Home General Discussion
Options

What's the oldest cigar in your humi??

Comments

• Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    I have a full box of JR Ultimate Maduros from 2007, 15 or so Cuban H.R. Magnum 50's from 08 and a dozen or so R y J Cubans from 08.
    BUT,
    The oldest cigars in the humi are :
    • A full box of Cuban Cohiba Seleccion Reserva (humidor of 30) from late 2002
    • AND
    • a box of San Cristobal de la Habana "El Morro" from May 2001.
      • The Cohiba cigars are overdue to be smoked, so I'm going to get a start on them as soon as this snow melts (yes, I said snow! Winter storm in effect, dang it!).
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    camgfs:
    I have a full box of JR Ultimate Maduros from 2007, 15 or so Cuban H.R. Magnum 50's from 08 and a dozen or so R y J Cubans from 08.
    BUT,
    • AND
    • a box of San Cristobal de la Habana "El Morro" from May 2001.
      • The Cohiba cigars are overdue to be smoked, so I'm going to get a start on them as soon as this snow melts (yes, I said snow! Winter storm in effect, dang it!).
    Weather's nice here in MA... send em my way, I'll do quality control for ya so you know if they're good or not when the weather gets better there...
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    camgfs:
    I.
    Just.
    Jizzed.
  • Options
    Alex Williams:
    camgfs:
    I.
    Just.
    Jizzed.
    LMFAO : ROFL

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Vince O:
    I have a few left from my wedding, Aug 15, 1970 , older than a lot of you guys reading this... I am saving one each for the grandsons HS graduation & one for the 50th wedding anniv. IF we dont kill each other first hahahahaha Enjoy, Vince
    Two Words = YOU WIN!
  • Options
    Alex Williams:
    camgfs:
    I.
    Just.
    Jizzed.
    They say a picture is worth a thoughsand Jizzes, so get out the mop!

• Options
    LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    very nice shot up above; do you live near me and leave your doors unlocked? I'm not a thief, but I suppose I could make an exception.
    Only kidding, it's safe to leave them unlocked

Mine's easy, 4 Graycliff 1666 Presidentes from a 5-pack Daily Deal from February of last year. I smoked one a month or so after I bought them, and then buried them. I'm not much of a digger so they've been laying low ever since.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    camgfs:
    Alex Williams:
    camgfs:
    I.
    Just.
    Jizzed.

Wow, that's impressive! I'm very jealous!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    TokinstogieTokinstogie Posts: 46 ✭✭
    My dad gave me my first humi when I tuned 18 (1971), it had a couple dozen sticks in it of unknown age at the time, there's still about a dozen left. My dad gave up cigars a long time ago but the sticks make a good excuse to kick him off the wagon for a day, he figures he bought them, might as well smoke um.
    I was going to say, maybe it's time I quit drinking and smoking, tear down all the Vargas girl posters and straighten out my life. But I won't.....
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    camgfs:
    Alex Williams:
    camgfs:
    I.
    Just.
    Jizzed.

Aw sheet. Got scum all over my computer... You have pm incoming.
  • Options
    I just gave in and smoked one of my Cohiba sticks from that box. Great smoke for the age. A slow burn with lots of spice and smoke to enjoy. Looking forward to the rest of them over the next year or 3.

• Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Tokinstogie:
    My dad gave me my first humi when I tuned 18 (1971), it had a couple dozen sticks in it of unknown age at the time, there's still about a dozen left. My dad gave up cigars a long time ago but the sticks make a good excuse to kick him off the wagon for a day, he figures he bought them, might as well smoke um.
    Tokin, that is very, very cool!
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    I have 5 Oliva Serie V Maduros from the original release that have been in there since May of last year, and an A. Fuente Hemmingway Classic that someone PIFed me around the same time. Looks pretty old, the cello is all yellowed, but not cracking yet.

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    bacon.jay:
    I have 5 Oliva Serie V Maduros from the original release that have been in there since May of last year, and an A. Fuente Hemmingway Classic that someone PIFed me around the same time. Looks pretty old, the cello is all yellowed, but not cracking yet.

wow...that Hemingway ought to be right at peak smoking right now.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Vince O:
    I have a few left from my wedding, Aug 15, 1970 , older than a lot of you guys reading this... I am saving one each for the grandsons HS graduation & one for the 50th wedding anniv. IF we dont kill each other first hahahahaha Enjoy, Vince

You are My Hero! Far OUT!
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    camgfs:
    Alex Williams:
    camgfs:
    I.
    Just.
    Jizzed.

Thats Just CRazy! !
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    The oldest cigar I have is half a box of Monte Cristo Les Cigares Des Artes that the lovely guys here on the thread acutally identified for me!

I believe that they are about 7 years old... discontinued I read..
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    The oldest cigar I have is half a box of Monte Cristo Les Cigares Des Artes that the lovely guys here on the thread acutally identified for me!

I believe that they are about 7 years old... discontinued I read..
    Sounds yummy! That name does ring a bell from more than ten years ago. I may have smoked one around that time. Hard to remember after so long.

I have 24 sticks out of a box of 25 San Cristobal de la Habana Cubans from May of 2001. They are older than those Cohiba's of mine but no one really pays attention because the name is not as well known.

• Options
    MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    I setup my first humi in 01/2002 and still have a variety of cigars kicking around from then to 07/2004. Some have improved with age (Padron Londres ... yummy) some have not!
  • Options
    bocardsbocards Posts: 32
    I have a few Gurka's from when I first got into the cigar of month club...almost two years :)
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    an El Legend Ario thats been sitting for about a year. one of the first cigars i bought still haven't had one. and don't see myself smoking it yet. perhaps sentimental attachment? i just don't want to see that one go.
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    bacon.jay:

wow...that Hemingway ought to be right at peak smoking right now.

I'll have to break it out on one of these nicer weekends coming up then! Sounds like a good idea to me anyways...

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    The longest sitting cigars I have has been in there since I got my humidor in Feb which is most of the ones in there too so not long...lol
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    camgfs:
    Alex Williams:
    camgfs:
    I.
    Just.
    Jizzed.

GIGGITY!!!!!!
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    The longest surviving stick I've got so far is an Oliva Serie V that I've had for just over a year now. I get the feeling that it's days are numbered, though.
  • Options
    OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have three original Onyx from 90’s and I think some AF Curly heads from before that???

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭✭✭

The oldest stick I can think of is a 5 Vegas Solomon from the freedom sampler that the sister site offered after September 11th. I have one or two left.

• Options
    OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:
    I have three original Onyx from 90’s and I think some AF Curly heads from before that???

I got spammed???!!

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have an opus x from 2017.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oldest I have are about three years, a few Ave Marias.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.