Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    jliu:
    having a skull and bones from 415 kevin. just lit this sucker up and it's making my tongue numb for some reason haha
    I heard that happens when you draw from the lit end.
    did i say tongue? i meant bunhole
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    jliu:
    having a skull and bones from 415 kevin. just lit this sucker up and it's making my tongue numb for some reason haha
    Damn...made ya crap that fast huh?
    catfishbluezz:
    jliu:
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    jliu:
    hahah. si. speaking of this cigar. horrendous tunneling issues. i think for every other viaje I smoke, I get ridiculous burn issues. annoying
    jliu:
    catfishbluezz:
    jliu:
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    jliu:
    hahah. si. speaking of this cigar. horrendous tunneling issues. i think for every other viaje I smoke, I get ridiculous burn issues. annoying
    The super shot is amazing, otherwise viaje is over priced average crap IMO
    catfishbluezz:
    jliu:
    catfishbluezz:
    jliu:
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    jliu:
    i'm starting to see that. that's unfortunate... I have a super shot 12g from robbyras that I'll light up soon. doesn't really matter to me though. even if I like it, I need to find the darn things.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robertgreen30:
    Gray4lines:
    image. viaje TnT! My b&m had a "bag deal" on these so I grabbed one. Kinda cool smoke, its enjoyable so far.
    Hey Gray that's not gonna blow up like a fire cracker in your mouth, and LMFAO the girl was being pushed under by her brother too funny
    Lol! I lit the fuse and backed away! It was actually the slowest burning smoke I've ever had.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    Vision:
    Gray4lines:
    robertgreen30:
    . LOL! Is that girl in the background marveling at your cigar or taking a breath?

Shes drowning but Rob doesnt want his cigar to get wet.
    Ah, a time where man is faced with a dilemma of the value of human life, versus a quality smoke. I think we can all agree that the choice here is very obvious. So how was the smoke? :)
    The stick smoked and tasted great but needed some aging on it. It was like smoking a sponge, maybe I should've use it as a lifesaver and save the drowning girl in the picture. I got it at the B&M down the street from where I staying in North Conway. Think I might get another to bring home and age. Overall I liked the taste and will try again
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Gurkha Turk with a few years age.
    jliu:
    catfishbluezz:
    jliu:
    catfishbluezz:
    jliu:
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    jliu:
    i'm starting to see that. that's unfortunate... I have a super shot 12g from robbyras that I'll light up soon. doesn't really matter to me though. even if I like it, I need to find the darn things.
    They are crazy HTF.... I gave all but two of mine away they were so good...now I have one left and wish I had more...
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Gonna light up a RP Edge Sumatra Toro that I cracked the wrapper on. i really need to put these guys in cello.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    someone will know what this is before i open it @ 7pm? cant remember who i got it from put in my humi on 6-3-2011 image
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Illusions mj12
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    MVW67:
    Illusions mj12
    I love those. Solid 2.5-3 hours of deliciousness.
    image a kinky Friedman... so there's a little spice and not much else.
    yup, mj 12, so far its very tasty! image
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AB Tempus that Mr. MVW67 sent me a little while back.
    Mike, thanks for hooking me up and giving me the opportunity to smoke this cigar.

It was good - but I think the Black Market is still my fav AB stick. The flavor profile of the Tempus was completely different from the BM and I think the Tempus just didn't have the flavors I was looking for tonight. I got another Tempus in the humi (I think) and will be giving this cigar another shot somewhere down the road.
    Don't get me wrong though, the Tempus is a very solid cigar, great construction & burn, and flavorful throughout. If y'all haven't smoked one of these yet, try it - it's worth a shot.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Gray4lines:
    Gray, which Kinky is that?

• IONTCIONTC Posts: 172
    JDN and bubble tea. Mmm

jgibv:
    Gray4lines:
    The "Texas Jewboy!" I'm really not impressed, the wrapper was super spicy prelight , but its pretty much a bland flavorless smoke... I've had it resting a while and its just disappointing. Not much smoke, no good flavors. Just tastes watered down. Sad. Have you had any of these?
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Tat cojonu 03 followed by a illusione mj12.. its been a tasteful day!
  • The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    jgibv:
    Gray4lines:
    The "Texas Jewboy!" I'm really not impressed, the wrapper was super spicy prelight , but its pretty much a bland flavorless smoke... I've had it resting a while and its just disappointing. Not much smoke, no good flavors. Just tastes watered down. Sad. Have you had any of these?
    Haven't had the Texas Jewboy but I picked up a box of the Lone Star No. 4s last fall and have gone through quite a few of them. They've all been consitent but nothing over the top that "blew me away." IMHO they're a good budget stick/yard 'gar. At $2-3 a piece they're good for the price and I'd put them in line with the La Perla Habana Classic.

But next time I'm looking for a "budget cigar" I'll probably try something Gran Habano or look for other cigars in that price range. They're not bad, but I don't know if I'd buy another box of them since there's so many other "budget sticks" out there.

Have you tried any of his other cigars? If not, PM me your addy and I'll send you a few Lone Stars and you can tell me what you think.

jgibv:
    Gray4lines:
    jgibv:
    Gray4lines:
    Haven't had the Texas Jewboy but I picked up a box of the Lone Star No. 4s last fall and have gone through quite a few of them. They've all been consitent but nothing over the top that "blew me away." IMHO they're a good budget stick/yard 'gar. At $2-3 a piece they're good for the price and I'd put them in line with the La Perla Habana Classic.

But next time I'm looking for a "budget cigar" I'll probably try something Gran Habano or look for other cigars in that price range. They're not bad, but I don't know if I'd buy another box of them since there's so many other "budget sticks" out there.

Have you tried any of his other cigars? If not, PM me your addy and I'll send you a few Lone Stars and you can tell me what you think.
    pm! That'd be great
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Just finished up a Gurkha Legend Vintage 2001. Review will be posted shortly.
    j0z3r:
    MVW67:
    Illusions mj12
    I love those. Solid 2.5-3 hours of deliciousness.
    yup, still going,lol
  • WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭

Our First herf together! (Marine, Tj and I) Good times!
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    WhoDeyGal:

Our First herf together! (Marine, Tj and I) Good times!
    Hahaha thats bad a$$
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Curivari Reserva Limitada Cafe Robusto.....shu thats a long name
  • VisionVision Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    El Tiante Series 23. Thanks Shizzzzz!