Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Good Traders and Stand up Folks.

Comments

• Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Thanks EJS54 (Eric). Received your half of the trade last week. Great packaging and everything arrived in great condition. Eric is a good trader and stand up guy.
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    bbc020:
    Big Andy came through big on a PIF package that arrived yesterday(sat). I just got back in town and opened it and found 5 great sticks, and a few I have yet to try. I look forward to trying them out. Thanks again Andy!
    Enjoy Bro.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Got a triff trade package from Laker, Saturday. Good on ya, Doogie. (The response went in the mail today.)
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Everyone here knows that Duty is a stand up guy and great trader, but did you guys know that he is a psychic also?

I got my PIF from him today and it had 5 great sticks in it with only one that I've tried before. It had an onyx reserve (the only one that I've tasted), a 5 Vegas 'A', a Macanudo '68, a Gurkha Royal Brigade (something that I've been wanting to try for a while), and an unidentified barber pole torpedo that I'm really interested about. It looks great and smells good too.

Thanks Duty!
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    The barber pole torpedo is a locally-rolled "Holiday Torpedo" which was just released to the house blends at my local shop. I've not tried this one yet. The wrapper pairs Maduro and Corojo leaves, and apparently is quite spicy, and more full-bodied than the other house blends. Other customers who have had one already say that it is very similar to the Camacho Liberty. I've had all the other house blends (Connecticut, Criollo, and Ecuadorian Sumatra), and they are all among my absolute favorite cigars. I bought two of these torpedos, and can't wait for a nice day to fire it up. Glad you like the rest of the selection as well :)
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Now that the S.W.A.T. team left my house, let me tell you about the bomb I just got from j0z3r.. Joe sent me a package that included several stick I have been waiting to try, and some that I really love. In this bomb were, Cusano C10, Sinclair Bohemia Cuban Coroja, La Aurora Barrel Aged, Patel Nording, 5 Vegas Limitada 2008, Trilogy Ovation, an H. Upmann, and an Ashton VSG. I nominate Joe for trader of the year...Thanks Joe,

kas
  • Options
    Day-um. Those last 2 alone are enough to make an excellent bomb. I think you'll like the Uppman, kas. I've been very pleasantly surprised by them.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    The barber pole torpedo is a locally-rolled "Holiday Torpedo" which was just released to the house blends at my local shop. I've not tried this one yet. The wrapper pairs Maduro and Corojo leaves, and apparently is quite spicy, and more full-bodied than the other house blends. Other customers who have had one already say that it is very similar to the Camacho Liberty. I've had all the other house blends (Connecticut, Criollo, and Ecuadorian Sumatra), and they are all among my absolute favorite cigars. I bought two of these torpedos, and can't wait for a nice day to fire it up. Glad you like the rest of the selection as well :)
    That barber pole is that from the local B&M we've talked about? If so i really need to get my but down there that sounds like something I'd like to try.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    ebitler:
    dutyje:
    That barber pole is that from the local B&M we've talked about? If so i really need to get my but down there that sounds like something I'd like to try.
    That's the place, ebit... Outland Cigar & Gifts (or something like that). Just ask for the barber pole house blend, and they'll hook you up. Only had about 8-10 left when I was there, but I imagine they'll be getting some more. Same price as the other torpedos in the house blends. They just started a special on their house blends - Robustos 4 for $20, and Toros (they call them Siglo 6) at 3 for $20.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Today I received a most generous pif pack from rdnstn, I think I've only had one of the cigars included, so I've got some new sticks to try. Thanks again for an awesome pif Ron.

Joe
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Today I received a most generous pif pack from rdnstn, I think I've only had one of the cigars included, so I've got some new sticks to try. Thanks again for an awesome pif Ron.

Joe
    Dang, that was fast. Hope you like them. Enjoy!
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I just got back from the mail and WOW !!!!!!

I was involved in a trade with Urbi and just received his end of it in the mail.
    Now I have been BOMBED before but I believe that this would have to be considered getting NUKED !!!! (never thought that would be much fun before today ;)
    There are so many sticks in here and several that I haven't tried yet, wooohooo, Christmas came early to me this year !!

Everything arrived safely, and this is just a quick list of SOME of the high lights of this trade.
    Several Comacho 1962 (several vitola's)
    greycliff 1666 x 2
    5 Vegas Gold x2, plus a classic
    couple of Gurkha Regents
    Punch Gran Puro
    2 AVO Domaine
    Nestor Maduro x2
    and several other different sticks !!!!

This BOMB was so big it has me scrambling for space in my Humi's. It may well be time for me to get me-self a Coolerdor, he says.

URBI is absolutely a Good Trader and Stand Up Guy in my books, WOW. THANK YOU URBI !!!
  • Options
    People should be made aware, however, that Laker sent me quite a few *really* pricey stogies in his end of this trade. I was just trying to return a volume of lesser stogies -- since that what the Doog said he preferred -- that seemed about right.

Enjoy 'em, Doogie! I'll certainly enjoy the ones you sent me!
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    The mailman just handed me a PIF package from kaspera79 which contained a very nice selection of sticks, most of which were new to me. I was especially pleased to find an Aurora 1495 Cameroon 1994, which I've been wanting to try since all you guys have been praising them so highly. Thanks for a great PIF!
  • Options
    Got Zoom's package yesterday arrived well and a ton of sticks i've never had.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Got my half of a fun and games win (split with Phobic) from Scram over the weekend. I'm sure everyone knows Scram is a stand up guy around here.

Thanks Scrambler!
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Not a problem Rob. I was wondering if they had arrived yet.

I remembered reading somethread that you enjoyed the 1666, so I included one of those. The Nestor Reserve Maduro is one that is known as being similar to the 1666, so I tossed one in. The Man O' War was included so you could give it another try, since your first one seemed to be a bum stick (hopefully this one is better for you). I sent the Miami just because it's a good cigar. You and Phobic got the same selection, hope you guys enjoy.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Scram. I appreciate it, especially that you actually took the time to read previous posts and take those into consideration. The 1666 was a beautiful stick. As for the Man O' War, I probably wouldn't have gone out of my way to try another one, but I will definitely give this one a shot. Thanks again.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Scramz sent me a nice bundle, thank you sir, yours is on the way!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Got a package in the mail from bbc020. A great guy who sent great sticks and the box i had been dying to find. Look forward to trading with in the future, our tastes seem real similar. Thanks again bro!
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I got Jetmech_63's package today and he came through with a couple sticks I've been looking forward to try. Great communication throughout the whole trade and everything turned out well. He's definitely another stand up guy and a great BOTL. Thanks again Vinny
  • Options
    I got my end of a trade with RUSIRIUS today, and I too can confirm that Greg is a Stand up guy and very good trader. I got several sticks which I haven't tried but have wanted to (Black Puro and a couple of those Java's he talks about) There was a natural wrapper and also a Maduro wrapper of these sticks, looking forward to them for sure.

Thanks again Greg, you absolutely make the grade bud !
  • Options
    Scrambler:
    Not a problem Rob. I was wondering if they had arrived yet.

I remembered reading somethread that you enjoyed the 1666, so I included one of those. The Nestor Reserve Maduro is one that is known as being similar to the 1666, so I tossed one in. The Man O' War was included so you could give it another try, since your first one seemed to be a bum stick (hopefully this one is better for you). I sent the Miami just because it's a good cigar. You and Phobic got the same selection, hope you guys enjoy.
    I too am looking at the 1666 with anticipation as well as a couple others I've yet to try. Got your package sent out wed. before turkey day scrams- hope you haven't tried some of them.
  • Options
    Big shout out to Squirrel and Jozer. They both have sent some great smokes for the holiday troop donation. Thanks again guys.
  • Options
    Bad Andy:
    Big shout out to Squirrel and Jozer. They both have sent some great smokes for the holiday troop donation. Thanks again guys.

Glad to help, and that they arrived safely.
  • Options
    Bad Andy:

Andy, package on its' way. I was waiting for an order to arrive before I could send it out. Sorry for the delay.
  • Options
    no problem. I haven't set a dealine yet. I should have had you send me some of that crown royal...maybe next time.
  • Options
    Bussnutz mailed me out a bundle of cigars first, what a stand up guy! Arrived well packed and full of smokes in sealed tupidors. Sticks look great and aren't dry.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I've never really complimented a guy on his package before, but BBC is the real deal! Got my F&G winnings in the mail...some I've had and enjoyed, like the SC cub cab and camacho 62 and some I've really wanted to try like the padron 64 exclusivo. Thanks, pal. What goes around comes around.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Enjoy my friend and good luck to Pitt in the upcoming College Basketball season!