Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    HIGH rolla! nice, glad you enjoyed yourself. I myself wasn't able to smoke anything but I did finally find some Snow Plow from Widmere today, had that with some pasta, man o man, I love this stuff. Beats the hell out of their Brrrr crap.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Do you have the churchills or the perfecto? I could only find the perfecto
    Torpedo. That's all I could find.
    That's what I meant. It's triple infused, I would think it would be better.. hmmm.
    It got harsh and sour half way through. It may have just been that particular one but I got a few more to try so we'll see. Their not exactly the most economical cigar either. There is a new cigar out that I want to try but noone has then in stock. It's the new Don Arturo Gran Anniversario. They are like $60 a piece. That's tough to stomach.
    wow, that's a spendy cigar. Yeah I'm interested too..
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    tonight, after many beers and a few burbons on the rocks (yeah... kinda drunk) i had a Cuba Aliados while watching some friends kill some zombies (Xbox) ... gotta say, im unimpressed.

put it this way... I didnt put it down, but im not rushing out to buy more.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I had every intention of grabbing a RP 92 reaching into my humi, but i grabbed a hold of a Montecristo White. I figured what the hell, i hadnt had one yet and they'e been in there a while. A truly buttery smooth creamy smoke. Lots of cedar, a little ginger and....raisin....kind of a underlying sweetness. Mild yet flavorful, smoke was cool all the way down. Good burn, i puched it and pre draw was "ok" about 1/4 way through i clipped it...yeah, thats the way to go, it was a bigger ring too. My buds said they had some draw problems like that. All in all if you've tried and like the 5 Vegas Gold...Plunk down the extra bucks on one of these, you'll dig it.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    happy thanksgiving to all - may your meals be delicious and your smokes awsome
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    happy thanksgiving to all - may your meals be delicious and your smokes awsome
    Thanks G.. Same to you..
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Last night was a Gurkha Centurian. I liked it, and I think I figured out why I was unimpressed last time around, I think the flavors tend to be a little understated and nothing really jumped out at me and smacked me in the face. I started a cigar log with this one, and now I know why I didn't do a cigar log before, because I filled two damn pages in the hour and 40 minutes I spent with this cigar.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311

This morning I had a Hemingway Signature with coffee, after lunch Mont 2. Both awesome smokes. Haven't been on the forums lately, been working most of my days off, was tempted to go in today, but gotta lay it down sometime.

• Options
    This morning was a Cusano Estate Reserve churchill, nice mild cigar, nothing to complain about in this one.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    dep691:

This morning I had a Hemingway Signature with coffee, after lunch Mont 2. Both awesome smokes. Haven't been on the forums lately, been working most of my days off, was tempted to go in today, but gotta lay it down sometime.

I had the same two cigars day, plus a 601 Black. Great T-Day smokes!

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    phobicsquirrel:
    HIGH rolla! nice, glad you enjoyed yourself. I myself wasn't able to smoke anything but I did finally find some Snow Plow from Widmere today, had that with some pasta, man o man, I love this stuff. Beats the hell out of their Brrrr crap.
    I have got no idea what those words mean.
  • Options
    dep -- glad you popped in to say hi. Come back and see us sometime.

Jet -- I like the Monte White, too. I think it rates the price premium over the 5 Vegas Gold.
  • Options
    urbino:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I have got no idea what those words mean.
    eh, hmmm.. well I could send you a book...
  • Options
    urbino:
    dep -- glad you popped in to say hi. Come back and see us sometime.

Jet -- I like the Monte White, too. I think it rates the price premium over the 5 Vegas Gold.
    I had a Monetecristo White a while ago and was impressed. I enjoyed the mild, yet creamy smoke. They've been on my "to get" list for some time now. I would like to tray the platinums one day and see which is better.
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    I haven't been able to smoke in months so I am finally enjoying an RP92. Last nite was an Oliva G, my fav. 2 smoking nites in a row and a few beverages...I'm thankfull for the time.
  • Options
    Tonight was part of a JFC super toro, this cigar just doesn't do anything for me, the flavor is so light and unchanging, and all in all it's just not my cup of tea. They start out nice, but unfortunately they take a turn for the mellow from there. Oh well, you win some you lose some.
  • Options

kahlua torpedo earlier at work/sancha panza this evening

• Options
    I've never had the Platinum, Feebs. Is it supposed to be similar?

After not smoking for about a week, I had an Ashton VSG torpedo, yesterday evening. I wanted something that would reward my taste buds for the wait, and the VSG delivered.
  • Options
    had a el ray del mundo cabinet select salundo early evening . finished off the day with a fuente anejo no.77/shark-just bought today and couldn't wait to smoke.enjoyed both .
  • Options
    Tonight was a Tatuaje Havana VI churchill. I've only got one word: wow. What an excellent smoke. I haven't had a cigar that made me wobble like this in a good while, and it's only billed as medium bodied, I might have to re-evaluate my measure of strength. Two thumbs up.
  • Options
    urbino:
    I've never had the Platinum, Feebs. Is it supposed to be similar?

After not smoking for about a week, I had an Ashton VSG torpedo, yesterday evening. I wanted something that would reward my taste buds for the wait, and the VSG delivered.
    Never had it either. I'm waiting un-patiently to give one of my VSG's a try....
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i had a Flor De Oliva today. cheap and good. im not runnin out to buy a bundle though.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I smoked one of the Cusano perfectos that we got in cotm club a few months ago. It was the one with the orange label (or peice of cloth to be more exact). I believe this one was the Cameroon one.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I am having my first Padron 26 anniv. It started out a little deficient in the draw, but damn did it turn quickly into an unbelievable smoke... I just can't imagine anything better than this... :)

Just had to share!
  • Options
    Tumbler:
    I am having my first Padron 26 anniv. It started out a little deficient in the draw, but damn did it turn quickly into an unbelievable smoke... I just can't imagine anything better than this... :)

Just had to share!
    It's a helluva smoke Tumbler, I'd recommend trying the 1964 as well, I liked that one more personally.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Tumbler:

Just had to share!
    It's a helluva smoke Tumbler, I'd recommend trying the 1964 as well, I liked that one more personally.

I have 2 64s resting in the humi... Just can't imagine...
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Yesterday I enjoyed a Tatuaje Miami that had a perfect draw and burn the whole way. Smoked it down till it almost burning my fingers! Great smoke! Then later in the night had another of the Xikar Defiance and it was a good smoke with great flavor, but had some burn issues. Wanted to canoe on me through the entire smoke. Gave up on it with about 2 1/2 inches left. Also got tired of the cold wind beating us to death! ha
  • Options
    nothing tonite -- too cold and rained big part of day-very cold-already wish it were spring-warmer smoking weather
  • Options
    Started out the day with a 5 Vegas Classic panatela courtesy of our friend, or is it fiend?, urbino, nice way to start off. Later in the afternoon had a Partagas Spanish Rosado robusto, honestly I just don't get much from this one, it's not particularly bad, it just isn't particularly good, kinda boring to be honest. To finish out the evening I had a Bauza lonsdale, which didn't wow me either...I must be getting really picky all of a sudden.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    had a Gran Habano 3 Siglos Robusto tonight with a friend. Was an interesting smoke, lots of earthiness/spice to begin with, then lightened up and got sweet. I had the distinct aroma of butterscotch for a couple draws then it went away and gave way to mostly earthiness and nut. Was a nice smoke after not smoking for a couple days.