Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

BORK FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Comments

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Keep the bench spots.....bye weeks can be tough times for needing players. Also, youre going to need at least 5 of them anyway for a backup qb and at least 2-3 RB's and WR's. That leaves just enough room for an extra guy or two, who you can benefit with on certain weeks or use as good trade bait to someone in need of a certain spot.
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    sent via paypal Rob
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Thanks for the payments guys! I put the league info in the first post of this thread... it has the team names and finances...

There is a team named Cold Beer and I'm not sure who the owner is... if it's you, let me know...

and I would like to nominate Vulchor as Vice Commish of the league. I am getting married on Sept 5th and will be in Europe for 12 days after that so I will need someone to "run" things while I'm away... Vulchor has been on top of it and i think he's the perfect fit...
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I second the nomination.....
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    RippRipp Posts: 125
    Payment sent thru Paypal. Are we going to be picking the draft order before the actual draft? If we do it makes planing and preparing just a little more efficient.
  • Options
    Ripp:
    Payment sent thru Paypal. Are we going to be picking the draft order before the actual draft? If we do it makes planing and preparing just a little more efficient.
    Thanks for the payment...

as for the order... ESPN will produce a random draft order an hour before the draft... If you want to know sooner, I can do a random drawing... I just got a new flip slide HD and I can film the draft lottery... i haven't used it yet, so that could be my first movie... I'll throw on a suit, hold up little #1 Jerseys... it'll be fun... or we can just wait on ESPN... I really don't care one way or the other...
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    Ripp:
    Thanks for the payment...

as for the order... ESPN will produce a random draft order an hour before the draft... If you want to know sooner, I can do a random drawing... I just got a new flip slide HD and I can film the draft lottery... i haven't used it yet, so that could be my first movie... I'll throw on a suit, hold up little #1 Jerseys... it'll be fun... or we can just wait on ESPN... I really don't care one way or the other...
    I'm for the draft lottery movie!!! That'd be hilarious!!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Money sent via paypal.
  • Options
    Thanks for the payments... Jdorais and T_Evan paid up today...
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Definitely keep the roster size normal. Bye weeks and injuries are terrible to deal with.

Sandman has been the commish of a Fantasy Football league that I've been in for the last 2 or 3 years. He'd be another excellent choice for Vice-commish. That is, if Vulchor doesn't have any experience with that sort of thing.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Dude, why am I such a d-bag? I sent Rob a package of cigars last week and didn't think to include money for the league. Boo. I'll see about getting it to you via a friend's paypal.
  • Options
    Changed me team name to something more cigar appropriate.
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Definitely keep the roster size normal. Bye weeks and injuries are terrible to deal with.

Sandman has been the commish of a Fantasy Football league that I've been in for the last 2 or 3 years. He'd be another excellent choice for Vice-commish. That is, if Vulchor doesn't have any experience with that sort of thing.
    I'm not even sure if Sandman is in or not... I never heard back
  • Options
    No worries... I wasn't thinking of it either...
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Doesnt matter to me....I have been the commish of a Keeper League for 4 years now, and done other leagues too. Not much true work for a Commish after draft day really, other than putting little fund stuff up when they can, trophies, weekly roundups (if you want) and the like. All depends on how much time the commish has and how much the members want. Whatever you guys would like.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    robbyras:
    TatuajeVI:

I'm not even sure if Sandman is in or not... I never heard back
    Hey guys sorry I forgot all about this. The summer is my busy time of the year. If you have filled my spot no worries, otherwise you can count me in. I just need your addy robbyras so I can send you the $$$. As for the nom. for vice-commish I'm not opposed to it and I will be around a ton more once football starts. Like Vulchor said there really isn't much to do after the draft. If you have never ran a league then you have no idea the pain it could be setting it up.......you know like guys not showing up for a few weeks and not knowing if they are playing, and who has & has not paid. Ahhh yes the trophies and matchups of the week! I can hardly wait fellas, let the fun begin football season is upon us.
  • Options
    Oh and Rob can you send me the link for the invite....don't remember seeing it Thanks!
  • Options
    the spot is still yours... I'll PM my address to you..
    as far as co-commish, I just need someone to take over while I am in Europe...
  • Options
    Whatevers clever and I need the invite again please. I will have the $ out to you by the weekend.
  • Options
    can you PM me an email address to send it to? I can't seem to find your email..
  • Options
    ok... so the draft is pretty much set for Thursday, August 26th @ 8:30 pm EST...

Still waiting on payment from the following:
    Jetmech_63 - Sending Via snail mail
    lilwing88 aka "Chicago Crackheads"
    TatuajeVI
    Sandman1 - sending via snail mail
    Jsaint aka "Rockford Bonecrushers"
    the Sniper
  • Options
    robbyras:
    can you PM me an email address to send it to? I can't seem to find your email..
    PM sent with e-mail addy
  • Options
    If anyone drops out I'm down, if there's still time.
  • Options
    You'll be #1 on the waiting list... it looks like we're full up though...
  • Options
    I vote to set the draft order before the draft (ourselves not espn). I live by the rule proper planning prevents piss poor performance. Its not a huge deal of course, if everyone would rather wait til right before the draft.
  • Options
    so i just got a HUGE project from a pretty important client and it's going to suck up the rest of my month... are there any objections to pushing the draft back a week to Sept 2 at 8:30PM EST? Let me know
  • Options
    robbyras:
    so i just got a HUGE project from a pretty important client and it's going to suck up the rest of my month... are there any objections to pushing the draft back a week to Sept 2 at 8:30PM EST? Let me know
    Rob if you have to have the draft that late I will be out of town and have no internet access. I guess I can set my draft or if someone else is available I can let them have my spot.
  • Options
    The reason I set the time is because the east coast folks have requested that we have it on a week night... so if we do, I can't have it at 3pm on the west coast... doesn't seem fair... but again, i'm open to any suggestions...
  • Options
    robbyras:
    The reason I set the time is because the east coast folks have requested that we have it on a week night... so if we do, I can't have it at 3pm on the west coast... doesn't seem fair... but again, i'm open to any suggestions...
    I wasn't talking about time was talking about the dates. Sorry for the confusion. I will be out of the state, maybe country. If this works for everyone else I will prob. have to duck out of this. I wouldn't normally and would just set my draft picks but will be gone for 2 long before and with everything that can happen before the draft I would hate for it to screw me up. Plus I wouldn't be able to trade right afterwards either. Hope this doesn't throw a wrench in your machine but it looks like you have another player who is waiting in the wings.
  • Options
    it's really up to you... Unfortunately i'm not too flexible on dates... I have a massive project that I'm starting on monday and finishing on 9/1... then I'm getting married on the 5th and leaving the country on the 7th... so really, 9/1, 9/2 and 9/3 are the only dates I can do... do any of those dates work for you?