Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Last night I smoked an Olivia Serie O. My first one actually, very nice!!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    ive been very happy with just about everything that the oliva family has put out. great brand.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a Jose Seijas ( Altadis) Cigars, " Mi Dominicana." I believe this came from jOz3r in a PIF. A very pleasant surprise to me.. This was toasty, slightly spicy and leathery, with a great construction. Very tight and solid cigar. I will find this one and enjoy them again..
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Not me Kas. If memory serves, I believe Scrambler had purchased some of those, so perhaps it came from him.

This afternoon was a La Aurora 1495/1994. Have I mentioned yet that I love this cigar? It's a downright shame these are a limited production cigar, I'd like to be able to buy these 20 years from now. Oh well, never know what the future holds, maybe a cigar I like even more.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Not me Kas. If memory serves, I believe Scrambler had purchased some of those, so perhaps it came from him.

This afternoon was a La Aurora 1495/1994. Have I mentioned yet that I love this cigar? It's a downright shame these are a limited production cigar, I'd like to be able to buy these 20 years from now. Oh well, never know what the future holds, maybe a cigar I like even more.
    Well then, thanks to Scrambler for the fine Dominicana. I knew it was one of you two fine Gents..And I am down to my last 15 of the 1495/1994.. I will treasure each moment spent with this superior cigar.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    It's cold here tonight but I haven't had a smoke in almost a week now so I'm really thinking about getting a fire going and having a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet with a nice glass of Maker's Mark... If I decide to I'll let everyone know what I think. REALLY looking forward to trying this one!!!
  • Options
    I don't think you'll be disappointed with the SC CC Puro, it's an awesome cigar...which reminds me, I need to have another one of these days.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Krieg:
    Which one, Krieg? The perfecto is my favorite.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    nothing tonight - have a ripping headache and thinking about calling it an early night.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311

Fired up the grill last nite, lit an Illusion cg4 started out great. Had to go back inside for the food, when I came back outside the wind had picked up and blew it out of the ashtray and into the POOL. Ahh man you talk about being sick. So picked out another gar a gurkha double maduro, was just okay.

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I'm smoking a c.com cuban churchill. The 5 - 6 months of age has done it some good. Started off pretty slow but is starting to develop. Tonight is either going to be a Between the Lines or a 100 Anos or maybe both.

Has anybody noticed that the sizes are not consistent with the c.com lines? I have a Brazilian Churchill and it is noticably thinner and not quiet as long. Also, the corojo churchill I had was a little different too.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Finishing up an Indian Tabac Limited Reserve series A, which is a nice mild, creamy smoke with lots of it, and a pleasant vanilla aroma..
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    I'm smoking a c.com cuban churchill. The 5 - 6 months of age has done it some good. Started off pretty slow but is starting to develop. Tonight is either going to be a Between the Lines or a 100 Anos or maybe both.

Has anybody noticed that the sizes are not consistent with the c.com lines? I have a Brazilian Churchill and it is noticably thinner and not quiet as long. Also, the corojo churchill I had was a little different too.
    Got to let us know which one you smoked, I have both of them coming my way, would like to know what you think.
  • Options
    Just finished a java wafe latte- good smoke,great aroma,wonderful flavor,lotsa smoke-uummm
  • Options
    Had a La Aroma De Cuba Edition Especial, La Flor Dominica Ligero, and a Nub Habano.

Big smoking night. Probabily going to take a few days off :D
  • Options
    These Filthy Hands:
    Had a La Aroma De Cuba Edition Especial, La Flor Dominica Ligero, and a Nub Habano.

Big smoking night. Probabily going to take a few days off :D
    Three-fer night, sounds like a great way to relax.. I never had a La Aroma, how was that one ? ..La Flor Domininica, and Nub are two great smokes by me..My favorite La Flor Dominica, is the Cameroon Cabinet #1, If you ever see them, pick up a few. Really superior.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i had two at kuzipalooza: had an oliva V chruchill and then a camacho slr maduro. that camacho is so freakin good. i need more. the V was good too but that camacho after pizza really hit the spot.
  • Options
    Today was a multi-cigar day for me as well. Started off in the early afternoon with a Don Pepin Garcia JJ habano toro. A bit later on I had an Oliva Special S diadema of some sort, a 6x46 I believe. To cap off the day I had a Gurkha Warlord to kill a couple hours.

All told a good cigar day, I really liked the DPG JJ habano, didn't much care for the maduro, the Oliva Special S was tasty but ultimately left a good deal to be desired, and the Warlord was a Warlord, it's a good Gurkha, not my favorite, but certainly good, the damn thing is just too big though, I think a toro size would work so much better for this one.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Simply ridiculous cigar smoking day for me. Had an Illusione Cg 4 on the way up to Kuzipalooza, a Comacho Triple Maduro Figurado as the first cigar at the herf, then a Nording Torpedo after, then for some reason I thought it would be wise to smoke a La Aurora Preferido Robusto on the way home...a four cigar day. The Triple Maduro was a real treat at 5:30 that lasted 2+ hours....will be trying another one of these!
  • Options
    The Triple Maduro is something else indeed bbc. I haven't had anything like it, I think the robusto would be good for 90 minutes for me...I'm gonna have to break one out tomorrow...thanks for reminding me I had some.
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    smoked a la aurora saphire preferido. good taste,good draw, good burn. not sure if its worth 15-20 bucks though.
  • Options
    cubbychubbycubbychubby Posts: 29
    Today I will smoke for the first time in over a week. I have some Don Carlos that are burning a hole in my humi...
  • Options
    today will start with a cohiba black pequenos-
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    rwheelwright:

Got to let us know which one you smoked, I have both of them coming my way, would like to know what you think.
    Ok here is what I have to say about the Between the Lines and the 100 anos. I don't think I liked either of them too much. I started with the Between the lines. This thing burned the *** out of my nose and tongue. Pretty damn spicy. I have never had a cigar taste like this before. When I first lit it, it quickly burnt up one side while the rest did not and it was pretty bad. I wad able to straighten it out and the burn was fine after that.

The 100 anos reminded me of the Warlord. Taste is again completely different than anything I have had before. I know I said it reminds me of the Warlord but only a little. I had trouble keeping this thing lit. It I would put it down for no more thana minute, I would have to re-light it.

I have some more of each so I wan't to see how age will affect them. I figure I'll have another 100 Anos in about 6 months and a Between the lines in a year. Hopefully I can wait that long.
  • Options
    Well thanks for the info. I'm a little disappointed though. But I hope with a little age they will be a little better.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    Well thanks for the info. I'm a little disappointed though. But I hope with a little age they will be a little better.
    Don't forget to take into consideration my tastes. You may very well love them!!!!!!!
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    cubbychubby:
    Today I will smoke for the first time in over a week. I have some Don Carlos that are burning a hole in my humi...
    One of my favorite smokes, cubby. (And welcome.)

I had my first Carlos Torano, last night; a 1916. The flavor was very good, but the draw was pretty light, and it canoed on me toward the end.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Don't forget to take into consideration my tastes. You may very well love them!!!!!!!
    Yeah I know, perhaps the next one will be better.
  • Options
    urbino:
    cubbychubby:
    One of my favorite smokes, cubby. (And welcome.)

I had my first Carlos Torano, last night; a 1916. The flavor was very good, but the draw was pretty light, and it canoed on me toward the end.
    Glad to see your hitting the puff house again...

I had a Olivia series O natural this morning, not a bad smoke, I have another one sitting. Not sure if I'll run out and get a bunch more, but not a bad experience.
  • Options
    I do enjoy many of the Torano line .. Along with the Virtuoso and 1916, My favorite is the Signature, which unfortunately is not available here. Also, the Casa Torano, give them a try I think you will like these too.