Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Nice pic Dustin. The Padron panatela (lancero) is probably my favorite Padron. I've only had it in the habano wrapper as I tend to like Padron more in the habano than the maduro. And you're right, pretty much anything Padron ages wonderfully imo, and these should be no exception.
    I love both...I am a **** for either. Let me know and I'll shoot you one. I like the 64 corona too and really enjoy the smaller vitola maddy's when it comes to the padron line. The larger ones can be quite overpowering and need a damn porterhouse to pair....
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Started out with a LP Undercrown and followed up with a Perdomo Lot 23 and finished off with a Morro Castle from November of 2010.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Just lit this up. image
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Imgembo:
    dennisking:
    Casa Fuente Lancero.
    is that one of their mojitos i see to the right?
    yes it was. I started with Ardbeg 10yr but after tasting the mojito, I had to have one. Fantastic.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonight im going with a man o war toro almost 2 years rest
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Just lit up a few minutes ago, compliments of bandyt09 from about a year ago. Ton of spice on it. Pairing it with some Graham's 20yr Tawney Port.

• Options
    Katt68Katt68 Posts: 124
    Kristoff double Lingero Lacero Before: image After: about an inch left before it was TOO HOT to smoke. GREAT smoke image
  • Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551

Outside with an ave maria right now
  • Options
    rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    LGC Retro Club...
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    another 1844 no52 along with a "Redneck Mojito"

Edit: I spiral cut that whole dang lime, looks cool but took FOREVER
  • Options
    As much as I really want to like these, I just can't fall in love. After seeing the double today, i might check out some different vitolas or buy a few and just stash them to see what happens. image
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    As much as I really want to like these, I just can't fall in love. After seeing the double today, i might check out some different vitolas or buy a few and just stash them to see what happens. image
    You have any you don't want. Let me know.
  • Options
    That was the last one Justin, I think for now I'll check out some other vitolas via trade.
  • Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    After a long day I am relaxing with a San Lotano Oval and a three finger of Bowman Rye. Great way to end a day.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    Just lit up a few minutes ago, compliments of bandyt09 from about a year ago. Ton of spice on it. Pairing it with some Graham's 20yr Tawney Port.

Mike, if you love it, blame Joe not me, he got me hooked. If you hate it, blame Joe as he raved about it with age. Either way, blame Joe.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Don Alejandro
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    rzaman:
    Don Alejandro
    You smoke some fantastic stuff, brother. Very jealous!
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Thanks...life is too short to smoke bad cigars. Are you the one who wanted to smoke Don Alejandro? If yes then I will send you one when I am in Washington DC next.
    BigT06:
    rzaman:
    Don Alejandro
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    rzaman:
    Thanks...life is too short to smoke bad cigars. Are you the one who wanted to smoke Don Alejandro? If yes then I will send you one when I am in Washington DC next.
    BigT06:
    rzaman:
    Don Alejandro
    Brother I think most BOTL want to smoke Don Alejandro. lol

I have never mentioned it to you before, so you are prob thinking of another BOTL, and I don't wanna cut in line. But if you are feeling generous, hit me up too! lol
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve2010:
    I had my first one of those two nights ago. I was expecting something similar to the Punishet based on the hype and also based on the lick... My lips and tongue tingled off the Fausto and got tons of damp mineral rich earth and red-pepper spice, but it turned out to be a decedent profile and incredibly rich... Far less of a pepper bomb and far more of a solid and wonderful smoke! Sad that it's the only one I had besides the Avion but I really enjoyed it. How was your take and experience on it Steve?
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    BigT06:
    rzaman:
    BigT06:
    rzaman:
    Don Alejandro

I have never mentioned it to you before, so you are prob thinking of another BOTL, and I don't wanna cut in line. But if you are feeling generous, hit me up too! lol
    Think you hit the nail on the head there Todd, the Don Alejandro is on my short list of must try.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    BigT06:
    rzaman:
    BigT06:
    rzaman:
    Don Alejandro

Think you hit the nail on the head there Todd, the Don Alejandro is on my short list of must try.
    Joe, I think I have one for you. I didnt even know you had a list of to try...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    lcpleel:
    j0z3r:
    BigT06:
    rzaman:
    BigT06:
    rzaman:
    Don Alejandro

Joe, I think I have one for you. I didnt even know you had a list of to try...
    Well, I have tried a lot of cigars in my relatively short time in the hobby, but there still is a lot out there that's a mystery to me. Your generosity never ceases to amaze me, you're a real class act Isaac.
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    90+ Irishman:
    Steve2010:
    I had my first one of those two nights ago. I was expecting something similar to the Punishet based on the hype and also based on the lick... My lips and tongue tingled off the Fausto and got tons of damp mineral rich earth and red-pepper spice, but it turned out to be a decedent profile and incredibly rich... Far less of a pepper bomb and far more of a solid and wonderful smoke! Sad that it's the only one I had besides the Avion but I really enjoyed it. How was your take and experience on it Steve?

You pretty much nailed it. The pre-light sniff was like cocoa powder mixed with the red pepper flakes that you see at a pizza parlor. The flavor profile was very similar to the AKA Respect, although the strength wasn't quite as full. The burn was a bit wonky, but straightened out. I'm going to try it again in a few days.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    La aurora maduro
  • Options
    Steve2010:
    90+ Irishman:
    Steve2010:

You pretty much nailed it. The pre-light sniff was like cocoa powder mixed with the red pepper flakes that you see at a pizza parlor. The flavor profile was very similar to the AKA Respect, although the strength wasn't quite as full. The burn was a bit wonky, but straightened out. I'm going to try it again in a few days.
    Thanks man, it was a smoke that I'm sad to see be out of my humi, I really enjoyed the one I had!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Steve2010:
    90+ Irishman:
    Steve2010:

Thanks man, it was a smoke that I'm sad to see be out of my humi, I really enjoyed the one I had!
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    deejmemixx:
    La aurora maduro
    How is that?