Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Had anothe El Truinfador tonight. Pete Johnson's ghost cigar. Pretty tasty smoke.
  • EddEdd Posts: 1

I'm smoking a El Baton , a great cigar.

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Had to take a trip to the Airport today, and Smoked a Fuentes Cuban Corona on the way home.. It has become my favorite from the original line. Cocoa and nutty with a slightly sweet wrapper taste. that keeps you interested throughtout. But on the way in, I had one of my first loves. The Montesino Robusto.. One of Fuentes first offerings, and a constant favorite for me. This cigars is as pleasing today as it was when I had the very first a long time ago..
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Hey Kas never had the Montesino,never really paid any attention to them, are they full,med or mild and taste close to what?
    gmill880:
    Hey Kas never had the Montesino,never really paid any attention to them, are they full,med or mild and taste close to what?
    With the Montesino the Natural tends to run on the medium to mild side, it has the Fuentes perfect construction and great flavor profile. The taste would be similar to maybe a Cusano 18, or the M1, Kind of somewhere between a 5 Vegas classic and the 5 Vegas Gold. It is unique in it's taste but one that I find pleasing. I know what you mean about not paying attention to them, because if you didn't know Fuentes made them you might think they were a Fuentes knock off.

kaspera79:
    gmill880:
    With the Montesino the Natural tends to run on the medium to mild side, it has the Fuentes perfect construction and great flavor profile. The taste would be similar to maybe a Cusano 18, or the M1, Kind of somewhere between a 5 Vegas classic and the 5 Vegas Gold. It is unique in it's taste but one that I find pleasing. I know what you mean about not paying attention to them, because if you didn't know Fuentes made them you might think they were a Fuentes knock off.

actually thats exactly what i thought -did not know Fuentes made 'em .....since i like both the cusano 18 and m1 should be a good try-thanks

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Smoked a Titan yesterday and a Titan II today. Started a Sol Cubano Artisan last night after the wedding but it was so cold out everyone went in. I got about an inch done. I popped it back in my travel humidor once it went out. To big to put in the glass tube I got. Hope it will be OK for now. Would hate to have to throw it out.
  • leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Smoked a 5 Vegas gold nugget while mowing the lawn this morning. Just finished a Java robusto latte.
    leonard:
    Smoked a 5 Vegas gold nugget while mowing the lawn this morning. Just finished a Java robusto latte.
    I had a freaking pipe burst because it froze last night and you're out mowing your lawn and smoking a cigar. @sshole.
    leonard:
    Mowing the lawn ? You **** ! It's Zero degrees, with 15" of snow on the ground here and you are mowing the lawn, and smoking a Gold Nugget. I hate you ! J/F/K. Good for you.
  • leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Dont hate
    leonard:
    Dont hate
    Not hating, just jealous. I won't see my grass for a long time.
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I just had a Oliva G belicoso while I shoveled the drive...

Mind if I swing by Leonard?
    Not as cold tonite but still not lit up anything yet.....grass mowing.i vaguely remember that
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    leonard:
    Dont hate
    You should come on out to visit us here in Calforniai Kas...the grass is green and the ground isn't white, you'd love it. :)

Today I started off with a Padilla habano torpedo, a good medium bodied smoke. A bit later I tried a 5 Vegas Miami torpedo, well actually two, the first one split and unraveled at the cut, the second one didn't want to draw right and started to taste funny...I haven't had the best luck with this 5 Vegas. A little while later I tried a Gurkha Royal Brigade, it was ok but nothing to write home about.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    The last couple of days out here on the ship have been a real ****! I finally got a chance last night to smoke a 5 Vegas "A". After not smoking and working my ass off for a week, it more than hit the spot! Today flight ops start up later in the day so i'm thinking either RP 90 or Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet.
    kaspera79:
    leonard:
    Dont hate
    Oh, I'm hating. Leonard, I **** hate you.

LMAO
    nothing yet - snowing , 3 inches or more on the ground -mid to high 20's- may fire up an h uppman anyway
  • cubbychubbycubbychubby Posts: 29
    In Dallas, the temps around 50 or so... nice smoking weather. Just not for me...still in recuperation from a number of mouth and eye surgeries...really bites !
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Oh damn Cub, sorry you're healing up and not in good smoking condition. So do you live in Dallas or just visiting? I agree tho, great smoking weather here in the big D. Last night I enjoyed a Graycliff 1666 VERY much!!! Awesome smoke with a perfect draw! Had consistently good flavor all the way through but not much complexity. Next I had my first 5 Vegas Serie A and wow! Another great smoke! The only problem on this one was a tight draw but the burn was perfect. It had hints of something that reminded of another cigar I've had but couldn't put my finger on what the flavor was, or what other smoke I've tasted it in... But great stick! Glad I have a few of them on hand now!
    I went up to the B&M for a smoke today. Had a Illusione MK and a bowl of Rasputin(burley with a hint of raspberry).
    Smoked a H Uppman Vintage Cameroon this evening as i watched the snow settle in....really like this smoke....had to touch up once but overall that may have been due to the cold or my lighting. Have to pick up some more of these as that was my last one. Love the flavor.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I had a disappointing Nub cameroon this afternoon, it didn't seem to have much flavor at all. To make the day right, I had a Perdomo ESV '91 second, always a nice smoke and this one was tastier than usual. Love that cigar.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Headed out to the smoke deck tonight for a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet. It was a really tasty smoke but i think it would have been better if it had a little more punch. Still good enough for me to order some soon!
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Still nothing for me, but soon! I'm down to the hardcore, dead-ender germs in my War on the Common Cold.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    two cigar day for me. I had a Gurkha Regent Robusto tonight after dinner. I didn't like it as much as I enjoyed the Regent Toro that Kuzi sent me, but was tasty. Could've used another month in the humi I think. After a funky evening with some friends, a couple of us had a couple Oliva O Robusto naturals that had prolly 6-7 months on them. These babies never disappoint for a smoke under 5 bucks. Even with a few cracks, I think due to cold weather, these burned impeccably and I enjoyed mine until i got burned trying to enjoy it too much.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I'm smoking that Sol Cubano Artisan that I started on Saturday. Doesn't seem dry or harsh. I think because my one travel humi is in the car, the moisture was frozen in the cigar.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    damnit... i wanna have a cigar. my schedual has been far to hectic for a good long sit down.
  • cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    I'm having a C.Com Brazilian Label Corona that has been in my humidor since 9/8/08.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    cheyman:
    I'm having a C.Com Brazilian Label Corona that has been in my humidor since 9/8/08.
    I'm a fan.