• Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    San Lotano Oval
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    601 green
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro 2009 from Dustin. HUGE thanks, brother!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
  • Options
    Joe, if your batch of JO Sublimes is as good as the batch I got back in May, that is one of my fav Johnny-O! cigars. Mine have been amazing. Nice dark wrapper with tons of flavor, and the size is just right for a perfect draw. They are one of the best that I have gotten from him. I'm glad I got as many as I did!
  • Options
    So far so good Todd. This is my second one today. Personally, I prefer the canonazo by a bit, but these are awesome.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    So far so good Todd. This is my second one today. Personally, I prefer the canonazo by a bit, but these are awesome.
    The canonazo is still my #1 too, but I gotta say, that BBF sized belicoso you sent me a while back was freaking amazing. I only had the one of those, so I don't know if they were all that good, but that one was fantastic.
  • Options
    BigT06:
    j0z3r:
    The canonazo is still my #1 too, but I gotta say, that BBF sized belicoso you sent me a while back was freaking amazing. I only had the one of those, so I don't know if they were all that good, but that one was fantastic.
    Bottom line, I haven't had a bad J-O...even the ones where the draw was too tight have had excellent flavor. As long as John keeps selling his customs, I'll be buying them.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    BigT06:
    j0z3r:
    Bottom line, I haven't had a bad J-O...even the ones where the draw was too tight have had excellent flavor. As long as John keeps selling his customs, I'll be buying them.
    Hmmm, so i guess it wasnt a fluke that the first/only stick I tried was so tight that I gave up on it,,kinda turned me off on the blend..
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    j0z3r:
    BigT06:
    j0z3r:
    Hmmm, so i guess it wasnt a fluke that the first/only stick I tried was so tight that I gave up on it,,kinda turned me off on the blend..
    They are so wet fresh you have to dry box them IMO. My experience was pretty much every single one had a horrid draw but the flavors were excellent. Dry boxing for 2-3 days helped. And after having a sick one, I just put them down within a week anyways. Better to wait for the surprise next year.
  • Options
    WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    I just sat down my Cigar to grab a beer and when I came back I saw this guy joining me: imageimage
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    The Kid:
    j0z3r:
    BigT06:
    j0z3r:
    They are so wet fresh you have to dry box them IMO. My experience was pretty much every single one had a horrid draw but the flavors were excellent. Dry boxing for 2-3 days helped. And after having a sick one, I just put them down within a week anyways. Better to wait for the surprise next year.
    Dustin, the one I tried to smoke had nearly a year on it. As far as dryboxing, it was soo tight that no amount of dryboxing would of made it smokeable. Good to know though if I ever get another to try.
  • Options
    WaterDemon:
    I just sat down my Cigar to grab a beer and when I came back I saw this guy joining me: imageimage
    Nice photo,,looks like he's stickin his tounge out at ya..
  • Options
    The Kid:
    j0z3r:
    BigT06:
    j0z3r:
    The majority have had no problem, but I've had a few that were pretty tight. I just try and remember that any handmade product is going to have it's failures, especially with something organic like tobacco that is subject to expansion with heat. Most of the ones I have aren't ready to smoke, but I'd be happy to send a couple your way once they are just so you can (hopefully) form a better opinion...I'm a believer in the Johnny-O! custom rolls. I really do think that dollar for dollar, they're some of the best cigars out there...for me at least.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    The Kid:
    j0z3r:
    BigT06:
    j0z3r:
    The majority have had no problem, but I've had a few that were pretty tight. I just try and remember that any handmade product is going to have it's failures, especially with something organic like tobacco that is subject to expansion with heat. Most of the ones I have aren't ready to smoke, but I'd be happy to send a couple your way once they are just so you can (hopefully) form a better opinion...I'm a believer in the Johnny-O! custom rolls. I really do think that dollar for dollar, they're some of the best cigars out there...for me at least.
    I try to understand the handmade thing and ive had my share of poor experiences with major brands as well. I've heard everyone rave about these,, just luck of the draw (or not) lol.. I would definately be willing to give it another go and that would be awesome!!
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    The Kid:
    j0z3r:
    The Kid:
    j0z3r:
    BigT06:
    j0z3r:
    I try to understand the handmade thing and ive had my share of poor experiences with major brands as well. I've heard everyone rave about these,, just luck of the draw (or not) lol.. I would definately be willing to give it another go and that would be awesome!!
    I know how bad it sucks when that happens...you see all this talk and hear all the hype, and when you try it you just end up wondering why you drank the kool-aid yet again.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    EPC short run 2012
  • Options
    The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    Tonight its a Cohiba Red Dot Churchill
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a Bahia Maduro. Been sitting in the humi at least 6 months. I used to really love these. Not really digging this one. Don't know if it's my taste changing or the stick. Been kinda tight on the draw so that might account for the taste not bieng what I remembered.
  • Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    Tonight I am having a MUWAT Robusto from the mazo I got today. Not bad and the rest are sleeping in my humidor.
  • Options
    SporusSporus Posts: 236
    Was enjoying an El Barrio in my backyard with the dog. Then the refinery blew up and I got the f out of dodge.
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Due to the wind and sandstorms, this was my first smoke in 3 days

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Steve2010:
    Due to the wind and sandstorms, this was my first smoke in 3 days

That's a good cigar to have!
  • Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    Rocky Patel Vintage 1990
  • Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    catfishbluezz:
    Just use the shop as your new addy, since you obviously live there now lol
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    originally lit up a CAO Traviata and after an inch into it tossed it... it was incredibly bitter. oh well, haven't had much luck w/ CAOs anyways. now I'm having a liga 9 toro b/c I for sure like this cigar.
  • Options
    Titan De Bronze Redemption Maduro,,,,Thanks BigT very nice!!!!
  • Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    JdN dark corojo tonight.