Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Fun and Games

Comments

• Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I'll go with the B this time (...as in Ur..B?)
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    kaspera79:
    Well than, I will go with the M instead.. ( hey Urbi, How you doin' ?)
    And you got the other one of the 3. The M was a handful. Drive that thing for a couple of hours and you felt like you'd put in a day's work.

It's one of the letter series, Shirley.

I'm okay, kas. I worked 26 straight hours Wed.-Thurs. Then I went to bed at 1:00 this morning and slept til 6 this evening, so I'm a little squirrelly-headed, but okay. Just watchin' some baseball. About to go out and smoke this CX2 you sent me, as a matter of fact.

How you is?
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Eye Is Fine, 26 hours, you must have a real crappy boss. Aren't there labor laws in Tenn ? I've been looking at web sites on tractors, and crank starts.. I bet you could really get hurt on some of that vintage machinery. What the hell was a kid doin' messing with that. I read some stories about crank starting a tractor that was not in neutral, that will break a bone or two. What were you growing on that farm ?
  • Options
    Nah, my bosses are good. We had a rollout go bad Wed. night. I and others were there until 2 a.m. getting it straightened out, then I decided there was no point going home at that point, so I just stayed. It was my decision.

Heh, yeah, the ol' crank start could be a pain in the ass. It was no fun even when everything was right. I was too little to really even reach the thing, much less crank it, but my dad and uncle sure worked up a sweat cranking it. As for why I was on those tractors at all, well, they weren't really vintage then. They were the tractors grampa farmed with every day. He was still using them in the early '80s. As for why I was on those tractors, that was just the way it worked; I was big enough to drive, somebody had to do it, if I did it everybody else could be doing the hard physical work, so there you go.

It also didn't hurt that grampa got a kick out of seeing me behind the wheel.

Back then, the crop was cotton. Later it was soybeans and then rice.
  • Options
    Well the only other letter model that had the twin-front tire like you talked about was the C, so that must be it.

I'll go with that. The Farmall Model C

The only other letter model I know of is the A but that had wide spread fron tires, so that couldn't be it.
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    rdnstn:
    Well the only other letter model that had the twin-front tire like you talked about was the C, so that must be it.

I'll go with that. The Farmall Model C

The only other letter model I know of is the A but that had wide spread fron tires, so that couldn't be it.
    Coulda been the B or BN too... I'll say BN...
  • Options
    I already guessed B so that wasn't it.
  • Options
    I'm not gonna say who, but one of you: so neareth, and yet so fareth.
  • Options
    urbino:
    I'll be fair and let Ron get his guess in... but well... At this point it should be impossible to miss!

Come on Ron, wrap this thing up!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Doctor Urbino. Although it doesn't have the V you spoke of, is it a trick question, the only other with the exception of the diesels, would be the A
  • Options
    No trick, kas, and not the A.
  • Options
    Super C

That's the only guess that I have left. If that's not in, then I guess this one goes to Shirley.
  • Options
    rdnstn:
    Super C

That's the only guess that I have left. If that's not in, then I guess this one goes to Shirley.
    I can't imagine he's being picky enough to want the "Super" specified... I believe the Supers were basically the same as the original, just a few imporvements...

With that being said, a quick google turned up that there were only the following letter designations:

A, B, BN, C, H, M, and MD

Every one of those has been guessed EXCEPT the diesel... the MD...

So if it's not the Super C, then it almost has to be the MD... So that's my guess... MD...
  • Options
    rdnstn:
    Super C

Ding ding ding ding ding! The Farmall Super C was my preferred tractor. Being just a kid, its smaller size and easier steering (bear in mind that none of these machines had power steering) were a relief.

Send me your addy, Ron, and I'll get something shipped out to you.
  • Options
    Dang, that was a good one Urbi. Even with Google it was a challenge. You'll have a PM in a couple minutes.

Everyone else stay tuned while I think of a good one.
  • Options
    OK guys here it goes. Sorry for the delay but I had four exams in school this week and just couldn't get my head wrapped around a good question for fun and games but I think I have one now, so here we go.

OK, back in my younger days (I won't say how long ago that was) I was trying to get into the Air Force Academy so I spent a lot of my time working towards and preparing for that. Part of the preparations were to partake in extracurricular activities. I wanted to be well rounded so I participated in many things like school clubs, sports and was even a boy scout. There was one thing in particular that I did (group that I participated in) though that made a big impact on me and affected some of the choices that I made in my later life.

This will be a two part question.
    1. What is the name of this group?
    2. What is significant about them (what makes them special)?

Since this may be difficult I will start off with some clues. They have been on national television multiple times including Good Morning America and they celebrated their 50th anniversary last year.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    The Jim Dandy ski club They teach kids how to ski
  • Options
    Only 1 ineligible guess so far? Either everyone is off doing something for the weekend or it's time for me to give some more clues.

I grew up in Colorado and when I was part of this organization it only allowed male members. Since then, it has seen fit to allow females in due to various social and political pressures (not to mention it was necessary to receive some government grants).
  • Options
    ROTC?

Teaches leadership development, problem solving, strategic planning, and professional ethics...
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Outward bound?
  • Options
    OK, more clues.

While out ward bound is not correct, it is actually kind of similar in many respects. I mentioned that the group was on television many times. The Good Morning America appearance was around 1986-1987. We were also on Unsolved mysteries and Rescue 911 in 1988.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    GLBA
  • Options
    dutyje:
    GLBA
    Gay and *** Business Association??? LOL
  • Options
    1: Big Brothers??? 2: matches children and adults, supports their relationship, and strives to present them with opportunities to learn, grow, and explore the world together
  • Options
    Alright, time for some more clues.

The patch worn on the group's uniform and the logo used by this group has a rendering of Snoopy on it that was authorized for use by Charles Schultz. The founder of this group passed away on April 30,2007 at the age of 78, less than 3 months before the 50th Anniversary celebration that he continued to prepare for from his hospital bed.
  • Options
    OK, no guesses so you all must need some more clues.

The Unsolved Mysteries episode was Episode #57 about a guy named Keith Reinhart and the Rescue 911 episode was episode #11. The funny thing about these two events is that we filmed the reenactment of the Unsolved Mysteries episode the same day that the actual event from the Rescue 911 episode took place.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    NASA Kids Club - they teach kids about science and astronomy
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    NASA Kids Club - they teach kids about science and astronomy
    Not even close. Read the clues.
  • Options
    I'm ineligible, but admit it Ron: you were a Junior G-man.
  • Options
    Dang Urbi, good guess. Not correct but a good guess.

As an extra clue, I will tell everyone that we did work with a lot of government agencies. Mostly local and state, but the feds a few times.