Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Fun and Games

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    there was one for sale down the street. I had to talk myself out of it. it looked to be in great condition as far as the body goes. I didnt let myself even call the guy to test drive. oh well.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I'm a huge old VW fan (you couldn't pay me to own a new one). My dad and I resto-customed a 65 Beetle, and a 74 Super Beetle. I totaled the Super Beetle and we restored it again lol. I'll do another one one day. I love the Ghia as well they're just impossible to ever get straight and hard to get some parts for. I always wanted a Thing though.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    kuzi16:
    there was one for sale down the street. I had to talk myself out of it. it looked to be in great condition as far as the body goes. I didnt let myself even call the guy to test drive. oh well.
    I had to do much the same thing, recently. Somebody had one for sale on the side of the road. A late 60s model, I think.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    I always wanted a Thing though.
    You and my sister.
  • Options
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    You and my sister.
    *shakes head* OH! send me a pic maybe I could help her out with that!
  • Options
    Oh, she's over it, now. Mostly. But she'd have given her left eye for one when we were kids.
  • Options
    Tracking info sent via PM, Scrambler.
  • Options
    urbino:
    Oh, she's over it, now. Mostly. But she'd have given her left eye for one when we were kids.
    Coming from you, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to take this urbi?!?
  • Options
    madurofan:
    urbino:
    Just the normal kid curiosity, maddy. "Whoa, what's that? Why don't I have one of those?" That kind of thing.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    You and my sister.
    You ...have a problem.. where is that guy tripledeadheat that was posting here.. wasn't he a psychiatrist ? perhaps he can trade you Hemingways for time on the couch.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    urbino:
    Just the normal kid curiosity, maddy. "Whoa, what's that? Why don't I have one of those?" That kind of thing.
    Hey Kuzi, some how we managed to get so far off track we are back on track with the fun and games topic.. Someone please name a car !!!
  • Options
    Apologies if I said anything inappropriate or TMI. That kind of thing was just normal when I was growing up, so I don't think anything about it. Maybe I should.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    None of the guesses are even close. Hint 2: It's 4wd
  • Options
    Scrambler:
    None of the guesses are even close. Hint 2: It's 4wd
    hey, the subaru impreza is all wheel drive. (i know "4 wheel" and "all wheel" are different... )
  • Options
    OK Toyota pickup?
  • Options
    madurofan:
    OK Toyota pickup?
    Alright, this could take a while to get, so I'll try to make the clues as helpful as possible without giving it away. For hint #3: It's neither a Toyota nor a pickup, but you're not too far off on either part.
  • Options
    bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Nissan pathfinder?
  • Options
    bass8844:
    Nissan pathfinder?
    Now we're in the ballpark. I did have a Nissan Xterra, but it wasn't my first vehicle.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Suzuki Sidekick
  • Options
    Scrambler:
    madurofan:
    OK Toyota pickup?
    Alright, this could take a while to get, so I'll try to make the clues as helpful as possible without giving it away. For hint #3: It's neither a Toyota nor a pickup, but you're not too far off on either part.
    Land Cruiser?
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Scrambler:
    madurofan:
    OK Toyota pickup?
    Land Cruiser?
    Dude, that's a Toyota
  • Options
    Was it always a toyota? Didn't toyota buy them at some point?
  • Options
    bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    madurofan:

Yeah, land cruisers were always toyota...maybe you're thinking land rover? (which is a completely different company)
  • Options
    madurofan:
    I was gonna hold this hint for a while, but since it came up... Hint #4: A majority share of the manufacturer was acquired by Toyota in the last decade, although it is still operated as a separate company.
  • Options
    Scrambler:
    madurofan:
    I was gonna hold this hint for a while, but since it came up... Hint #4: A majority share of the manufacturer was acquired by Toyota in the last decade, although it is still operated as a separate company.
    Well, then it can only be one thing... the Daihatsu Rocky
  • Options
    dutyje:
    We have a winner. The Rocky was manufactured pretty much unchanged for over a decade, but only imported to the States for 3 years, 1990-1992. I got mine in 1998 and still have it. I bet with the economy and gas prices the way they are, Daihatsu would be more successful now.

Send me your info and I'll get your booty sent out.
  • Options
    Scrambler:
    dutyje:
    We have a winner. The Rocky was manufactured pretty much unchanged for over a decade, but only imported to the States for 3 years, 1990-1992. I got mine in 1998 and still have it. I bet with the economy and gas prices the way they are, Daihatsu would be more successful now.

Send me your info and I'll get your booty sent out.
    Woo-hoo! Time to step into the fray on this. My wife and I got a babysitter and we're going out tonight... what are we going to see? (I need the title)
  • Options
    hancock...
    wait, thats what i saw last night. for those who saw it,(SPOILER ALERT) it woulda been way better if it woulda just ended when he flew away and she opened her eyes... not that damn feel good ending with the heart and the moon and what not.
  • Options
    I guess it's just as well I was ineligible for this question. I've never even heard of the Rocky.
  • Options
    I'm gonna need to kick this off with a hint... it ain't a movie.