• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    bump
  • Options
    Last day this week to get in folks...
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea DD. Hell yes I'm in. My lucky numbers will be 27 ans 227. Good luck to all!
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    It's getting exciting now! Almost there!
  • Options
    No winner folks, sticks ride, get you numbers in starting MONDAY if you want them to ride they still need to be submitted and will go by datestamp of post, first in gets them...
  • Options
    MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    I'd like to get in on this. The rules state it is 'open' so I can get in starting tomorrow? Or do I have to wait until the current sticks have been won?

I'd like to make a suggestion re: changing the rules. One problem I see is that in the last drawing there was only a 111:4 chance that ANYONE would win, with odds like that there is a good chance that this is going to go on a long, long, time.

The rules say the sticks ride if no winner and every week participants need to resubmit their numbers, so if the lottery goes on and on and people lose interest and forget to resubmit their numbers, they won't be in the drawing but their sticks will be in the final count and they will be expected to pony up if their is a winner! Right or wrong? This could result in considerable ill will between BOTL if they are expected to turn over sticks they didn't want to or alternatively a BOTL doesn't get the stick count he thought he would cos some people were 'out' (or thought they were, cos they didn't pick #s) but still counted.

Why not limit the drawing to the max number of digits of participants, therefore with the current 12 drawers you would pick a number between 0 and 99, you wouldn't go to picking 3 digits till the participants got over 99. This week you would have had a 33:4 chance of a winner! Alternatively you could pick between 1 and thereby ensuring a winner every week! The 'cache' would be determined solely by the number interested in participating that week and you would never have a 'ride' situation.

Not trying to be overly critical of the rules, I do this kinda thing for living, I'm in this next week (assuming I can get in! :)) either way!

• Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    A agree with MrMoke - I think 12 people choosing from 1000 numbers is unlikely to hit very often. Is there a reason we can't keep it to 0-99?

My numbers will stay the same: 29 and 401.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Im in with the same numbers, 19/219. I also agree to perhaps move to 0-99 as the numbers....or do like most state lottos are now and do 2 drawings per week instead of one.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Diamondog:
    No winner folks, sticks ride, get you numbers in starting MONDAY if you want them to ride they still need to be submitted and will go by datestamp of post, first in gets them...

So this means we just keep our three sticks in or it cost us three more and we are up to six sticks? I will continue with my Numbers
    66/714
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    That's some good thinking right there Mr Moke. I'm in. I will keep my original numbers of 43/650. If there is a decision to do 1-99 then I'll keep 43.
  • Options
    Ok consensus is leaning towards a 2 number draw, I agree otherwise it will probably go on too long..so lets switch it up....to make things easier we could also just pick one 2 number and each sticks with until someone wins that way people don't miss etc....what do you guys think? As for the sticks there is NO reante until someone actually wins, the 3 sticks ride for 10 draws etc if need be...and I will take out the rule of waiting to pick #'s mon-sat they can be picked as soon as draw complete until Sat 11:59pm...maybe we can also add that you agree to participate until someone actually wins??? If you want out at that point you would indicate???
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I agree with people sticking to what number's they originally picked
  • Options
    Okay, I'd like to be in with 22/327; agree to abide by the rules as originally laid out and further amended in this thread; and, I commit the 3 sticks till a winner is drawn. (probably going to replay, everytime, this is way more kool than a lotto for money !!!! ;)

One more thought, actually it's two! In future lotteries it might be wise to pick a single digit number too, in cases where there are less than 10 participants for that week (not applicable this time since there is already 12+)
    And; why not make the number from 0 to 99 or 0 to 999 and bar the picking of zero? Thast way you will always have at least that 1 in 100 or 1 in 1000 chance nobody will win? ;) Just a thought (or two!)

• Options
    One more thought .....................

You guys do realize that if you get a considerable amount of interest in this game the winner's mailbox is going to look like a thermo-nuclear device hit it! 20 players = 60 sticks, 50 players = 150 sticks, the max number for digit drawing of 99 will result in the winner receiving 98 packages of 3 cigars = 294 cigars, lol. We will start to see TShirts printed "Mail Carriers hate BOTL"

• Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    LOL........ ok so I am In again with 88/715.
  • Options
    38 and 442 again for me
  • Options
    GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    MrMoke:
    One more thought .....................

You guys do realize that if you get a considerable amount of interest in this game the winner's mailbox is going to look like a thermo-nuclear device hit it! 20 players = 60 sticks, 50 players = 150 sticks, the max number for digit drawing of 99 will result in the winner receiving 98 packages of 3 cigars = 294 cigars, lol. We will start to see TShirts printed "Mail Carriers hate BOTL"

If we have more than 10 people playing - we go to the triple digit lotto numbers :-P but yeah... That's why the lottery is a swell idea! Mega bombs with everyone only sending 3 sticks. Sounds fancy to me :-)
  • Options
    Do you guys want to see the frequency of drawing increased? I am here all the time so no problem on my end....make it a little more interested I guess.....
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    Do you guys want to see the frequency of drawing increased? I am here all the time so no problem on my end....make it a little more interested I guess.....
    How about a Wednesday/Friday or Wednesday/Sunday thing?
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    I'm okay with the once a week drawing.

It gives others a chance to get in on the game!

• Options
    I would say once a week is good unless we get a Legion of players going on this then maybe 2x a week would be better then.
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    p/m sent tag me in at 74
  • Options
    Ok consensus so far once a week, speak up boys!
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    I think once a week is fine, if you want to have 2 different lotterys would be ok, but who can slam 3 sticks 2 times a week into this and still try and play other games.
  • Options
    lets see how the once week thing goes first,if it gets to be popular then thats when you consider other options
  • Options
    I understand where DD is coming from about having multiple drawings per week, because in all honesty - we have what, 13 people playing at the moment - and we have any potential number between 1-999 to come up once a week - That's puts us at a little over 1% chance that one of our numbers will even come up. So... Statistically it'll be around 100 weeks before someone wins - at least at the rate we are going.

Maybe we should up the chance? Not really by making more days to draw on, but maybe on Sunday, you random 5 numbers one after another - just to make a little more likely that SOMEONE'S number will get pulled? Or maybe since we are using the triple digit numbers because of how many people in the lottery, we will also count our double digit number? (Since the random number you generated was 1-999 there is the chance that the number will be double digit, so simply do 101-999 from now on?) Or maybe we'll have a cut-off date - where on every 4th or maybe 8th Sunday you just keep randoming numbers until someone wins - that way we are promised that the game continues moving - and there is less chance that we will have people signing up for it and then stop checking the forums and fall out of the game?
  • Options
    GadwinDuil:
    Or maybe we'll have a cut-off date - where on every 4th or maybe 8th Sunday you just keep randoming numbers until someone wins - that way we are promised that the game continues moving -
    The more I think about this one the better it sounds - because even if people don't sign up for the lottery until that cut-off week where there is going to be a guaranteed winner... You're talking about having like 20+ people signed up and KNOWING one of them is going to win... That sounds pretty exciting in my book :-D
  • Options
    Please re-read rules there have been a couple changes...
  • Options
    got a quick question maybe im not reading it correctly,
    or maybe you already answered this and i did not see it
    say no winner this week,if i want to re-enter the lottery next week thats 3 additional sticks correct?
    so if lets say next week there is a winner, and i entered the 2 weeks straight thats 6 sticks?
    thanks
    joe