Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Trail Riding/Mountain Biking

13»

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Falling over in slow motion like that is a terrible feeling, isn't it? You know it's happening, but there's not a dang thing you can do about it!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    txjayhawk:
    urbino:
    letsgowithbob:
    urbino:
    j0z3r:
    I found my bike...well, one very much like it, I wanted the Fisher X-Cal and all I could find was the Paragon, which is the next model up. It was a bit more than I wanted to spend, but it was either that or wait until October for more to be produced. The bike comes with clipless pedals so I just said the hell with it and got shoes to go along with it, and boy are they fun, I fell over three times today trying to get a feel for them...so I guess until I get used to them, I'll have to be content with the fact that I fall good Big Smile [:D].
    Cool! Good for you, man. Hope you have a blast on it. And, yeah, clipless pedals do provide a lot of falling down practice for a while. I rolled up to a traffic light one time and went to clip out. One of the screws holding my cleat in had come loose, though, so when I twisted my foot, the cleat just twisted. Fell right the hell over.
    +about 20
    Heh. Me, too. That was just the only one that was in public. I practiced around the apartment complex for a while before I hit the streets.
    Weeeeelll... on the tail end of a 10 mile ride yesterday, it happend. I busted my a$$ at a dang stop light. Wow, I couldnt have felt more like a ra-tard. wrist is killn me now but my pride hurts more...haha oh well!
    You know the nice thing about slow motion falls?, they don't really hurt. I wiped out on a downhill today when I hit a rock and scraped the hell out of my leg...one of those scrapes that just burns and stings and is in just the right spot where all the little branches whack it while riding. :)
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    That's true. No road rash when you're not moving. Or rock rash. One thing you do have to watch out for when you fall over because you couldn't clip out, though, is the chain ring. I've got a permanent dashed line down the back of my right calf where the teeth whacked me, once.

Chicks dig scars.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    urbino:
    That's true. No road rash when you're not moving. Or rock rash. One thing you do have to watch out for when you fall over because you couldn't clip out, though, is the chain ring. I've got a permanent dashed line down the back of my right calf where the teeth whacked me, once.

Chicks dig CIGARS.
    Fixed it!