Home General Discussion
Options

What's the oldest cigar in your humi??

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
What's the longest sitting cigar you have in your humi? I think the oldest ones I have is almost about year and a half. Not including the aging before it was boxed.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    I have cigars from when I first set up my main humi, March of '07. So just over three years
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have a few that hit my humi in 06. but i also have a few cigars that have not been in production since the 90s. i think i may have a few sancho panzas from 04 that were gifted to be by an old time BOTL from the old cigar.com forum (AmBack now eotac)
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555

Lets see i got engaged in '03 and on that trip my wife bought me some locally rolled PE's a travel humi, cutter and lighter as a gift. I still have 2 of those aging in my humi.

I may dust one off this weekend. They are definately rolled in a conny type wrapper.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I got mu humi in september of 2006 and bought a few different samplers ... so there are still a few i have in there kickin around ....
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I have some Partagas 150 that were boxed in 1994 but I bought them in either 07 or 08. But I think the ones that have been in the huni the longest are some OpusX from 2005 or 2006. I also have a Monti maduro something... that has been around since 2006 and a Partagas 160 from around the same time. I think that is it.
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    That would have been the Gurkha C-10 I just smoked on Sunday, which had a year on it.

...of course that year was spent in Alex W.'s humi, not mine. Now that it's gone I don't have anything in there with more than a few months age on it. Well, unless some of the other sticks Alex sent over are older too lol.

• Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    not old enough. I'm new to the game, but started aging immediately. So I have some in there that are close to 10 months, but thats it. I'm not super keen on aging though for now. I am too anxious to try new things. So maybe in a few years, I'll start aging some Padrons and Fuentes and all that jazz
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    My Father In-Law has some from 1996 that I keep for him.
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    ive got an ISOM Cohiba sitting from 2005 in there somewhere.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I had some isom Monte #2"s with 3 years, I smoked two of the last three I had and gave the third away.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    My first humi was back in September and I think I have a couple of Graycliff 1666s from that time, so they are at most 7 months? I think I'm at the point of buying an aging humi and start squirreling some sticks away.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Just over a year, but now that I've got an ager...
  • Options
    Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    AF hemmingways, a graycliff (red), ISO Monties, Gurka Lengends, Opus, and a bunch of others from 04,,,,,so thats 6 years on em. I recently tried one of the hemi signatures from that box and it was great.
  • Options
    pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    Haha Ive got a CAO Traviata thats got about 4 months on it. I just got my humi like 4 months ago though so i have an excuse!

• Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    If we are only counting since it has been in my humidor I dont really have anything with much age on them at all. I think the oldest would be 2 Red Dot Cohibas that have about 10 months on them but if we count the B&M's humi as well I just picked up 2 Opus X's from a box that they got when they opened in 08. Wow I just realized that most of my cigars are in 2's. I guess I just dont want them to get lonely.
  • Options
    KCW:
    My Father In-Law has some from 1996 that I keep for him.
    Now that's some good aging. What kind are they?

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Oldest I have that I'll actually smoke are from 2003. I do have a few from 2001, but they're only there because I've been too lazy to toss'em.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My oldest is just over a year. I now have an "aging" humidor in which I keep half my orders. Hopefully, if I can keep my mitts off them, I'll have some for several years.
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    doromath:
    That would have been the Gurkha C-10 I just smoked on Sunday, which had a year on it.

...of course that year was spent in Alex W.'s humi, not mine. Now that it's gone I don't have anything in there with more than a few months age on it. Well, unless some of the other sticks Alex sent over are older too lol.

Hey bro, I hate to ask this but what else did I send you?? That way I can tell you how long it has been in the good ol humi! The oldest sticks I have are three Gurkha Turks at one year!
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I have a few sticks with about three years on them that were gifted to me. I didn't start storing my own till about six months ago. I have an Aurora Camaroon, a CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro and a Cusano 10th Anniversary.

The oldest one I've personally stored is a Gurkha Titan II with six months on it.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    chuck86chuck86 Posts: 18
    The oldest cigar I have in my humi is a Gurkha Worlord. It was one of my first major cigar purchases.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I have a Romeo y Julieta 1875 my Brother-in-Law gave me when my daughter was born in 1992. Now that cigar has some age on it. I can't smoke it now because of the history involved. My thought would be to smoke it at her wedding. It looks good in the Yellow Cello.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    I have a Romeo y Julieta 1875 my Brother-in-Law gave me when my daughter was born in 1992. Now that cigar has some age on it. I can't smoke it now because of the history involved. My thought would be to smoke it at her wedding. It looks good in the Yellow Cello.
    That's some serious age, wonder how it's gonna taste when you do finally smoke it.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Vince_OVince_O Posts: 281 ✭✭
    I have a few left from my wedding, Aug 15, 1970 , older than a lot of you guys reading this... I am saving one each for the grandsons HS graduation & one for the 50th wedding anniv. IF we dont kill each other first hahahahaha Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    kaspera79:
    That's some serious age, wonder how it's gonna taste when you do finally smoke it.
    I think at this point it will be kind of washed out, they are mild to start and age will not add much to it. I may be wrong, but I shall let you all know when the day comes.
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Vince O:
    I have a few left from my wedding, Aug 15, 1970 , older than a lot of you guys reading this... I am saving one each for the grandsons HS graduation & one for the 50th wedding anniv. IF we dont kill each other first hahahahaha Enjoy, Vince
    HOLY ****. THATS AMAZING!!!! I wasnt even a twinkle in my parents eye! well.... i dont think i have ever been a twinkle in my parents eye ;)
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Alex Williams:
    doromath:

Hey bro, I hate to ask this but what else did I send you?? That way I can tell you how long it has been in the good ol humi! The oldest sticks I have are three Gurkha Turks at one year!

Perdomo ESV 1991
    Gurkha C-10
    Gurkha Turk
    Sol Cubano Maduro
    DPG: CC
    RP Connecticut

So it looks like the oldest in my humi is now most likely one of your Turks :p

• Options
    poypoykingpoypoyking Posts: 55
    I have about a dozen Partagas Black Robustos that are a year old, along with a La Gloria Cubana and a Romeo y Julieta. 
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Smoke=Fire:
    I have cigars from when I first set up my main humi, March of '07. So just over three years
    I take that back. In that first order arrived a 5 Vegas Limitada 2006 which still sits on my top shelf (note to self, put that in your chickens**t list). So that probably has 4 years after rolling.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    2 Gurkha Park Avenue from April 2009, and then 5 Relics from May 2009 (courtesy of Alien)