Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Had a La Aurora Preferido Maduro last night. Im impressed! Always wanted to try one of these. Very robust and flavorful, powerful with an edgy smoothness. Burned well until the 1/2 way point then required touching up about ever 10 minutes. I heard the Sapphire Tubo is pretty good to, if ya'll get a chance to smoke one of these, i reccomend them!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i just got my hands on that one (the green tube). I was talking to the guy at the shop and he said that since he knows what i like that i will enjoy that one more. we will see. its resting in the humidor now.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    green tube? hmm, well could be the brown tube.. I had a blue label from Ccom, not a bad smoke, mild and nice aroma. Liked the red label more, have the purple one left.. might try that one tonight.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I am smoking a Sol Cubano Connecticut Torpedo. My last one. Has some nice tastes. I think it is starting to change flavors a little. I had to put it down for a while and get my ass back to work!
  • Options
    I will be smoking a CAO LX-2.  Just got my shipment of these babies today.  Cannot wait as I have such high hopes for this cigar.
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Just smoked a 5 Vegas red double nickel. Good smoke as always.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Started off the day right with a Cusano 18 Double Connecticut, which I really like...and I should have just quit while I was ahead. In the late afternoon I headed out with a Gurkha Black Dragon robusto and had problems with this one...mainly because it was over humidified, I knew it and didn't put it away to stabilize like I knew I should. Oh well, the Cusano was damn good anyway.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    had one of the local shops house blend maduros today. was not impressed at all.back to the good stuff.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Smoked a Padron 26 natural tonight with a friend, who ended up giving me an early christmas present: 5 pack of Ghurka Beasts. What a guy. He's just getting into the addiction...he's seasoning his first humidor.
  • Options
    good present
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    all I have gotten him so far is a DVD...there shall be sticks in his present when the time comes
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    bbc020:
    Smoked a Padron 26 natural tonight with a friend, who ended up giving me an early christmas present: 5 pack of Ghurka Beasts. What a guy. He's just getting into the addiction...he's seasoning his first humidor.
    you guys are spending more on each other than my wife and I are going to spend for the holiday.
  • Options
    Excalibur 1066 Merlin. Seriously, I could smoke this thing for ever.
  • Options
    Finishing up a CAO America Landmark, and boy I'm loving it!!! Getting a box this weekend. One of the best CAO's I've had, well the Soprano is good as well. I hope the LX2 is good....
  • Options
    partagas spanish rosado-good smoke-good flavor-i swear i can taste cinnamon
  • Options
    gonna be an oliva for sure. heading to the b&m for the tasting event! hmm will it be the serie v?
  • Options
    gmill880:
    You know, I like this smoke but I like it in the 6X60 and the 6X54 size. Not sure I have had or even remeber the smaller sizes.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    gmill880:
    You know, I like this smoke but I like it in the 6X60 and the 6X54 size. Not sure I have had or even remeber the smaller sizes.
    Damn you!!! I'm going to have to put this on the "buy" list... :-[
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    kuzi16:
    i just got my hands on that one (the green tube). I was talking to the guy at the shop and he said that since he knows what i like that i will enjoy that one more. we will see. its resting in the humidor now.
    I had one of those several months ago, kuz. It seems to me it'd be a bit mild for your tastes, but I did like it quite a bit.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    here is actually how i was sold on the green and not the red...

I knew the B&M was having a store wide sale for being open 30 years. 20% off. hells yeah.
    i walked in with the intent on buying one of the three. the red being my first choice. the guy i always talk to was the one in the humidor at the time. I call him over and tell him i am buying a preferido (dont think i spelled that right) today. lets discuss the options. the cameroon was clearly from cameroon, and he knows im not a big fan of that wrapper... turns out neither is he. that one is out. my next question was about the green guy...
    "is that an ecuadorian sumatra or just from Ecuador?"
    just from
    what country is the wrapper on the maduro from
    he coulnt recall but i now know its dominican... he had them all before. If i was looking for a good maduro flavor i would not get it out of the red tube. its not a bad cigar, it just has a very strange profile for a maduro. many people dont like it due to the "what they got is not what they expected" thing. he also said that since he knows i look for different flavors in a cigar that the Ecuadorian sun grown will yield a more complex smoke.
    I can get on board with more complex.
    so i got that one. i may go back and get the maduro anyway.
  • Options
    Had a edge lite by Rocky Patel tonight it was very nice had good draw good smoke and the ash was about 1.5 inches before it fell off. I will be having another one of these soon it was great especially for the price only 5 bucks.
  • Options
    cusano 18 dbl conn-- always good-creamy,smooth
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Tonight was a La Flor Dominicana Limitado III. This one was a pretty damn good smoke in my book. Solid construction, and when I say solid, I mean it felt like I was holding a tool in my hand, draw had a bit of resistance to it, but just the right amount. The flavor was very good, though it took about an inch to hit the sweet spot, started very peppery mellowed into a very pleasant oaky, leathery delight. And full bodied to be sure, I can still feel it in the pit of my stomach and in my knees when I stand up...probably should have eaten before smoking this one, and I'd recommend anyone to have a good meal in them before smoking this guy.
  • Options
    Nothing for me today. I drove my car to work and I don't smoke in my car; only my truck. :-( Any suggestions for me for tomorrow?
  • Options
    drive your truck--:)
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Ha!
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    We had a thunder storm tonight, my favorite time to smoke. So, i decided on a gurkha 1887. in one word "HEAVEN".
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    Well, the storm picked up again, so i figured i'd go for a twofer, for the third night in a row. I tried a ccom purple label. It was a little bit on the mild side for me, but over all, it wasn't a bad smoke.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Had a Chateau Real tonight, had to smoke it in two sessions..it was about 29 last night. All in all, not too impressed, i found it to be overly spicy, strong but didnt have any character to it. I'll try another but not expecting much.
  • Options
    I'm smoking a Gurkha Legend Robusto today. Haven't had one in a while. It's starting off slow at the moment.