Home General Discussion

Joe's 1000 post contest.

Comments

• ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    I forgot you had posted that you saw Burn After Reading, it was just a lucky guess on my part.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    dang
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Scrambler:
    I forgot you had posted that you saw Burn After Reading, it was just a lucky guess on my part.
    Same for me. I actually just looked up the movies that opened that weekend.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'd recommend Burn After Reading. I think the acting was well done and the movie had that sort of dark humor that I really like. Some people don't like Brad Pitt, but I thought he was pretty hilarious in this movie, and John Malkovich pretty much always turns out a solid performance

Ok, moving right along. Question the third. What was the first vehicle I purchased? Note, I bought it used and it was lovingly referred to as the fire engine due to its red color and size. This one comes with a bonus point possibility if you can correctly guess the model year.

Let's see what you can come up with.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I'd recommend Burn After Reading. I think the acting was well done and the movie had that sort of dark humor that I really like. Some people don't like Brad Pitt, but I thought he was pretty hilarious in this movie, and John Malkovich pretty much always turns out a solid performance

Ok, moving right along. Question the third. What was the first vehicle I purchased? Note, I bought it used and it was lovingly referred to as the fire engine due to its red color and size. This one comes with a bonus point possibility if you can correctly guess the model year.

Let's see what you can come up with.
    1992 Chevy Suburban
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    74 GM Suburban
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I hate to steal the suburban guess, but it just makes sense. 89 suburban?
    1994 Dodge Ram
    This time I'm the one copying everyone else, but Suburban was my first thought too. I would've gone with '89 since I had one of that year, but its been guessed and we need to get some separation in the points. I'll say '94.
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Suburban for me too, but I'm gonna go with a '90
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I hate to play copycat on two in a row, but I can't come up with anything better: '87 Suburban.
  • BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    ford explorer
  • 91 Tahoe
  • BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    oooooohhhh good guess on the tahoe
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    A red 1962 Studebaker pickup?
    Sorry guys, missed last night. Long story short: too much alcohol.

I'll pick up on the fourth question tonight.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    88 oj Simpson style ford Bronco
    Ok, question four to get us back on track.

Since we're talking about firsts with the last question, what was the first cigar I ever had? The brand is sufficient, though the exact vitola will be worth a bonus point.
    Rocky Patel
    I'm going to guess Puros Indios, Maduro, Piramide #3.
    Aye... Puros Indios piramide #3
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Puros Indios maduro piramide #3
    madurofan:
    Puros Indios maduro piramide #3
    Looks like y'all have spared me the search... I'm going with what they said
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Puros Indio maduro - Piramide #3 ..... Going with the group!
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    I hope that the group won't start jumping off a cliff since I am going with the group again.

Puros Indio maduro - Piramide #3
    vankleekkw:
    I hope that the group won't start jumping off a cliff since I am going with the group again.

Puros Indio maduro - Piramide #3
    I gotta stop just answering ***... I gotta do my homework!
    Do I at least get extra points for being the first to correctly answer all these questions? You know, since everyone else is just copying me.
    Scrambler:
    Do I at least get extra points for being the first to correctly answer all these questions? You know, since everyone else is just copying me.
    Prove it!

Can't???

lol, you damn guys know how to search too well. The remaining questions I have will be nowhere on this or any other forum. From tonight onwards you guys are gonna have to do more than use the search function. We'll hopefully have some point spread tonight as I'll be asking a question with three separate answers. Until then, the 10-way tie continues :D.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Puros Indio maduro - Piramide #3...I've always been a lemming anyway.