Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    Had a little herf with two of my partners that are in for a couple of days. I had a Hemingway, and gave them an AKA Respect and an American Eagle. Had a nice fire going shooting the breeze while we smoked and they sipped some scotch (I was/am still on duty so I could not partake). All-in-all it was a nice start to my night. Wish I could have taken pics, stupid opsec.
    But really..how was the scotch that you did not drink? Just kidding, I get the being on duty part..sucks though. I spent six months with the French and had no wine, because I support General Order Number 1! It's always good when you can take a rest down range..stay safe brother.
  • Options
    WaterDemon:
    Rain:
    WaterDemon:
    image Awesome Smoke.
    How is it?
    Pretty damn good. I had it sitting in my humidor for about a week. I bought a 5 pack, normally I don't do this but it had good reviews so i figured why not? I wasn't disapointed, had great draw, burn was excellent, didn't break apart or blow up on me. Can't wait to have these sit to see if they improve.
    I've only got one, so I'm letting it rest
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    marineatbn03:
    Had a little herf with two of my partners that are in for a couple of days. I had a Hemingway, and gave them an AKA Respect and an American Eagle. Had a nice fire going shooting the breeze while we smoked and they sipped some scotch (I was/am still on duty so I could not partake). All-in-all it was a nice start to my night. Wish I could have taken pics, stupid opsec.
    But really..how was the scotch that you did not drink? Just kidding, I get the being on duty part..sucks though. I spent six months with the French and had no wine, because I support General Order Number 1! It's always good when you can take a rest down range..stay safe brother.
    Fortunately I do not fall uner GO 1, but I can't be the D bag that is drinking while working, that just ruins it for everyone. I was good with the company and sticks.
  • Options
    marineatbn03:
    Rain:
    marineatbn03:
    Fortunately I do not fall uner GO 1, but I can't be the D bag that is drinking while working, that just ruins it for everyone. I was good with the company and sticks.
    I agree, and it's big of you to recognize your right and left limits. I'm all for work hard, play hard..but there is a line.
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Padron 64.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    image Eh, not bad. It seemed a bit too mild for my tastes. I did have a strong urge to make some coffee with this smoke though. I had no coffee! :[
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    camacho corojo maduro churchill, nice smoke image
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a Liga #9.. No burn/construction issues at all!! Very nice
  • Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    la aurora 107 robusto
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Oktoberfest with Oktoberfest and a Cohiba Behike 52
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    NeleneaNelenea Posts: 90
    AF Opus X Petit Lancero.

Got halfway thru it and had to put it out... not due to the cigar but other circumstances...
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    tried a DE Java Mint, interesting to say the least but it had some amazing smoke production!
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    musicman3:
    what did you think? I was very impressed
  • Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    Enjoying the quiet night and smoking a san lotano oval.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Wow, this thing was absolutely amazing! The pepper and spice blew me away. Gonna try to pick up a couple more but then this may be my next box purchase!

• Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Went and golfed today, started with this Gurkha, meh.

THen had a G2 Turbo. Very tasty, was impressed.

• Options
    coronado by la flor
  • Options
    RP Royal Vintage
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Oliva V Melanio. Yummy
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Don Pepin Garcia Original in Toro
  • Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    catfishbluezz:
    musicman3:
    what did you think? I was very impressed
    I too was impressed with this stick. I didn't really think too much of the first 1/3 but after that it was a great smoke. Tonight I'm smoking a Torano Loyal.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    coronado by la flor
    Mmmm...one of my favs! I really need to stock up on those.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    jj20030:
    coronado by la flor
    Mmmm...one of my favs! I really need to stock up on those.
    didnt think much on my 1st rott, but this in the humi about a year or more is very nice, sharp burn, tasty
  • Options
    Upmann no 2 2008. I've had the pleasure of smoking this cigar from 04, 06, 08, 10, and 11. It really makes me appreciate the need for age and the dramatic changes that take place after 5-7 years. I know as I buy boxes to age, that even if I quit smoking cigars regularly, it won't matter as ISOM just get better and better... image
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    catfishbluezz:
    Upmann no 2 2008. I've had the pleasure of smoking this cigar from 04, 06, 08, 10, and 11. It really makes me appreciate the need for age and the dramatic changes that take place after 5-7 years. I know as I buy boxes to age, that even if I quit smoking cigars regularly, it won't matter as ISOM just get better and better... image
    You make me want to quit buing NC and focus on CC for a while, lol I don't think I can do that until I try a few CC, i think I'm gonna get a few samplers
  • Options
    big chunks:
    catfishbluezz:
    You make me want to quit buing NC and focus on CC for a while, lol I don't think I can do that until I try a few CC, i think I'm gonna get a few samplers
    totally worth it bro.... I have t had a paycheck for 6 months so I have t bought anything for months. I actually just sold stuff to buy more... But when I start buying again, I buy 5 packs of the nc/DC stuff and boxes of cc. In a month or so if you're still looking, let me know. I'll b back on the buying train in mid dec.
  • Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    JdN antano dark corojo tonight.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    big chunks:
    catfishbluezz:
    totally worth it bro.... I have t had a paycheck for 6 months so I have t bought anything for months. I actually just sold stuff to buy more... But when I start buying again, I buy 5 packs of the nc/DC stuff and boxes of cc. In a month or so if you're still looking, let me know. I'll b back on the buying train in mid dec.
    I am going to be making some cc purchases around Christmas as well so if I can help, let me know!