Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Finished up my first ever OpusX in the Love Affair size, dated 7/22/11 from AJGARLETT.... Thank you so much it was a phenomenal experience and smoke! The beginning was just so-so at the fattest ring gauge, but as it narrowed out the balance became spot on and very creamy, loved it! This is a blend that I feel really is best expressed in a smaller ring gauge.

I got a pic up finally lol
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    1/3 of a Johnny-O! Culebra with the "World Famous" shaggy foot courtesy of our very own 20CT Assassin Todd ;) Great smoke and a fantastic experience, but 12-18 months is really needed for this to shine I think... Thanks a TON Todd! Did my first review in months on this bad boy, pics and review will be posted soon!

Pic to add to it now
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    On the agenda for today is a LFD Cameroon Cabinet #1.
  • Options
    SquatchitoSquatchito Posts: 41
    Hemingway Classic right now, contemplating a Partagas Black when I throw dinner on the grill.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Guillermo Leon, fantastic!
  • Options
    Katt68Katt68 Posts: 124
    A nice smoke after dinner Photobucket
  • Options
    kingdavid5kingdavid5 Posts: 293
    My first ever My Father image
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Casa Fuente Lancero.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Just lit up my 3rd cigar a MoW Ruination
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CAIN F ROBUSTO
  • Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    dennisking:
    Casa Fuente Lancero.
    is that one of their mojitos i see to the right?
  • Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    Drew Estate Natural
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    I just enjoyed a very nice Aj Fernandez Fresh Rolled Corona.. Perfect for a night here at work...
  • Options
    Medic45:
    I just enjoyed a very nice Aj Fernandez Fresh Rolled Corona.. Perfect for a night here at work...

You're welcome...
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    a Ccom sungrown label, my first of the Ccom labels
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Gonna smoke this Feral thing and see what its all about.
  • Options
    Out on the back porch under the stars warming up next to the fire-pit having my first run at the MF Le Bijou 1922 in the Short Robusto vitola. First inch was a little harsh and bitter, but after that I've really warmed up to it. The finish and aftertaste are laced heavily with black pepper and a slight bite but it does have a wonderful meaty core with hickory, leather and a creamy vanilla. Slightly let down that it doesn't have anywhere near as much of the mineral rich dark earth spice that I get with nearly all Nicaraguan leaf, especially from the MF factory, but all in all I still very much enjoy it nonetheless ;)
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Brett, how much time does that MF LB have on it? Personally, I don't find these very palatable fresh, but after about 12 months they start to smooth out and open up, I feel these will start to shine somewhere between 2-3 years.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    Gonna smoke this Feral thing and see what its all about.
    the one I had fri was awesome!!! FYI....I think they like 65, cause the one in my 68-70 box was significantly different in burn
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Brett, how much time does that MF LB have on it? Personally, I don't find these very palatable fresh, but after about 12 months they start to smooth out and open up, I feel these will start to shine somewhere between 2-3 years.
    This one I believe was a gift from BigFnSteve so I'm not sure, but based on taste and how the cello looked I'd guess no longer than 3-6 months max. Still really great smoke but I'd have to agree with you 100% that a two plus years of age would make these magnificent. Sadly this is the only one I had since I had gifted all the others I had to other brothers. I like to share the love so it'll be 2-3 years before I can have that chance lol. I'll have to pick one up myself and hose it in the aging humi for a few years so that I can forget it haha!
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Out on the back porch under the stars warming up next to the fire-pit having my first run at the MF Le Bijou 1922 in the Short Robusto vitola. First inch was a little harsh and bitter, but after that I've really warmed up to it. The finish and aftertaste are laced heavily with black pepper and a slight bite but it does have a wonderful meaty core with hickory, leather and a creamy vanilla. Slightly let down that it doesn't have anywhere near as much of the mineral rich dark earth spice that I get with nearly all Nicaraguan leaf, especially from the MF factory, but all in all I still very much enjoy it nonetheless ;)

Thanks for the input, Brett. Steve bombed me with one and it's going to need some time after it's long and arduous journey.
  • Options
    Toombes:
    90+ Irishman:

Thanks for the input, Brett. Steve bombed me with one and it's going to need some time after it's long and arduous journey.
    No problem brother, Steve is incredibly generousand is making a helluva mark already! The one I had tonight needed age but it was still a GREAT smoke nonetheless so don't get lost on the age subject, you'll enjoy it regardless :)
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    j0z3r:
    This one I believe was a gift from BigFnSteve so I'm not sure, but based on taste and how the cello looked I'd guess no longer than 3-6 months max. Still really great smoke but I'd have to agree with you 100% that a two plus years of age would make these magnificent. Sadly this is the only one I had since I had gifted all the others I had to other brothers. I like to share the love so it'll be 2-3 years before I can have that chance lol. I'll have to pick one up myself and hose it in the aging humi for a few years so that I can forget it haha!
    Brett, don't worry about finding one to hide in thehumiasI amsure I may haveone or two that'll ageout that long.
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    lit up an est 1844 a few minutes ago... gonna be another good night!
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    AVO XO
  • Options
    taythegibs:
    lit up an est 1844 a few minutes ago... gonna be another good night!

+1. The one you sent me as a tag-along was most enjoyable. Thanks again, Tay!!
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Padron Maduro lancero... I highly recommend these and the natural in this size and the corona... I think the Maddy's would age extremely well image
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    catfishbluezz:
    Padron Maduro lancero... I highly recommend these and the natural in this size and the corona... I think the Maddy's would age extremely well image
    Those Padron maduros smell like candy to me if I sniff the wrapper. Accdentally posted it in the morning thread but capping off my night with a MOW box pressed.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Nice pic Dustin. The Padron panatela (lancero) is probably my favorite Padron. I've only had it in the habano wrapper as I tend to like Padron more in the habano than the maduro. And you're right, pretty much anything Padron ages wonderfully imo, and these should be no exception.