Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Good Traders and Stand up Folks.

Comments

• Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Jetmech bombed me with some booze and some cigars. He's good.
  • Options
    Andy, I'm sending out my troop smoke today.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Gotta hand it to Gmill, he came through with 4, count em....4, Sharks that arrived in fine fashion today. On something he could've prolly made some coin from, he got these to me very reasonably. I so appreciate the offer and the outcome here Gene, Thanks again!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    you'r welcome my friend -- enjoy
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    another kudos for bbc...he came through for the troop donations. thanks again bro.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    My nomination for trader of the year goes to Urbino.. I just opened a package with ten fine sticks.. Graycliff 1666, Avo Domaine, Gurkha Centurian, 2- Sancho Panza, 2- La Cuna 85, 2- La Cuna 1720, and a Padilla 2006 Special Edition Obsidian..He covered all bases. Sticks I love as well as others I wanted to try. Thanks to you Urbi you are a generous trader.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Urby's the MANNNNN! lol

Just got my end of a trade with j0z3r, Thanks for the trade and some extras...
  • Options
    Nod out to Gmill, thanks gene for the sharks, fantastic! ..And super fast, Lightning quick, makes the roadrunner look like a snail shipping!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    aawww shucks (blushes)
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Damn, that package got there fast! Happy to do it, kas, and hope you enjoy them. I knew you liked AVOs, and thought I remembered you saying you hadn't tried the Domaine, yet. If I remember right, btw, that Gurkha I sent is the Royal Brigade -- the Cameroon version of the Centurian.
  • Options
    Almost forgot...a big oohrah to Ron for his donation of sticks to the troops. Thanks again Ron.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Okay, I got this package from Maddy that was un-believable..Most of these I have yet to enjoy but all would be on anyones wish list. There was a Sol Cubano Sumatra, a CAO MX2 Robusto. an Indian Tabac Cameroon Legend, an Oliva Series G, a new Vigilante Sun Grown, a 5 Vegas Gold,.... one that I never heard of, but now read that it is quite a nice cigar, a Reserva Miraflor, a Tatuaje that Maddy will have to identify, and an Opus X.. I think it is a perfection 5. Please post the details on some of these so I can know the details. And Yes, he does number each of his cigars.. Thanks to you Maddy for this fantastic gift.. I will enjoy each and every one of these..

You have gone beyond generous..I appreciate it.
    kas.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I received a pack from phobicsquirrel today to complete a trade we worked out. Glen is good people in my book, went above and beyond what was agreed upon and maintained good communication the whole time.

Thanks again Glen, I'd trade with you again any time.

Joe
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    And two in a row for Phobicsquirrel, as his PiF arrived yesterday, picked up this morning...and had to explain to Homeland Security about the bomb sitting on my desk!

1 - Man o' War Churchill
    1 - Cusano Double Maduro Toro
    3 - Indian Tabac Limited Reserve Robustos
    1 - Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro Robusto Box Press
    1 - RyJ 1875 Reserva Real Robusto
    1 - Rocky Patel OSG Torpedo
    1 - Petrus Fortus Churchill

But wait, there's more!

In a separate baggie came...

1 - Tabak Especial Toro Negra Coffee infused
    1 - Kahlua by Drew Estates

AND...

A Gurkha Grand Reserve Churchill!

My fingers hurt just typing all that! Many thanks to the scared squirrel for the Christmas BOMB that he just sent!! Thank you, Glen :D

Oh...yes, I would recommend trading with him :P
  • Options
    Just got my PIF from Smoke=Fire. Fan-effing-tastic.
  • Options
    Smoke=Fire:
    And two in a row for Phobicsquirrel, as his PiF arrived yesterday, picked up this morning...and had to explain to Homeland Security about the bomb sitting on my desk!

1 - Man o' War Churchill
    1 - Cusano Double Maduro Toro
    3 - Indian Tabac Limited Reserve Robustos
    1 - Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro Robusto Box Press
    1 - RyJ 1875 Reserva Real Robusto
    1 - Rocky Patel OSG Torpedo
    1 - Petrus Fortus Churchill

But wait, there's more!

In a separate baggie came...

1 - Tabak Especial Toro Negra Coffee infused
    1 - Kahlua by Drew Estates

AND...

A Gurkha Grand Reserve Churchill!

My fingers hurt just typing all that! Many thanks to the scared squirrel for the Christmas BOMB that he just sent!! Thank you, Glen :D

Oh...yes, I would recommend trading with him :P
    Glad you like it =).
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    And just got back from the local pub (winter smoking grounds) where I sampled that Tabak Especial. Never having had an infused cigar before, i was pleasantly surprised. Found it a little sweet (and that's not a bad thing ;) ), but a very enjoyable smoke nontheless :) I can hardly wait for the others.
  • Options
    Received my MAW pack from urbino today, all looks good and I'm just itching to take one of these fine cigars out to the smoking chair. Thanks for the cigars urby.

Joe
  • Options
    Got a in another troop donation package yesterday...this time from TFH. Thanks for the donation bro.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Just got my end of a trade with Laker last night. All I have to say is WOW! I wasn't expecting nearly as much as he sent me, and there was some VERY nice, high end stuff in there. Thanks a bunch Laker! Truly a stand up guy.
  • Options
    Belated shout-out to Jetmech. He PIFfed me with some excellent stogies, including an RP that's available only at RP events. Way cool!

Thanks, Jet. You're good people.
  • Options
    Bomb? No, no. J0z3r just shock-and-awed me.

He sent me half a box of a cigar he had excess of and knew I liked, and then he filled out the rest of the box with La Aurora 1495 1994's (which he also knows I like but won't buy for myself) and ISOMs!

Jesus Aitch, j0z3r. I know you felt like you owed me one from our last transaction, but show a little restraint, why don't ya? And what else in the wide, wide world of sports have you got in that humi/coolerdor, anyway?
  • Options
    urbino:
    And what else in the wide, wide world of sports have you got in that humi/coolerdor, anyway?
    China, Russia, Japan...I know I'm forgetting something, ahh, Osama Bin Laden, ya know the usual. For the sake of clarity, I actually only gave you some of the 1495/1994 the others are the regular 1495 line so you can compare the different wrappers.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Just got my PIF from Ebitler....This guy must have ESP for knowing all the cigars i want to try! A Gurha Beast, Gurkha Double Maduro, Rocky Gold, Man-O-War(one of my faves) and a padilla 1926. Thanks Eric, youre a helluva good guy!
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    urbino:
    And what else in the wide, wide world of sports have you got in that humi/coolerdor, anyway?
    China, Russia, Japan...I know I'm forgetting something, ahh, Osama Bin Laden, ya know the usual. For the sake of clarity, I actually only gave you some of the 1495/1994 the others are the regular 1495 line so you can compare the different wrappers.
    Even better. I've been meaning to try the regular 1495 for a long time, but never have done it. Jet sent me one in his PIF package, but now I'll have more to go on.

BTW, what's this big unlabeled perfecto?
  • Options
    urbino:
    j0z3r:
    urbino:
    Even better. I've been meaning to try the regular 1495 for a long time, but never have done it. Jet sent me one in his PIF package, but now I'll have more to go on.

BTW, what's this big unlabeled perfecto?
    Big unlabeled perfecto...? if it was naked, then the label probably fell off, but the only perfecto I sent you was a Cuaba Exclusivo...but don't tell anyone cuz it's not legal.
  • Options
    And back on the topic of good traders, I got a killer package today from These Filthy Hands that includes several cigars I've been wanting to try, Camacho 1962 torpedo, Cuesta Rey Sun Grown robusto, Nub Conn. torpedo, Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte toro, RP Renaissance robusto, and a Gurkha that I'm not exactly sure what blend it is (I think it might be a Master's Select?) in a toro size. Needless to say, this surpassed my expectations for a pif package, so many thanks Justin, you're good people in my book.
  • Options
    Yup. Cuaba. The label had come off and worked its way to the bottom of the box.

If you like those 1962s, Joe, let me know. I've got them in a variety of sizes/shapes.
  • Options
    Good to know. I've had the 1962 pre-embargo, our friend Ron was kind enough to gift me one in a pif, and it was pretty fantastic...I still haven't tried the regular 1962 line, though I have no less than 5 hanging out in various places.

Oh and about the La Aurora 1495, personally I think the regular 1495 blend is pretty fantastic, so I'm thinking that if you like the limited cameroon, you'll probably like the regular line as well.
  • Options
    I know I have listed these guys individually but another round of kudos for those that donated for the troops...

Laker
    BBC
    Jozer
    rdnstn
    Pheobie (squirrel type)
    TFH
    All gave and gave a nice selection and good amounts, more than requested.

Thanks again guys. OOHRAH!!!