Comments

• big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Illusione Maduro 88
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Nothing :(
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Custom BTL fresh from some dude my ship owner knows. Pretty damn good image
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    To me it is not the matter of mild, medium or full. I like them all but it has to be flavorful, balanced strength with complex flavors and aroma and long finish. A full bodied, bold cigar can undermine these factors with power. When we smoke a powerful, harsh cigar, it is difficult to enjoy and identify those elements in a cigar. At the same time a bold cigar can also consist all those elements but few cigars can do it such as Padron 1926 80th, Viaje Oro Reserva # 5, Zino Davidoff Crown Series Emperor Edition, some LFD, Cuban Boliver Royal Coronas etc. My personal preference is medium body with all the above elements but enjoy mild, medium and full bodied cigar as long as the cigar is not overpowering and harsh. There are significant differences between a bold and overpowering cigar. A good example of overly powered cigar is Warlock.
    catfishbluezz:
    It's Friday...why not. Davidoff No 2 from FTG. I could see why full bodied smokers don't like Davidoff at times. This is very mild and I love it!
    rzaman:
    To me it is not the matter of mild, medium or full. I like them all but it has to be flavorful, balanced strength with complex flavors and aroma and long finish. A full bodied, bold cigar can undermine these factors with power. When we smoke a powerful, harsh cigar, it is difficult to enjoy and identify those elements in a cigar. At the same time a bold cigar can also consist all those elements but few cigars can do it such as Padron 1926 80th, Viaje Oro Reserva # 5, Zino Davidoff Crown Series Emperor Edition, some LFD, Cuban Boliver Royal Coronas etc. My personal preference is medium body with all the above elements but enjoy mild, medium and full bodied cigar as long as the cigar is not overpowering and harsh.
    catfishbluezz:
    It's Friday...why not. Davidoff No 2 from FTG. I could see why full bodied smokers don't like Davidoff at times. This is very mild and I love it!
    ]
    I agree, but am not a full fan anymore. This was very mild IMO and my only complaint was it lasted less then an hour.
  • pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    had a PDR Seleccion ’10 earlier. Finished a Oliva V
    if you say it was short lasted, that means you really enjoyed the smoke. Davidoff no.2 has that beautiful balance with musty earthy, aromatic nutmeg, cinammon, nutty finish, silky smooth smoke. This is where Davidoff declares its supirior quality.
    catfishbluezz:
    rzaman:
    To me it is not the matter of mild, medium or full. I like them all but it has to be flavorful, balanced strength with complex flavors and aroma and long finish. A full bodied, bold cigar can undermine these factors with power. When we smoke a powerful, harsh cigar, it is difficult to enjoy and identify those elements in a cigar. At the same time a bold cigar can also consist all those elements but few cigars can do it such as Padron 1926 80th, Viaje Oro Reserva # 5, Zino Davidoff Crown Series Emperor Edition, some LFD, Cuban Boliver Royal Coronas etc. My personal preference is medium body with all the above elements but enjoy mild, medium and full bodied cigar as long as the cigar is not overpowering and harsh.
    catfishbluezz:
    ]
    I agree, but am not a full fan anymore. This was very mild IMO and my only complaint was it lasted less then an hour.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:

I just picked up a pair of No. 3's that will have 4 yrs on them when I light them with my son on his 18th birthday. Can't wait!!
    @Rip...absolutely correct...love it. @Dan...are you sharing with your boy? Round three for tonight-09 upmann no 2. Awesome vanilla note coming through, this is one of the damaged ones I had to cut it deep. image
    catfishbluezz:
    @Rip...absolutely correct...love it. @Dan...are you sharing with your boy? Round three for tonight-09 upmann no 2. Awesome vanilla note coming through, this is one of the damaged ones I had to cut it deep. image

Joey just turned 14 and told me he wanted to smoke a cigar with me on his 18th birthday, so I picked up the No. 3's. I figured I'd start him out right, but I'm afraid he may get a little spoiled from this one...
    Bud, I told ya. just checked my tasting note. Are you getting the mature and rich aromatic fruity flavors with light and delicate spiciness at the back? It has a nice sweet woody, coffee note. It is smooth and never harsh. it is not as complex as Monti 2, Partagas P 2 or Robina's Unicos but great value smoke very responsibly priced. Some people like it as much as Monti 2 also. Great smoke!!!
    catfishbluezz:
    I like it better then the monte's I've had honestly, same with the diplo. Spice and fruit are totally there. I love these when they get 6 or more years man, got half a box from 08 as a box from 09 for aging. Still haven't had the PSP2 though, it's on the list with the La Punta
    That's awesome Dan, cherish that moment. You have to start him out right too, we don't need anymore acid smokers out there lol
    catfishbluezz:
    That's awesome Dan, cherish that moment. You have to start him out right too, we don't need anymore acid smokers out there lol

It's gonna be an incredible experience, Dustin. So, you're saying I should toss the Isla del Sol's and the Opulence 3 hanging out in my Tupperdor?
    Toombes:
    catfishbluezz:

It's gonna be an incredible experience, Dustin. So, you're saying I should toss the Isla del Sol's and the Opulence 3 hanging out in my Tupperdor?
    nah...just reband them and give one to Brian for not hanging out here anymore lol. Actually...haven't had either
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    had a Tatuaje 7th Reserva and my last San Cristobal DLH with Eddie Ortega
    Hayblet:
    had a Tatuaje 7th Reserva and my last San Cristobal DLH with Eddie Ortega
    thats awesome! He seemed like a cool cat on cigar chat.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casa Magna Limitada... Very good!! Maybe box worthy I'd say..anyone else try them?
    Bigshizza:
    Casa Magna Limitada... Very good!! Maybe box worthy I'd say..anyone else try them?
    domus Magnus? Is that what you smoked? If so...def box worthy. They say limitada on the band on the foot.
    Yes that would be the one. Yum
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Started out with an LFD Ligero, then followed with a Jaime Garcia REserve Especial and finished off with a Camacho Triple Maduro. Great night.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    NP Xen
    catfishbluezz:
    Toombes:
    catfishbluezz:

nah...just reband them and give one to Brian for not hanging out here anymore lol. Actually...haven't had either

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!! I may have to sneak one in on him!
    Haven't had either of them, hunh...? Hehehehehehehe!
    The Kid:
    NP Xen

How was it, Rudy? I've had the Thunder by Nimish and was wondering how they compare.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    The Kid:
    NP Xen

How was it, Rudy? I've had the Thunder by Nimish and was wondering how they compare.
    I've only smoked one thunder and thought it was a good smoke. I enjoy the connies and this is up there with Oliva connecticut reserve, and the Perdomo Champagne.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    ShotgunJohn:
    Started out with an LFD Ligero, then followed with a Jaime Garcia REserve Especial and finished off with a Camacho Triple Maduro. Great night.
    Hey Shotgun... Do you always do three-fers. I noticed that seems to be a trend with your cigars. I never seem to have the time.
    kaspera79:
    ShotgunJohn:
    Hey Shotgun... Do you always do three-fers. I noticed that seems to be a trend with your cigars. I never seem to have the time.
    John, your pics are sooo sexy!! When's the next Herf?
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Enjoying a CAO Brazillia and a woodchuck amber to wash it down. image
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Got this in a bomb from Dustin, and he made me smoke it!! LOL
    imageperfect cigar at the perfect time, got it a day before my bday! The only negative thing I could possibly say about this cigar....I can't afford to smoke em all day everyday! Thank you Dustin you are truly a stand up BORK!!
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    curvee 151 toro gorda from rcy, so far its great