Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Fun and Games

Comments

• Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    OK, if Urbi or I don't get it this time, I'm pretty sure I got the right guess for tonight.
  • Options
    Ok, here is my guess for today in case my earlier one or Urbi's didn't win it.

Cool Hand Luke
    The Godfather
    Scarface

I don't know why I didn't think of these ones earlier, maybe it's the cold I have and resulting lack of tobacco made my brain malfunction. Now I just need to keep my fingers crossed.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    You and Urbi both have two of the three...
    Cool Hand Luke and Godfather. Urbi, you have the right actor/wrong movie for the third. It's Deniro, but not Taxi Driver.
  • Options
    Alright, let's try this again then.

Cool Hand Luke
    The Godfather
    ...The Deer Hunter
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Cool Hand Luke
    The Godfather
    Raging Bull
  • Options
    Urbi and I going head to head on this one. I'm surprised no snipers have jumped in yet since we're so close to the answer. I got one more guess if these ones aren't right though.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    urbino:
    Cool Hand Luke
    The Godfather
    Raging Bull
    Ding, ding, ding. Urbi, PM me info and I'll get something out. A piece of unfortunate luck - my laptop went down this weekend and I'm using a family member's computer. Mine's being repaired so I'll only have intermittent access to the WWW over the next few days. Rest assured I'll get them out the first opportunity I have to get your info.
    Thanks for the guesses...I feel like Ron should get a consolation prize for being so close. Hmmm, if he PM'ed his info, who knows.
  • Options
    I appreciate it Luko. I had a hard time narrowing down the Deniro movies. Raging Bull is a great movie but IMO Deer Hunter and Goodfellas were better.

Damn you Urbi, I'll get you next time. MUAHAHAHA. Seriously, good job though.
  • Options
    Heh. I probably just remember the movies from that era better than you do, Ron. Deer Hunter is a great and terrible movie, if you know what I mean; I've never been able to really get behind Goodfellas. Pesci is too over the top in it.

PM sent, Luko.
  • Options
    You'd be surprised Urbs, I'm more seasoned than a lot of the youngsters around here. I know what you mean about Pesci. I never much cared for him at all except for maybe My Cousin Vinnie but Marissa Tomei made up for his shortcomings.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    rdnstn:
    Pesci...... his shortcomings.
    You're funny
  • Options
    Yeah, Marisa Tomei covers a multitude of sins.

So here's our new question. I think this one will take a while, but then I thought the question about what car I learned to drive in would take a while.

My grampa was a farmer. I spent a lot of time there, growing up. During that time he owned 3 tractors, all of the same brand. Which one was my favorite?

Hint #1: they were all crank-start.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    If it ain't John Deere, I ain't getting this one :)
  • Options
    If I remember right, the Case tractors were crank start. Other than that I can't think of any. I only know a couple models though so I'll start with the CC.
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Well, since I should have Joe's feedback by tonight anyway, I'll go ahead and join in this one and take a guess... Since you said you didn't think anyone would get it quickly, I'm guessing it was something a little lesser known.... How about Oliver???
  • Options
    Nope.

Hint #2: they have a single front wheel (actually two, in a V, immediately under the front of the tractor).
  • Options
    Hmmm, sounds like it could be an Oliver 80 ... possibly.
  • Options
    1 hour and 12 minutes... come on baby... daddy needs a new well... no i don't, but I still wanna win... LMAO...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Nope.

Hint #2: they have a single front wheel (actually two, in a V, immediately under the front of the tractor).
    Hey Urbi how about the Allis Chambler WC
  • Options
    Bwhahaha... 24 hours elapsed baby... While there were several tractors that used the "V" configuration for the wheels, there's only one company that did it first... The International Harvester baby... aka Farmall....
  • Options
    Alright. We have the brand. The model that was my favorite of the 3, por favor.
  • Options
    OMG... Do you know how many models of IH tractor there were? I think we'll need another clue for this one... ummm well... in 24 hours we'll need another clue... Stick out tongue [:P]
  • Options
    If it helps, think Farmall rather than IH.
  • Options
    rusirius:
    OMG... Do you know how many models of IH tractor there were? I think we'll need another clue for this one... ummm well... in 24 hours we'll need another clue... Stick out tongue [:P]
    Hey Sirius( Dog Star ) In about two hours I'm gonna' sniper you. Better make that quess a good one cause I'll wait for you to post first. I been to the Urbi farm.... ( JFK )
  • Options
    urbino:
    If it helps, think Farmall rather than IH.
    Alright... How about a Farmall Cub??? Stick out tongue [:P]
  • Options
    Dr. Urbino, I would like to guess Farmall model H
  • Options
    The Farmall F-14
  • Options
    Not yet, guys. However, kas did get one of the other 2: the H.
  • Options
    Well than, I will go with the M instead.. ( hey Urbi, How you doin' ?)
  • Options
    How bout the 450?