JHewey:
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Perdomo 10th mad
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    y2pascoe:
    I'm in the last third of a Rocky Patel Decade, and sweet Jesus, I'm loving it. This is the second one I've had. The first smelt like manure and tasted stale. This one's the exact opposite. Oh Rocky, you and your inconsistent quality control.
    6-12 months in the humi does a decade good...

Ramon Bueso for me...planned on writing a review....waiting for something to inspire me. image
    I had one (last week?)... I still think they need some more nap time. I took the other few i had and put them at the bottom of the coolidor to rest a while.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A nice J Fuego Origen. Mmmmm, tasty.....
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    JHewey:
    Wow you quick with that pic. Did you have it waiting?
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    catfishbluezz:
    JHewey:
    Wow you quick with that pic. Did you have it waiting?
    Nope...just lurking on the back patio... iPhone baby! So...is it the unicorn or what?
  • Options
    y2pascoe:
    catfishbluezz:
    y2pascoe:
    I'm in the last third of a Rocky Patel Decade, and sweet Jesus, I'm loving it. This is the second one I've had. The first smelt like manure and tasted stale. This one's the exact opposite. Oh Rocky, you and your inconsistent quality control.
    6-12 months in the humi does a decade good...

Ramon Bueso for me...planned on writing a review....waiting for something to inspire me.
    I ALMOST lit one of those. Got two in my humi I grabbed at Cigarfest. Let us know what you think.
    Well...I was disapointed honestly... It was a bit of a letdown considering what I expected. I got some toasty caramel, cocoa, espresso type undertones, but nothing stood out to me and dominated the smoke. I didn't feel like complexity was there, but i did not get the bitterness some have claimed at the end. If the quality of the tobacco is what they say it is, then rest may be the only answer.
  • Options
    Yes. It seems very mellow. But they are a couple years old I think. Whatever age. Getting some nutty flavor and wood and chocolate/cocoa. Glad I got chance to try it. Now both of the other cigars I smoked today were better. But this is far from bad.
  • Options
    JHewey:
    Yes. It seems very mellow. But they are a couple years old I think. Whatever age. Getting some nutty flavor and wood and chocolate/cocoa. Glad I got chance to try it. Now both of the other cigars I smoked today were better. But this is far from bad.
    I've got a trade going for some La Verite...so I might smoke the one I got from Todd here soon. Glad you liked the Opus
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Going to have a 5 Vegas Classic tonight thanks to Seagarlover. Thanks man..
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    JHewey:
    I've got a trade going for some La Verite...so I might smoke the one I got from Todd here soon. Glad you liked the Opus
    Yes yes yes. Smoke that Le Verite and join the club of cigars that you love but not the easiest to find. Lol
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'm smoking a fraud...a cigar that sells itself as a shag foot when in reality it is simply a cigar with 1/4 " of wrapper removed. This fraud's name? my Father El Hijo. Fantastic cigar, but a fraud nonetheless.
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    im now finishing up a padilla series 68, great cigar, and sucks that they are not going to be making them anymore.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I'm smoking a fraud...a cigar that sells itself as a shag foot when in reality it is simply a cigar with 1/4 " of wrapper removed. This fraud's name? my Father El Hijo. Fantastic cigar, but a fraud nonetheless.
    How is it? I still got some lying around. I'm interested in your tasting notes.
  • Options
    Diesel D5 from Boyd....much better then my first experience, alot sweeter then I thought image
  • Options
    jliu:
    j0z3r:
    No tasting notes, but to me it tastes like a My Father cigar but stronger. That's very general, and I don't mean to say it's exactly like an MF, but similar I'd say. I would call it full strength.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    jliu:
    j0z3r:
    No tasting notes, but to me it tastes like a My Father cigar but stronger. That's very general, and I don't mean to say it's exactly like an MF, but similar I'd say. I would call it full strength.
    you have inspired me. I'm going to light one up in about 15 minutes after I digest my food a little.
  • Options
    stadstad Posts: 396 ✭✭
    Finished the evening with a Camacho 1962 Edicion Limitada in a torpedo. It had 3 years on it and was excellent.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Finally got to sit down with my favorite and get some relaxation time in...

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    jliu:
    j0z3r:
    jliu:
    j0z3r:
    you have inspired me. I'm going to light one up in about 15 minutes after I digest my food a little.
    Good idea. Let me know how it is.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    jliu:
    j0z3r:
    jliu:
    j0z3r:
    ok I kid. I had a San Cristobal Del Sol robusto instead. it was. I dont know. I can't describe it haha. I liked it. Tomorrow will be the El Hijo. Man, my fart STINKS. oh those korean short ribs
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    La Reloba Mex and a Tanqueray and Tonic at the Club!!!

Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    MVW67:

I must say. now THIS is more like it! For the price point, I really like that La Reloba Mex. TWO limes? really?
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    MVW67:

I must say. now THIS is more like it! For the price point, I really like that La Reloba Mex. TWO limes? really?
    Whatever she brings it's refreshing!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Can I tell you a secret? I use three limes *shy embarrassed face*
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos love mow
  • Options
    armaes8armaes8 Posts: 279
    imagePhotobucket">
    Last night I thought I would go big, Finished the night with a Graycliff and some Johnny Blue, neat of course, because its the only way.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    jliu:
    j0z3r:
    jliu:
    j0z3r:
    Jo Jo. About half way through this My Father El Hijo. full strength. This pepper won't leave my tongue. It's sticking on telling me aye papi jiunn. It was good. I liked it. I need to go drink some water now.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Yup...
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos