Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I had a 5 Vegas Triple A last night from the cotm club; I think April or May. Let me tell you, this sucker was strong but there was a flavor there that was soooooooo good. I don't know what it was since I am not good with picking out flavors but the flavor was pronounced on the exhale and the only way I can describe it was "deep". I have some more aging somewhere.
  • I just had a AF Hemingway Signature. There is a Ave Maria Crusader on deck calling my name too...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    PuroFreak:
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    Finally got around to having that Graycliff Crystal in the pirate size. Good smoke. Kind of a dry spicy flavor and a complex aroma very typical of the Graycliff blending style. I suppose some would call this stick "cubanesque". If it were in a more realistic price range I would consider buying them on a regular basis, but as is they kind of priced themselves out of the market, well my market at least.

After that I had some time so I tried out another stick I haven't had yet, the LFD DL Chisel Maduro. It was ok. The maduro seems to have muted some of the power and muttled some of the flavor. It didn't wow me the way the sumatra did. Good smoke, but I will stick with the sumatra.
    Agreed on both points Russ. At msrp the Crystal just isn't worth the money, in the $5-$6 range though, I think it's an excellent buy. I vastly prefer the LFD Ligero and Double Ligero in their sumatra form, the maduro is good, but the sumatra is more than good...on that note, I think you would enjoy the Ligero Oscuro, it preserves much of what the sumatra offers but also brings some qualities of the maduro to the table, that's my personal favorite of both the Ligero and Double Ligero lines.
    +1 on the DL Oscuro! Fantastic smoke!
    Awesome, I didn't even know there was an Oscuro. I'll definitely check it out. The Diez, the Cameroon Cabinet, and now that one are all on my LFD hit list. That was about the price range where I put the Crystal too. It just doesn't deliver an $18-20 experience.
    If you're able to make it to the next herf, I'll bring you a Ligero Oscuro and Cameroon Cabinet to try, the CC is out of this world, especially after box aging for over 2.5 years.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Just had an amazing Gurkha Assassian.
    Seriously one amazing cigar.

• Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    La Aroma de Cuba.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    jose seijas figurado
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,171 ✭✭
    Last night I fired up an Opus X robusto...I want to buy a box shortly and felt the need to confirm my choice, confirmed lol....this morning I had a Diesel Unlimited...
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    AJ Signature series while chopping wood, tastiest yard 'gar ever!
    Montecristo white
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I have a Fonseca No. 1 lined up for this evening.
    Light 'em up.
    Had a Diesel Unlimited this morning....
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    CAO Crollolo 06 from the aging room here! pretty darn tasty for a small stick!
    San lotano connecticut with some coffee to start off the day.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Yesterday was a RyJ 1875 Reserva Real from the Cotm. A very smooth tobacco with a floral note
    Next was the H.Upmann 1844 from the Cotm another basic smooth tobacco with a hint of sweetness.

Smoked a Viaje Fifty Fifty Red LAbel
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    So yesterday I had some homework to do so I lit up a 5 Vegas classic torpedo that someone gave me in a trade. It had quite a bit of rest on it. This a really solid cigar. Not necessarily my favorite or something I am going to rush out and buy more of, but very solid none the less.

After that I lit up a Gran Habano Corojo #5. This is the third or so stick I've had from Gran Habano and it, like the others, was very good. Flavorful, complex aroma, and it doesn't taste like any other cigar I've ever had. I think I need to keep a five pack of these around.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Now I'm having 1 of these:
    Decided to light another stogie up...Illusione CG4...not a bad cigar, gave me a slight "buzz" towards the end. Enjoyed it :)
    Nub Cameroon.
    Just finished up a Cohiba Maduro 5 genios...no better maduro imo...
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    In my bros. Heated garage enjoying a Diesel UC.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Nick2021:
    Decided to light another stogie up...Illusione CG4...not a bad cigar, gave me a slight "buzz" towards the end. Enjoyed it :)
    the newer CG4s and illusiones in general have been much better than the early release ones. i found those to be very inconsistent. i need to pick one up again. its been too long since ive visited that old friend.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Nick2021:
    Have you tried the Epernay Nick? I like the regular Illusione line, but in my opinion it doesn't compare to Epernay.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Nick2021:
    Have you tried the Epernay Nick? I like the regular Illusione line, but in my opinion it doesn't compare to Epernay.
    +1 The Epernay is a great smoke! Was really blown away by that one. I do have an HL maduro that I can't wait to try.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Smoke #2 on the evening is a RP Fusion MM. My first. Starting off very nicely.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    AVO Domaine with my coffee. I am quickly becoming a fan of the morning smoke...
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Had a CAO Sopranos last night. That was really enjoyable.
    I am doing a Cuban No. 2 Trifecta today....started the day off with a Partagas Serie P No. 2, great stick...
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Diamondog:
    I am doing a Cuban No. 2 Trifecta today....started the day off with a Partagas Serie P No. 2, great stick...
    Diplo and Monte next?
    docbp87:
    Diamondog:
    Diplo and Monte next?
    Heading out now for an Upmann No. 2...