Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I had an Avo XO today. Good stick. Goes really well with food and drink, but by itself it's not as interesting.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    had a H. Upman Sun Grown today. Not bad, but definitely not great. It is the first H. Upman that I would smoke again though, if I got a really good deal or it was free...
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a Diesel Unlimited tonight...
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Had an AVO LE 2010...man this game me a buzz!
  • Options
    I just lit up a MoW Armada and I can tell right away this thing is going to be a powerhouse! I can't wait to see how this thing turns out!!
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    On Friday I had and LFD Airbender. Love this stick and glad I got a box, felt that it could use some more rest though so I will let them sit for a bit longer before I get into them.

Sat. I had a MOW Madduro. Wow that thing was a powerhouse smoke. Started off spicy and right away I knew it was a MOW for the 1st 3rd. The spice mellowed out but it was still full body but smooth the 2nd 3rd. The final third the spice came back but it was still very smooth. The Think Ruination but with a Maduro kick to it. Overall nice stick glad I have a few to age as these will be fricken fantastic with some age on them.

Today I went with a Perdomo 10th Anny Madduro. I felt that this had potential but since I broke the cardinal rule and smoked it the day after I bought it of course it was harsh and needed more time to rest. At times I felt it could have been a smooth tasty yet one dimentional maduro....kind of like it's Champange brother....but it def. needed a little nap. I will revisit it when I have more time.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    On Friday I had and LFD Airbender. Love this stick and glad I got a box, felt that it could use some more rest though so I will let them sit for a bit longer before I get into them.

man... i love these fresh. i have not had the patience to let them sit for any amount of time. the average amount to time between purchase and flame is about 2 minutes.
    ... save for one. i have one that i just got and it is now sitting in the aging humidor. wish me luck.
    Sandman1am:
    Sat. I had a MOW Madduro. Wow that thing was a powerhouse smoke. Started off spicy and right away I knew it was a MOW for the 1st 3rd. The spice mellowed out but it was still full body but smooth the 2nd 3rd. The final third the spice came back but it was still very smooth. The Think Ruination but with a Maduro kick to it. Overall nice stick glad I have a few to age as these will be fricken fantastic with some age on them.
    if i were to smoke that slow would it mellow the spice at all? or is this just one of those cigars that is all spice until it gets a few years on em?
    Sandman1am:
    Today I went with a Perdomo 10th Anny Madduro. I felt that this had potential but since I broke the cardinal rule and smoked it the day after I bought it of course it was harsh and needed more time to rest. At times I felt it could have been a smooth tasty yet one dimentional maduro....kind of like it's Champange brother....but it def. needed a little nap. I will revisit it when I have more time.
    i like the maduro better but you are right on with the champagne comparison. one note...

cant win em all
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Way too cold tonight to smoke anything, but today is my birthday, so I'll be having a day late celebration... probably Opus and GoF themed...
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Celebrated my new patio heater with a 5 Vegas A. Winter be damned!!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I haven't had anything yet this weekend... Been fighting some sinus problems. We had our big Thanksgiving dinner tonight though and it was damn good! I'm feeling better now and if it wasn't so late I'd fire up a smoke right now. I guess I'll have to break out a couple tomorrow to make up for time lost today! :-)
  • Options
    Had a Cohiba XV this morning...
  • Options
    I got to meet Nick Perdomo at a local event yesterday. He watched the Falcons win, and then the Dolphins. He was hanging out just like one of the regulars. They had two boxes of Edicion de Silvio, which I had never even seen before. When they didn't find any takers for a box, they started selling singles for $25. I splurged just to try one, so I will let everybody know what I think of it. The Atlanta area is awesome for great events with famous cigar personalities. Nick will be at Tobacco World on Saturday for any locals, this was the location of the SE herf.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Sandman1am:

man... i love these fresh. i have not had the patience to let them sit for any amount of time. the average amount to time between purchase and flame is about 2 minutes.
    ... save for one. i have one that i just got and it is now sitting in the aging humidor. wish me luck.
    Sandman1am:
    if i were to smoke that slow would it mellow the spice at all? or is this just one of those cigars that is all spice until it gets a few years on em?
    Sandman1am:
    i like the maduro better but you are right on with the champagne comparison. one note...

cant win em all
    Kuzi let the LFD rest man, let it rest! lol My biggest problem is that I have so many to choose from that it is easy for me to let something rest because I have so many that I have yet to try. I am making my rounds though. They are great ROTT I agree but I have never had one with any age on it so I'm going to see how they do. I am hoping for the best.

The MOW Maduro only comes in the one size as you probably already know. I will admitt that I was smoking it faster then I normally would because I got a late start and the B&M that I was at was closing but I kept smoking it after I was kicked out (if the owners were there I could have stayed a little longer). IMO I think that this cigar would have been better had I not been rushed so to speak. I had about 1 hour and 45 min. when I needed about 2 hours. As for the spice it probably wouldn't have been as spicy but this cigar def. needs some age for the spice to mellow out. Like I said think about the Ruination wrapped up in a Maduro flavor. This one was very young, probably a month on it so even a few more months would have helped it.

Agreed I like the 10th Anny Maduro better but that is because I tend to lean towards Maduros. Even though they are both one note they are a good budget smoke IMO. I just wish that this one hadn't been over-humidified. Thought a night sitting out would do the trick, next time I will just let her rest a bit.
  • Options
    2006 God of Fire by Carlito (Double Robusto) Happy Birthday to me. This thing is killer.
  • Options
    docbp87:
    2006 God of Fire by Carlito (Double Robusto) Happy Birthday to me. This thing is killer.
    Happy Birthday doc, hope it was a good one. I love that stick, great choice for a B-day smoke.
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    docbp87:
    Happy Birthday doc, hope it was a good one. I love that stick, great choice for a B-day smoke.
    Thanks brother. Review to come later, hopefully today.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    docbp87:
    Happy birthday brother! Glad you're enjoying a damn good smoke!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Today was a Perdomo slow age... Thanks Hwang.
    For the ride I had a Ccom Sungrown... This one was kinda weird. Musta been a bum stick.

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Nothing for me tonight. It's way to cold for me to sit outside and smoke. I might tomorrow if it is not too cold and I'll do some grillin! Oh but how I want to smoke tonight!
  • Options
    Tatuaje Cazador Reserva and El Triunfudor...
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    Nothing for me tonight. It's way to cold for me to sit outside and smoke. I might tomorrow if it is not too cold and I'll do some grillin! Oh but how I want to smoke tonight!
    Just put a jacket on, that'll keep you warm lol :)
  • Options
    If the wind dies down today I'm going to go try out a Graycliff Crystal. The Bahama blend, not the new Nicaraguan one.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    If the wind dies down today I'm going to go try out a Graycliff Crystal. The Bahama blend, not the new Nicaraguan one.
    The new one isn't bad, almost matches the taste quality of a Bahama blend at times.
  • Options
    I tried the Motecristo White from the COTMC and all can say is "yuck!" This thing was terrible! extra bittter and harsh as heck! Cabi, where is that dog of yours?!
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    The new one isn't bad, almost matches the taste quality of a Bahama blend at times.
    Oh good. I've got a couple from that sampler, but I want to try the real one first. I'm trying to catch up on the 40 something sticks I have that I have yet to try. I don't know if that made sense...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    Oh good. I've got a couple from that sampler, but I want to try the real one first. I'm trying to catch up on the 40 something sticks I have that I have yet to try. I don't know if that made sense...
    Makes plenty of sense, I'm in the same boat. So many cigars to try and so little time. I wish I could get paid to smoke cigars, then all would be right with the world. ;)
  • Options
    Husker44Husker44 Posts: 172
    Ashton Heritage
  • Options
    Had an RPD tonight...
  • Options
    I had a Macanudo 1968. It lasted a little bit over an hour and it was a great smoke. I had to go buy another before I left the cigar lounge.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    MOW Armada that's been sitting in my humi for a week or so.

I honestly like this stick quite a bit, but I'm pretty miffed that it's so expensive and limited. I like it a lot, and it's smooth and all, but I gotta say, it ain't $20/stick or $500/box good. Seriously, I think the PR department for the MOW line is getting more than a little full of themselves with the previous success of the MOW series and just decided to arbitrarily jack up the price and make this thing "limited".

It's a shame, because it IS a good cigar, but like I said, it's not $500/box good