Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Smoking a java toro now-slow day at work
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    I had a CX2 yesterday, was a little stronger than I would expect, not a horrible cigar, but the wow factor wasn't there. I like the soprano's much better which is funny since I've been told that if you like the CX2 you'll like the sopranos.
    I believe the person who told you if you like the CX2 you'll like the Sopranos meant the MX-2. The MX-2 is a double maduro with the Binder of the MX-2 being the same leaf that is used as the wrapper for the Sopranos(given the binder is of a lesser quality). The CX-2 is a double Cameroon and IMO bares little to no similarities to the Sopranos.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I had a CX2 yesterday, was a little stronger than I would expect, not a horrible cigar, but the wow factor wasn't there. I like the soprano's much better which is funny since I've been told that if you like the CX2 you'll like the sopranos.
    I believe the person who told you if you like the CX2 you'll like the Sopranos meant the MX-2. The MX-2 is a double maduro with the Binder of the MX-2 being the same leaf that is used as the wrapper for the Sopranos(given the binder is of a lesser quality). The CX-2 is a double Cameroon and IMO bares little to no similarities to the Sopranos.
    yeah okay that makes sense, thanks for the information.
  • Options
    urbino:
    That's okay, Feebs and bt. We can't all have good taste. ;)
    lol, yeah you'll get there soon...
  • Options
    2 java toro's today so far-damn i love these things
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Yeah Joe.. Stick with a winner. You and I know about the fine La Flor Dominicana. I have one every couple months and yes they do keep getting better. I just noticed my regular source has them back in stock and should pick up a few more. They a little expensive to buy the whole box of fifty, so I usually get them five or ten at a time.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Tonight was a Padron 3000 habano. This one seemed to be a bit more mellow than the 2000, but I enjoyed it like I have every Padron I've had, the taste could also be due to how fresh it was too, and perhaps not just a function of its different dimensions.. And boy was it fresh, the inventory date stamp was from about two weeks ago.

The #1 is a fine smoke Kas, one I'm glad I stumbled onto. I think the price for a 50 ct. SLB cab does seem a bit spendy, but when one compares the price per cigar to the 5-pack, there is about a $1.25 difference per cigar in favor of the box. Again though, I do agree that it is a chunk to lay down on a box...but worth it in my opinion.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Tonight was a Padron 3000 habano. This one seemed to be a bit more mellow than the 2000, but I enjoyed it like I have every Padron I've had, the taste could also be due to how fresh it was too, and perhaps not just a function of its different dimensions.. And boy was it fresh, the inventory date stamp was from about two weeks ago.

The #1 is a fine smoke Kas, one I'm glad I stumbled onto. I think the price for a 50 ct. SLB cab does seem a bit spendy, but when one compares the price per cigar to the 5-pack, there is about a $1.25 difference per cigar in favor of the box. Again though, I do agree that it is a chunk to lay down on a box...but worth it in my opinion.

I am having a Padilla '68 tonight. Just finishing up and having trouble keeping it lit. It started off with a bit of a draw problem - not unusual for Padilla for me, but it's a pretty tasty smoke.

I am really liking the Padrons also. I haven't tried the 2000 - but I really liked the 3000 and loved the 6000. The Anniversarys are not to bad also... :) It's just hard to go wrong with the Padrons.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    if im not mistaken padron still blends in the old style. this means that they do not adjust the blend to make the entire line taste the same. therefor, it does not surprise me that the 3000 (larger ring) was a bit more mellow than the 2000 (smaller ring).
  • Options
    El Rey Del Mundo cabinet select saleda- 1st smoke of the day- lots of great smoke/aroma...very toasty and great for a cold day
  • Options
    Just finished a Ccom purple label, mild and creamy. Might pick up a couple more with some red label.
  • Options
    Oo to a cohiba pequenos- this is a powerful little smoke
  • Options
    It's a great day, 2nd smoke of the day, a padron nat 26. I really liked this guy, very smooth and creamy. Glad I have a few others.. Anyone have a 80th or 40th? I'm thinking about picking up a couple, is there a preference?
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Smoking the Bolivar that came in the cotm package a couple of months ago. Didn't start out good but after the first third the taste is developing.
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Just finished the Tabac Especial Toro Negra coffee infused that Phobicsquirrel sent in his PiF. My first infused, and damned if that was not a tasty smoke! :D Started out a little sweet, but not cloyingly so, and held a good flavor throughout the cigar. If you are looking for a good cigar to get your friends started on, this little beauty might fit the bill ;)
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    if im not mistaken padron still blends in the old style. this means that they do not adjust the blend to make the entire line taste the same. therefor, it does not surprise me that the 3000 (larger ring) was a bit more mellow than the 2000 (smaller ring).
    That was my initial thought on the difference I noted. And even setting the strength difference aside, I also noted some different flavors and a greater complexity, at least to my nose, in the 3000. It's cool how much difference you can find in the same cigar line among the different sizes.
  • Options
    It's been a great day, 3rd cigar of the day! If you haven't had a La Flor Domincana Ligero go get one, man was this guy Damn good. Not only was it sweet on the lips, the whole way through, it also left an aroma my wife loved (had to move inside the house). She came home and wondered what I used, I told her a cigar.. lol. This guy is a must buy box for me. I picked up some cocoa, nut, maybe some coffee along with some spice. Like I said it was sweet all the way through. Another thing that was nice was that I had a little uneven light as I was driving home, but it corrected itself after my screw-up. Again can't say enough good things about it.
  • Options

that sounds like a must try

• Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    Damn Pheebs I want to be you tonight. The La flor dominicana double ligero is a kick for me - tasty treat and then you had a natural anniversary Padron. I have a coulple of 64s they say are better, but I can't imagine... those are just sinful you know what I mean. :)
    I had a punch that was very good, and 5 vegas knuckle that I have to admire - but i would have giving 'em both up for the natural.... even kick in my bird dog.....
  • Options
    I haven't had a 64 yet, though I have 2 in the humi. Might break one out come xmas or new years.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I am soooooooooooo tempted to smoke my last Nub Conn tonight but I want to save it too. Any suggestions as to what I should smoke tonight? Or, maybe my last ccom brazilian. That has been aging since around May I think. Maybe it'll be that. Or maybe that Fuente Sun Grown Belicoso. Hrm..................... Decisions, decisions... It's only a max of 30 minutes for driving so I don't want to something super special like a Don Carlos, or 1964.
  • Options
    jave wafe-latte
  • Options
    I really don't know what the NUB rave is? I wasn't all that into them. Though I guess it's a quick smoke but I just feel weird about buying something so small..
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    I really don't know what the NUB rave is? I wasn't all that into them. Though I guess it's a quick smoke but I just feel weird about buying something so small..
    Although they are small in size, they have a long slow burn.. Every one I have ever had, I either got a solid hour out of them, or put them down early and could have gotten more out of it. I would not consider them a quick smoke, but one that should be smoked slowly.
  • Options
    finished the afternoon off with a El Ray Del Mundo and the night with a drew estate "juicy lucy" these are little flavor bombs
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Although they are small in size, they have a long slow burn.. Every one I have ever had, I either got a solid hour out of them, or put them down early and could have gotten more out of it. I would not consider them a quick smoke, but one that should be smoked slowly.
    they are good and they claim that they "arent just a novelty" but i think they are a bit novelty. i mean they are good... not great. they are priced very fair. for the price they are great but compare that to some others that i like.... id rather smoke other cigars. dont get me wrong, im about to get a few NUB connecticuts (i think the best ones) just to have em but im not blown away by them.

oh... and 460 lasted almost 1 hour 40 minutes ... hardly a short smoke.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    That was my initial thought on the difference I noted. And even setting the strength difference aside, I also noted some different flavors and a greater complexity, at least to my nose, in the 3000. It's cool how much difference you can find in the same cigar line among the different sizes.
    See, this kind of info is why we brought you 2 guys along. Very interesting.

Much too blustery out for smoking tonight. Last night was much too rainy. Monday night was much too something. The Man is keeping me down.
  • Options
    urbino:
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:

Much too blustery out for smoking tonight. Last night was much too rainy. Monday night was much too something. The Man is keeping me down.
    Illisiones does the same thing. try a CG4 then another with a larger ring. same blend not adjusted for different vitola, you tell me the difference.
  • Options
    urbino:
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:

Damn that MAN! It's just too damn cold out in my woods, if it's not raining.
  • Options
    capsfanxcapsfanx Posts: 29
    It was a nice 65 degrees here last night I believe, absolutely beautiful weather to sit outside and have a smoke,lol!! I had a CAO Italia last night, was very good!! I am actually from up North and I miss the cold weather occasionally....until nights like last night in December when I am outside in shorts and a t-shirt,lol!!