Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I think if we had more info about the tobacco used, it may help explain the cost. The box price... you are definitely paying for packaging, as it comes essentially in a humidor.

Smoking a NUB Cameroon 358
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Alec Bradley SCR. I little disappointed, it's kinda boring.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Diamondog:
    Had an RPD tonight...
    I know they don't sit long in ur humi but how long did you have it? One of my favs
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I thought I would go straight out full tonight; I started with a Diesel Unholy Cocktail and followed it with a MOW Original. They have both been resting in the humidor for about 10+ months. They were fantastic, but my stomach sure does feel them.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a Gurkha Symphony on the ride in today.
    Amazing smoke... Very smooth and buttery.

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Cain F this morning...
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    Diamondog:
    Had an RPD tonight...
    I know they don't sit long in ur humi but how long did you have it? One of my favs
    Only been in the humi for a few weeks....definately need a good month or 2 on them before they start to shine...
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Diamondog:
    Sandman1am:
    Diamondog:
    Had an RPD tonight...
    Only been in the humi for a few weeks....definately need a good month or 2 on them before they start to shine...
    Agreed
  • Options
    had a new brand called Swag last night at the B&M..they run about 7 bucks and I thought it was pretty good. Needs a bit of rest to get over some harshness, but the flavor was pretty good.
  • Options
    Had a Diesel Unlimited this afternoon...
  • Options
    Opus X Petite Lancero
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    oliva v maduro, gasp 1 cigar left and thats La Gloria Cubana........
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Tatuaje Verocu..may have to get a box from the local B&M after smoking this unbanded stogie :)
  • Options
    Nick2021:
    Tatuaje Verocu..may have to get a box from the local B&M after smoking this unbanded stogie :)
    The Number 5? The 4x40? They are awesome! The PCR (the other new minuto) is even better IMO, but they are both AWESOME.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Had a head cold all weekend so I didn't get to smoke anything until today... So I broke the streak with a Padilla Miami robusto. Good smoke, but I think it will be much better if my sinuses are at 100%. I'd say I was only around 75-80% so it was still enjoyable.
  • Options
    GHausGHaus Posts: 74
    Just finished one of my favorite house blends, Cuban label. Its cold here NE though, wasn't the most enjoyable smoke I've had. I can't wait to move into the new place and christen my man cave/garage.
  • Options
    Had a Diesel unlimited this morning...running low need to get more!
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Out in my garage enjoying a Monticristo Media Noche. Draw's a bit tight but everything else is spot on.
  • Options
    On the ride home I had a G.A.R. very vanilla and sweet tea tasting.
    Also is it possible for a wrapper to be too oily? Had burn issues.

• Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    stephen_hannibal:
    On the ride home I had a G.A.R. very vanilla and sweet tea tasting.
    Also is it possible for a wrapper to be too oily? Had burn issues.

doesn't seem impossible so i guess yes it could be too oily....
  • Options
    Had an LFD DL700 tonight...
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Finally got around to having that Graycliff Crystal in the pirate size. Good smoke. Kind of a dry spicy flavor and a complex aroma very typical of the Graycliff blending style. I suppose some would call this stick "cubanesque". If it were in a more realistic price range I would consider buying them on a regular basis, but as is they kind of priced themselves out of the market, well my market at least.

After that I had some time so I tried out another stick I haven't had yet, the LFD DL Chisel Maduro. It was ok. The maduro seems to have muted some of the power and muttled some of the flavor. It didn't wow me the way the sumatra did. Good smoke, but I will stick with the sumatra.
  • Options
    I had a ITC 10 ani. Pretty good. I really seem to like sumatra and camaroon wrapped cigars the best. RP seems to use a lot of sumatra. maybe thats why i like a lot of his stuff.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    Finally got around to having that Graycliff Crystal in the pirate size. Good smoke. Kind of a dry spicy flavor and a complex aroma very typical of the Graycliff blending style. I suppose some would call this stick "cubanesque". If it were in a more realistic price range I would consider buying them on a regular basis, but as is they kind of priced themselves out of the market, well my market at least.

After that I had some time so I tried out another stick I haven't had yet, the LFD DL Chisel Maduro. It was ok. The maduro seems to have muted some of the power and muttled some of the flavor. It didn't wow me the way the sumatra did. Good smoke, but I will stick with the sumatra.
    Agreed on both points Russ. At msrp the Crystal just isn't worth the money, in the $5-$6 range though, I think it's an excellent buy. I vastly prefer the LFD Ligero and Double Ligero in their sumatra form, the maduro is good, but the sumatra is more than good...on that note, I think you would enjoy the Ligero Oscuro, it preserves much of what the sumatra offers but also brings some qualities of the maduro to the table, that's my personal favorite of both the Ligero and Double Ligero lines.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:

Agreed on both points Russ. At msrp the Crystal just isn't worth the money, in the $5-$6 range though, I think it's an excellent buy. I vastly prefer the LFD Ligero and Double Ligero in their sumatra form, the maduro is good, but the sumatra is more than good...on that note, I think you would enjoy the Ligero Oscuro, it preserves much of what the sumatra offers but also brings some qualities of the maduro to the table, that's my personal favorite of both the Ligero and Double Ligero lines.
    +1 on the DL Oscuro! Fantastic smoke!
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I finally decided to try the Gurkha Empire Series. I smoked the first 3 and they were rather uninspiring, I guess I was expecting more.
    In fairness though the last 2 sticks I smoked before these were MOW Original and Diesel Unholy Cocktail, so they obviously the Gurkhas just could not compete.
    Who knows maybe my palate has become more refined or I am starting to sour on Gurkha.
  • Options
    Started the day off with an H. Upmann Mag 50
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    will be having a monti on the walk home tonight.
  • Options
    Had a Perdomo ESV 91 the only good one I've ever had.
    And naturally it's the last one I have as well.

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:

+1 on the DL Oscuro! Fantastic smoke!
    Awesome, I didn't even know there was an Oscuro. I'll definitely check it out. The Diez, the Cameroon Cabinet, and now that one are all on my LFD hit list. That was about the price range where I put the Crystal too. It just doesn't deliver an $18-20 experience.