Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Fun and Games

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    It took a while to get a response to my question, too, BF, so don't worry about it. I have a couple of guesses, but I'm ineligible right now.

What year was Hooton a rookie, kas? He's one of those guys who just always seemed old. Today he's probably a pitching coach in the developmental leagues. Or maybe just retired, seeing as how he's the oldest living human.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Urbino, Hooton was picked up by the cubs in 1971, through the amatuer draft. Which makes him one of the " never played in the minors, although he was sent down a few times, His college record was crazy like 35-4 and, he isnt as old as you think born 2/7/1950.. He got that nick name from Tommy Lasorda as a joke because he never smiled.He pitched a no hitter in (I think) his first game in 1972.. This was after a baseball strike, and had a few good years in Chicago before he went west..
  • Options
    While there are probably only about thirty or so true closers.. Left handed closers are very rare.. there are only four right now in the league..One National league , and three American League.. That I know of.. And, you say he WAS a closer.. I have Two in mind, one with a strong tie in to our group... What sayBF?
  • Options
    BFGarnerBFGarner Posts: 96
    Well time for the next hint. #1 He was a closer ------- #2 He is a lefty ------ #3 He threw a no hitter while in college.
  • Options
    Kaspera I think you may be overlooking someone in your analysis.
  • Options
    btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    Dave Righetti
  • Options
    btmisles:
    Dave Righetti
    Sorry that is incorrect, great guess though.
  • Options
    Well time for the next hint. #1 He was a closer ------- #2 He is a lefty ------ #3 He threw a no hitter while in college. ----- #4 He never won a world series.
  • Options
    Bueller..... Bueller....Bueller......
  • Options
    Well time for the next hint. #1 He was a closer ------- #2 He is a lefty ------ #3 He threw a no hitter while in college. ----- #4 He never won a world series. ------ #5 He pitched only in the National League.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Damn BF looks like you're going to have to give his last name as the next hint. I'd guess but I've got too many trades going on right now and I'm starting to deplete the stock.
  • Options
    lol I still dont have enough cigars to trade. Il be buying from CCOM for this one just like the PIF. I figure Ill just keep on waiting though. Maybe buy time someone guesses correct I will have an ample supply of sticks.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Hey like I told you before there is no shame in having to buy a cigar for a pass or trade. I just bought one for sdip! He better appreciate it, because it was the last one my B&M will get of this particular cigar!
  • Options
    Hey BF a little help here.. this thread is going to get lost soon.. I am so lost on this one..Is this player active now?
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    John Franco
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    vankleekkw:
    John Franco
    I was just posting the same guess, but you beat me to it.
  • Options
    Scrambler! Where you been, buddy?
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    urbino:
    Scrambler! Where you been, buddy?
    My best friend was in town from Los Angeles for a few days, so I wasn't online much. Next week I'll be in Hawaii, so I wont be around here much again for a few days. I'm sure you can get by without me.
  • Options
    vankleekkw:
    John Franco
    Christ almighty I thought no one would answer correctly. Send me a PM with your info and/or cigar preferences and I will get you cigars to you!!
  • Options
    Also I kind of fell asleep on this one over the weekend and I was busy yesterday.
  • Options
    BFGarner:
    vankleekkw:
    John Franco
    Christ almighty I thought no one would answer correctly. Send me a PM with your info and/or cigar preferences and I will get you cigars to you!!
    See what happens, I wake it up and someone else grabs it. Sniped again //Damn I'll get one soon..
  • Options
    Sweet, I'll think of a good question and get it on the board tomorrow.
  • Options
    vankleekkw:
    Sweet, I'll think of a good question and get it on the board tomorrow.
    I'll be waiting,
  • Options
    Heh. With keyboard at the ready.
  • Options
    Package sent. BTW John Franco is awesome.
  • Options
    OK, here it goes. I'll add clues to help out. What was the first concert that I attended? Clue 1. I was in high school
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Outta the blue.... Smashing Pumpkins.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    uhhh... lets be horrible and glam (but i still ove it)

KISS
  • Options
    vankleekkw:
    OK, here it goes. I'll add clues to help out. What was the first concert that I attended? Clue 1. I was in high school
    I choose CREED..
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    When you were in H.S.? That would've been the late 90s. Creed is too old.

I'm gonna guess...Nine Inch Nails