Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

BORK FOOTBALL LEAGUE

OK. This is the official BOTL Football League info post.

Below I will list the team owners, names and finances. I figure one place for this info is best.

League Finances List:
1. robbyras aka "The Nut Sackers" - PAID
2. sirfoster83 - PAID
3. Ripp aka "Cigarface" - PAID
4. Vulchor aka "Vulchor's Villans" - PAID
5. t_evan50 - PAID
6. Jdoris - PAID
7. lilwing88 aka "Chicago Crackheads" - PAID
8. surfingzeeko - PAID
9. TatuajeVI - PAID
10. the Sniper - PAID
10. Jetmech_63 - PAID
12. Jsaint aka "Rockford Bonecrushers" - PAID

Comments

• Options
    pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    Haha ive never put together a fantasy team. Can I just pick every saints player? SUPERBOWL #2 WHODAT!!!

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in for some fantasy football but not willing to pay anything. Too many free things out there.
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    What are you thinking for the buy in? Any ways I'm in.

2.sirfoster83
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    jsnake:
    I am in for some fantasy football but not willing to pay anything. Too many free things out there.
    Youre not paying for the league... I'm putting the money in the pot and the winner(s) claim the prize... For baseball we did $25per team... So with 6 teams first place gets a $100 ccom gift card and second gets a $50 com gift card... Just something to keep it fun...
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    jsnake:
    Youre not paying for the league... I'm putting the money in the pot and the winner(s) claim the prize... For baseball we did $25per team... So with 6 teams first place gets a $100 ccom gift card and second gets a $50 com gift card... Just something to keep it fun...
    If it was a stick game I would be in but not interested in a cash game.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Never done fantasy football (one season of fantasy baseball, and that was fun!). I imagine itd be about the same thing play wise - if you're willing to take on a newb to fantasy football, Im in!

If not, I understand that too.

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    I understand - and then I KEEEL YOU!!! :-D

• Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    I've only played fantasy football once. Last year, came in dead last but it was fun!
  • Options
    sirfoster83:
    I've only played fantasy football once. Last year, came in dead last but it was fun!
    All ate welcome... I've only plated a few times... I prefer baseball, basically because I suck at football... So it looks like we have 3
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I'm definitely in! I know sandman would probably be interested as well - him and I have been in a Fantasy Football league together for the last few years.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Hell yeah fantasy football and cigars!!! I'm in!
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    You know I'm in...... MAKE IT $50!!!!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    I've never played any fantasy games, but I love Football. If you'd be patient enough to walk me through things then count me in!
  • Options
    Jdorais:
    I've never played any fantasy games, but I love Football. If you'd be patient enough to walk me through things then count me in!
    yes... you're in... so it looks like we have:
    1. robbyras 2. sirfoster83
    3. the Sniper
    4. TatuajeVI
    5. Jetmech_63
    6. lilwing88 (aka Money Bags... "Let's make it $50") 7. Jdoris

this is coming along nicely...i'll look around and see while site is the best... i'm thinking yahoo, but if you have a recommendation,just let me know...

and if anyone else want's in, just add your name to the list... 12 would be great and we are on our way...
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Don't wanna sound like some exclusionary a-hole, but could we limit the league to 12 teams? More than that and it really thins out the talent. Just my .02 cents......
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    I'm in. Never played fantasy, but I do watch every game possible, every season.
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    Don't wanna sound like some exclusionary a-hole, but could we limit the league to 12 teams? More than that and it really thins out the talent. Just my .02 cents......
    oh yeah... 12 teams for sure... we could 14 if necessary but i reall doubt we will have that problem...
  • Options
    t_evan50:
    I'm in. Never played fantasy, but I do watch every game possible, every season.
    you're in!:

1. robbyras
    2. sirfoster83
    3. the Sniper
    4. TatuajeVI
    5. Jetmech_63
    6. lilwing88 (aka Money Bags... "Let's make it $50")
    7. Jdoris
    8. t_evan50

wow... looks like we on have 4 more spots...
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    TatuajeVI:
    I'm definitely in! I know sandman would probably be interested as well - him and I have been in a Fantasy Football league together for the last few years.
    You know a guy gets busy and doesn't come around much then his "friend" starts telling people he wants in on a game that's gonna cost him $$$$. What the hell Tat? J/K I'm def. interested but I need more details......As the Commish in our league there is sooo much that goes into a season and the rules are very important. So 12 teams & I agree that for the time spent $50 isn't that much.......what are rules on trades, waiver wire, how many you can pick up etc. I know this is an old thread but hey it's football!!!! Wow it's almost that time of year again.
  • Options
    dmferreedmferree Posts: 16
    i may be interested, let me look into
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    TatuajeVI:
    You know a guy gets busy and doesn't come around much then his "friend" starts telling people he wants in on a game that's gonna cost him $$$$. What the hell Tat? J/K I'm def. interested but I need more details......As the Commish in our league there is sooo much that goes into a season and the rules are very important. So 12 teams & I agree that for the time spent $50 isn't that much.......what are rules on trades, waiver wire, how many you can pick up etc. I know this is an old thread but hey it's football!!!! Wow it's almost that time of year again.
    I was thinking that we keep it as simple as possible.. no limits on waivers..players come off waivers wed of each week... waiver priority is based on team record (worst record gets highest priority)...
    trades are subject to league vote...in a 12 team league 5 veto votes would be required (basically half of the teams considering that the 2 teams involved in the trade don't vote)...
    top 6 or 8 teams make the playoffs...live draft...two 6 team leagues
    as far as prizes go, it depends on the buy in... i was thinking 25 but 50 is cool with me... with $50 buy in, there will be a $600 pot... my thought on payout is this...$100 to each division winner, $50 for third, $100 for second and $250 for the champ....
    how does all this sound?
    i am open to any and all suggetsions
  • Options
    Sorry forgot to ask about scoring....Standard scoring system or will you do it differently?
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Damn that is so f*cking confusing!! Y'all are speaking a different language.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Sign me up, baseball failed----but Im good for this one.
  • Options
    Alex Williams:
    Damn that is so f*cking confusing!! Y'all are speaking a different language.
    It's actually pretty simple once you start playing. It sounds confusing because it's not up in front of you. Believe me I started a league when I had never played before. It's simple enough for me to run without having any prior knowledge then I'm sure you would be able to fig it out Alex. ;)
  • Options
    Here we are so far:

1. robbyras
    2. sirfoster83
    3. the Sniper
    4. TatuajeVI
    5. Jetmech_63
    7. Jdoris
    8. t_evan50
    9. Vulchor
    10. Sandman1 (probably)

Only 2 spots left ...

Standard scoring will be based on the site we use... i;m thinking either yahoo or espn...

i think we'll have to vote on the buyin as well since most of these guys signed up thinking it was $25... and the final prizes will be issued as Ccom gift cards.... think of the damage you could do!!!
  • Options
    robbyras:
    Here we are so far:

1. robbyras
    2. sirfoster83
    3. the Sniper
    4. TatuajeVI
    5. Jetmech_63
    7. Jdoris
    8. t_evan50
    9. Vulchor
    10. Sandman1 (probably)

Only 2 spots left ...

Standard scoring will be based on the site we use... i;m thinking either yahoo or espn...

i think we'll have to vote on the buyin as well since most of these guys signed up thinking it was $25... and the final prizes will be issued as Ccom gift cards.... think of the damage you could do!!!
    If you go to ESPN or Yahoo and use the standard scoring then count me in. Doesn't matter to me what the buy in is because I have a Fantasy Football Fund that I start saving from the previous year.
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    Did everyone settle up for the baseball league? just curious, probably not the correct thread to ask though.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    I'm still in. $25 or 50, doesn't matter to me.
  • Options
    RippRipp Posts: 125
    I would love to join.. I have lurked about but never posted for a little while now. I love fantasy football and cigars so why not combine the two of them. I understand if I havn't been on here long enough to get in the league but either way I will keep a close eye on the progress