Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Fun and Games

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    rdnstn:
    Dang it Kas. I didn't think that anyone would get it that fast. Good job though. Usually Jethro Tull is not a band that many recognize. I had a bunch of good clues planned too. You just take all the fun out of it. That's OK though. PM me your addy and I will get the package out to you.

BTW, I will give you a chance to guess for the bonus if you'd like. Just tell me what album they were promoting (same as the name of the tour) the first time I saw them.
    Would that be slip stitch pass for phish, and J.T Roots to Branches 1997/ J.Tull.com 1999
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Nope, Phish had nothing to do with it. Both times that I saw them, they were the headliner. In 1999 it was for J-Tull.com, but that's not the one I was looking for. That's why I gave the year fro that one. The one that I was looking for was the first time that I saw them. It was 1989 at McNichols Arena (before they tore it down to build Invesco Field) and they were promoting their Rock Island album (one of their best IMHO). The concert was great and they demonstrated an extreme amount of showmanship.
    Okay to offer a challenging question I will need a few minutes.. Sent rdnstn my info and will have a new perplexity tomorrow.
    New question , Movie themed.. I have seen this movie at least tweny times I rarely watch a movie more than twice so this would be my favorite movie.. Made in the 90's and most people love it or hate it..Lets start there..
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Clerks
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i was gunna go with mall rats. in fact i will go with mall rats.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Ok, somone finish out the Kevin Smith movies of the 90's
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I'm going with American Beauty.
    kaspera79:
    New question , Movie themed.. I have seen this movie at least tweny times I rarely watch a movie more than twice so this would be my favorite movie.. Made in the 90's and most people love it or hate it..Lets start there..
    All incorrect clue number two. you are all for the most part correct in that I would consider this a" Black Comedy.." and not like Friday or Barber Shop or House Party.,
    Damn. I think I know it. I think it was the other one I almost guessed. Now I have to wait 24 hrs.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    kaspera79:
    All incorrect clue number two. you are all for the most part correct in that I would consider this a" Black Comedy.." and not like Friday or Barber Shop or House Party.,
    Racist!
    madurofan:
    kaspera79:
    kaspera79:
    Racist!
    All funny movies but not the correct answers.. I'll drop another clue.. This movie is best enjoyed on DVD or unedited because of obvious reasons. You will never see it on the Disney Channel.
    Alright. How 'bout Pulp Fiction?
    urbino:
    Alright. How 'bout Pulp Fiction?
    Correctomundo, I love this movie.!! Hey Urbi, you know what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in France ? Send me your vital statistics and I will send you a package directly.
    A Royale with Cheese, IIRC. PM sent!
    urbino:
    A Royale with Cheese, IIRC. PM sent!
    Thank you and I will get that out tomorrow,
    It's a classic, btw. I particularly like the part where Uma's dancing to Urge Overkill's version of "Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon."
    It took me a while to think up a question the last time. This time, it just came to me. So here's the new quiz:

In what car did I learn to drive?

Hint #1: it was produced from the late 50s to the mid-70s.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    urbino:
    It took me a while to think up a question the last time. This time, it just came to me. So here's the new quiz:

In what car did I learn to drive?

Hint #1: it was produced from the late 50s to the mid-70s.
    Volkswagen Beetle...
    buick wildcat?
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Plymouth Fury
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Ford Galaxie
    Scrambler:
    Ford Galaxie
    Holy crap! You weren't supposed to get that so fast, Scram. I had all these cool clues planned out, about the huge engines and the '67 (I think) model that had the most powerful engine ever put in an American production car: 600 hp.

But, noooo, Scrambler has to go get all smarty-smart and get it right off the bat. sigh :)

Oh, well. Well played, Scrambler. Was that just a blind guess?

I still have your addy from our last exchange, so I'll send off your package tomorrow.
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Lol, sorry?

It was mostly a blind guess, I knew a girl in high school that had one of those huge boats.

Alright, now for my question, I'll stick with the same, but I think it'll be a bit tougher.

What kind of car did I learn to drive in?

Hint 1: It's an import.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Scrambler:
    Lol, sorry?

It was mostly a blind guess, I knew a girl in high school that had one of those huge boats.

Alright, now for my question, I'll stick with the same, but I think it'll be a bit tougher.

What kind of car did I learn to drive in?

Hint 1: It's an import.

Saab 900
    subaru impreza
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Volkwagen Beetle
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Karmann Ghia
    dutyje:
    Karmann Ghia
    nice.
    Yes. I can't guess, but I do love the Ghia.