Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had a ccom Brazilian churchill last night. Been aging since around May. I thuroughly enjoyed it. Tasted a little like the 100 Anos but soooooooooooooooooooooo much better.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Today was another Padron 3000 habano, I think I could smoke one of these every day and not get sick of them.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    That's sayin' somethin'.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I would be smoking if I could, it's a cool night, and sort of mellow, but I'm working late. Hope it stays this way, though it's suppose to snow this weekend..
  • Options
    winston churhcill by david off & getting drunk w/ fonseca bin 27 port in memory of my best friend & world's best red sox fan fred from maine who passed away      last night lasT
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422

sorry for your loss bigbill, may your friend rest in peace.

Just finished an Illusione 68....another nice experience with this petit corona
  • Options
    Sorry to hear it, bill. Sounds like you sent him off in style, though. Take care.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    vegas limitado 08 - It was just starting to bloom and I was really liking it when I was pulled back in to watch the Bear game. I have re-lit, but am not recapturing the moment.
  • Options
    It's cold out, but not windy (unlike earlier today) or raining, so I'm gonna head out and have a Padilla '68 torpedo. Haven't had one of those in a while, and I'm overdue.
  • Options
    urbino:
    It's cold out, but not windy (unlike earlier today) or raining, so I'm gonna head out and have a Padilla '68 torpedo. Haven't had one of those in a while, and I'm overdue.

your in Memphis can't be too bad!
  • Options
    Ahhh. Padilla '68. The burn wasn't perfect, but the flavor always pleases.

It's not, like, North Dakota cold here, but it's in the upper 20s.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    THe local B&M had their annual holiday party yesterday. Reps from Davidoff, DPG, CAO, RP and Camacho were there and gave away a ton of stuff, which of course I won none of. I smoked a monster of a Camacho Corojo.

I also walked out of there with a RP Edge Lite, Aroma De Cuba, Avo Maduro, RP 1990, CAO Gold, and two of the shop's exclusive's The CAO Habano and the Camacho Vintage. Not a bad sampler for $40.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I haven't smoked in two days. My tongue hurts. Not the tip but further back. It feels raw. it is better today but then my throat started hurting. Maybe if I feel better tonight or if not, maybe tomorrow or Sunday.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    I haven't smoked in two days. My tongue hurts. Not the tip but further back. It feels raw. it is better today but then my throat started hurting. Maybe if I feel better tonight or if not, maybe tomorrow or Sunday.

Your listening to your body - that's a good thing... Don't push it...
  • Options
    urbino:

I would have thought high 40s low 50s - I was wrong and 20 is cold...
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    n.c mtns- cold ,blowing snow
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311

phobicsquirrel:
    It's a great day, 2nd smoke of the day, a padron nat 26. I really liked this guy, very smooth and creamy. Glad I have a few others.. Anyone have a 80th or 40th? I'm thinking about picking up a couple, is there a preference?

You can't go wrong with either, I've had them both and they are outstanding smokes. I do however prefer the 80th natural.  

• Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311

I think tonight I am going to have one of the two nubs that I have gotten from Maddys pass. Got one from each pass, and the first one has been in the ready to smoke humidor for a while.

• Options
    one cigar day but it was a good one-cohiba black supremo-expresso,kittle spicey but smmoooth
  • Options
    Tumbler:
    urbino:

I would have thought high 40s low 50s - I was wrong and 20 is cold...
    We bounced up into the high 40s the day it poured down rain, but aside from that, we haven't gotten any warmer than the low 40s for a good while.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I am just about to take my daughter to work and then come home sit back with a glass of Riesling and fire up a Gurka Legend Perfecto I recieved in a trade with RUSIRIUS. Looking forward to it Greg.
    Hey where has he been lately anyway?
    Greg, Duty, and a few others have been rather scarce around here lately .
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Today was an ode to Oliva day. Started out with a NUB Conny 354, nice smoke for the 55 minute drive to our warehouse...then on the way back, an Oliva Serie G Maduro Belicoso...two fine smokes for the day...too bad I couldn't fit in another one today!
  • Options
    For me, it was a Don Carlos #? (I forget, but it's basically a robusto). Excellent. Just excellent. That was followed by a Camacho 1962 perfecto, also very, very good.

These are 2 of my regulars, and I highly recommend them.
  • Options
    urbino:
    For me, it was a Don Carlos #? (I forget, but it's basically a robusto). Excellent. Just excellent. That was followed by a Camacho 1962 perfecto, also very, very good.

These are 2 of my regulars, and I highly recommend them.

I really like the Don Carlos, but never tried the Comacho. I just had a punch and was surpised how much I like that. I wouldn't say the Don Carlos is full, but it's incredible tasty. Is the '62 the place to start with the Camacho?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    urbino:
    For me, it was a Don Carlos #? (I forget, but it's basically a robusto).
    i think thats the 3 if im not mistaken. about a 46-48 ring?
  • Options
    treating self to an ashton vsg before family christmas party...... eyeballing an ashton esg for tonite (smiles to self and sigh's content)
  • Options
    aaronjmaaronjm Posts: 12 ✭✭
    So the other night I lit up a Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic (black label) Robusto. I was expecting a really good experience out of this one seeing that it's gotten rave reviews. I am new to the hobby of cigars and am still developing my own taste. But when I lit that thing up, it smelled like a drugstore cigar. And tasted like one too. Dry and bitter. I have put my humidor (now tupperdor) through the ringer with the RH levels dipping into the upper 50s for about a month and a half. But they've been keeping at 73 for about 3 weeks now. I don't think it was dried out, seeing that the wrapper was perfect and it had a little give when I squeezed it. What do y'all think could account for the flavor?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    urbino:
    For me, it was a Don Carlos #? (I forget, but it's basically a robusto).
    i think thats the 3 if im not mistaken. about a 46-48 ring?
    The #3 is a corona, 5.5 x 44...though it could have been, since I don't know if urby meant robusto sized in length, girth or both.
  • Options
    I'll be damned. It's actually called the Don Carlos Robusto. I thought they were all numbered.

The #3 is what I usually smoke, and love.
    Tumbler:
    Is the '62 the place to start with the Camacho?
    Depends on who you ask, Tumbler. The '62 perfecto (I've also had the robusto, and didn't like it as much) is my favorite of the ones I've tried, but Camacho makes a lot of good cigars. I know kuzi is a big fan of the Diploma.
  • Options
    aaronjm:
    So the other night I lit up a Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic (black label) Robusto. I was expecting a really good experience out of this one seeing that it's gotten rave reviews. I am new to the hobby of cigars and am still developing my own taste. But when I lit that thing up, it smelled like a drugstore cigar. And tasted like one too. Dry and bitter. I have put my humidor (now tupperdor) through the ringer with the RH levels dipping into the upper 50s for about a month and a half. But they've been keeping at 73 for about 3 weeks now. I don't think it was dried out, seeing that the wrapper was perfect and it had a little give when I squeezed it. What do y'all think could account for the flavor?
    Six weeks in the upper 50s, followed by 3 weeks in the 70s could alter the character of a cigar, I think. Try one straight from a local B&M, if possible, and see if it tastes different. Regardless, the main thing you want to do is get your storage stabilized at a reasonable humidity.

BTW, welcome to the forum.