'm out of cigars and money right now so he bought himself an ashton esg and me a camacho triple maduro.
    I need ur friends
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ellinas:
    mmmm camacho triple maduro....
  • Options
    MOW Armada.
  • Options
    Ok, so with a little more time in the humi I decided to fire up another Tat Black.....had the exact same problem as the first one a month ago, shortly after lighting the wrapper started cracking, the wrapper cracked very badly on this one again, I still smoked it but it was not pretty...smoking conditions for both of these was outside in the cold this time about 40 degrees...I am thoroughly unimpressed with the build of this stick and because of these problems I cannot accurately say if I enjoy the stick itself...I believe the cold is doing it to the stick although I have smoked many sticks outdoors in these cool conditions with no issue...I have 13 left and they have been officialy put to bed for the winter and I will revisit in the warm spring and see if the cool is the problem...
  • Options
    Diamondog:
    Ok, so with a little more time in the humi I decided to fire up another Tat Black.....had the exact same problem as the first one a month ago, shortly after lighting the wrapper started cracking, the wrapper cracked very badly on this one again, I still smoked it but it was not pretty...smoking conditions for both of these was outside in the cold this time about 40 degrees...I am thoroughly unimpressed with the build of this stick and because of these problems I cannot accurately say if I enjoy the stick itself...I believe the cold is doing it to the stick although I have smoked many sticks outdoors in these cool conditions with no issue...I have 13 left and they have been officialy put to bed for the winter and I will revisit in the warm spring and see if the cool is the problem...
    DD how much time did you have them resting and were they w or w/o tubos? I had problems with the tubos when I first got them about a year ago. They are much better now that I have taken the caps off.
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    Diamondog:
    DD how much time did you have them resting and were they w or w/o tubos? I had problems with the tubos when I first got them about a year ago. They are much better now that I have taken the caps off.
    Hmmm had them month and a half I guess...I got 15 singles, no tubes, they are in cooler with other sticks, 65rh and 65 temp so i feel they are just too fragile for the cold....hopefully come spring they will shine...
  • Options
    Diamondog:
    Sandman1am:
    Diamondog:
    Hmmm had them month and a half I guess...I got 15 singles, no tubes, they are in cooler with other sticks, 65rh and 65 temp so i feel they are just too fragile for the cold....hopefully come spring they will shine...
    Ya the wrapper on these are a bit touchy. I can not speak to how they are in the cold as I have only had them inside. Hope they work out for you in the spring.
  • Options
    i had a TTT Trinidad from my B&M. Pretty darn good and only $4 .
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I've been smoking these La Cunas I got on the black Friday sale. Been having burn issues that I can't get corrected until 1/2 through. I'm gonna keep trying, though...
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Pulled out a couple sticks from the "to-try" section of my humidor today. First was a Hoyo Excalibur Legend in the Crusader size. I liked the flavor and complexity but the stick was plugged so I chucked it after a while. I'm going to have to try another one out sometime.

Next up was a Rocky Patel 1961 Torpedo that I've had resting since it was released. Did you know that 1961 is almost an ambigram?

After that I had a Fonseca Signature Series. Never really cared for the Fonseca label but this was excellent. Complex, flavorful, didn't pick it apart but instead just enjoyed it. Spicy, kinda medium fullish. I haven't seen these online or around much. I got it from a family member last Christmas.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Today was kinda crazy....... AF Hemingway Signature Maduro, Liga Privada T52 Flying Pig, Utopia Blue Maduro Torpedo and a CAO La Traviata Maduro.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    lilwing88:
    Today was kinda crazy....... AF Hemingway Signature Maduro, Liga Privada T52 Flying Pig, Utopia Blue Maduro Torpedo and a CAO La Traviata Maduro.
    Wow, hell of a lineup!
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    Tengo nada fumar. nothing...
    lilwing88:
    lucky you
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Had my first AF Hemingway Maduro.... by far one of the top 3 I've ever had flavor wise.
  • Options
    JCizzle:
    I've been smoking these La Cunas I got on the black Friday sale. Been having burn issues that I can't get corrected until 1/2 through. I'm gonna keep trying, though...
    they probably need some time in the humidor.
    give them 4-6 more weeks and try them again.
  • Options
    Had an Alec Bradley Tempus quadrum paired with a Neo Citron lol....Getting sick but well enough to get one in today....quadrums now smoking very well after a little more humi time...
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I had an Ashton Aged Maduro this afternoon after lunch. I've had it resting in my humi for just over a month (got it from a local b&m so I do't know how long he had it). I wasn't impressed at all. I got about half way through and put it down. The burn on it was great, but alot of smoke and was kind of bland. Hopefully it was just a bad one I got. I might revisit it again sometime.
  • Options
    Blue label B2 double toro
  • Options
    Diesel Unlimited tonight...
  • Options
    Avo Domaine #50
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte tonight