5: Which actor from #4 was my favorite? Jackie Gleason
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    1: What is my favorite Rocky Patel cigar? -- Vint 90 toro
    2: How tall am I? 6-1
    3: What is my favorite Quentin Tarantino movie? Reservoir Dogs
    4: What is my favorite Paul Newman Movie? Cool Hand Luke
    5: Which actor from #4 was my favorite? George Kennedy
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Calling Luko, you're real close bud...make sure and get in on this last one.
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Damn, that means my lead isn't big enough to be secure.

Yet.

:)
    Scrambler:
    j0z3r:
    Damn, that's means my lead isn't big enough to be secure. :)
    But he's the only one who can catch you. Maddy had a chance with the last set of questions but fell one short.
  • StoogeeStoogee Posts: 157
    Who cares who won I still want to know who your favorite UFC fighters are because I to am a huge UFC fan.
    Stoogee:
    Who cares who won I still want to know who your favorite UFC fighters are because I to am a huge UFC fan.
    Well, since the question is dead...

Welterweight: Jon Fitch
    Middleweight: Anderson "The Spider" Silva
    Light-Heavyweight: Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva.
    Heavyweight: Randy "The Natural" Couture.
    j0z3r:
    But he's the only one who can catch you. Maddy had a chance with the last set of questions but fell one short.
    Ha ha, I was just messing around, but cool.

In that case, Luko called, said he won't be able to get to his computer tonight. Told me to tell you we can wrap this up!
    Personally I would go the following order but those are all good names at least you didnt choose some of the UFC idiots like Matt hughes or Tim Sylvia

Welterweight: BJ Penn
    Middleweight: Anderson Silva
    Light-Heavyweight: Forrest Griffen.
    Heavyweight: Randy Couture
    I'm not a huge BJ Penn fan...something about the guy just makes me not care for him too much. That said, I am looking forward to his fight with St. Pierre, but only because I want to see GSP give him a beat down...but, we'll see if that's the way it plays out, I know Penn's a hell of a fighter.
    He does have an attitude but in my opinion he is the most talented fighter in MMA with possibly the exception of Fedor. If he were to apply himself like some of the other fighters he would dominate the sport.Being out of shape is the only reason he ever lost to GSP or matt hughes in the first place.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    You don't like the Iceman? Before he started moving up in weight class too much and getting over the hill, he was the ***. I became a huge Griffin fan after those fights with Bonnar. Those fights were some of the best I've ever seen, legendary
    My least favorite? Tito Ortiz, hands down. You want to talk about a tool bag.
    1: What is my favorite Rocky Patel cigar?
    1992 Vintage
    2: How tall am I? 5'11"

3: What is my favorite Quentin Tarantino movie? Pulp Fiction

4: What is my favorite Paul Newman Movie? Cool Hand Luke (I'm not sure this is the right answer, but alas, it is the only one my conscience will let me give).

5: Which actor from #4 was my favorite?
    hmmm, Strother Martin? George Kennedy? Dennis Hopper? I'll say Paul Newman.
    Luko:
    You don't like the Iceman? Before he started moving up in weight class too much and getting over the hill, he was the ***. I became a huge Griffin fan after those fights with Bonnar. Those fights were some of the best I've ever seen, legendary
    My least favorite? Tito Ortiz, hands down. You want to talk about a tool bag.
    Chuck's cool, just not my favorite. I've got one I like less than Ortiz, Diego Sanchez pisses me off every time I see him... I smiled when Jon Fitch beat his a$$ and I hope it happens again in his upcoming fight on UFC 90.
    j0z3r:
    Scrambler:
    j0z3r:
    Damn, that's means my lead isn't big enough to be secure. :)
    Actually, i lied about this. Doody and Greg can possibly get there. Doody can tie, Greg can win if he gets them all. Come on guys, let's see what you've got.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    j0z3r:
    And for the final question I will actually present several questions all with the same 24 hour limit one guess per person, and all answers must be given in the same post.

1: What is my favorite Rocky Patel cigar?
    2: How tall am I?
    3: What is my favorite Quentin Tarantino movie?
    4: What is my favorite Paul Newman Movie?
    5: Which actor from #4 was my favorite?
    I'm still in the running? That doesn't seem possible!

Anyway:
    1. RP Vin 1992
    2. 6' 0"
    3. Reservoir Dogs
    4. Cool Hand Luke
    5. Kennedy

That should wrap it up.. No time to do the research. Maybe I shoulda thrown some guesses in on the UFC thing.
    That does indeed wrap it up.

I've calculated scores with my Duty-inspired analogue spread-sheet (pad of paper and pen) and...
    The winner, with 9 points, is Scrambler. Tied for second with 8 points apiece were Maddy and Luko.

And the answers.

1: What is my occupation and what part of it do i enjoy the most?
    I'm an Electrician, you all got that. What I enjoy the most is being faced with many challenges and finding ways to overcome them. That keeps things interesting.

2: Last movie I saw in a theater?
    Burn After Reading. Most of you got that.

3: First vehicle I purchased?
    1987 Chevy Suburban, 4x4 to be exact.

4: First cigar I smoked?
    Puros Indios piramide #3, maduro.

5: What three countries can I trace my heritage back to?
    Germany (50%), Sweden (25%), Poland (25%)

6: My favorite UFC fighters across the Welter, Middle, Light-heavy and Heavy weight classes?
    Welter: Jon Fitch. Middle: Anderson "The Spider" Silva. Light-heavy: Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva.
    Heavy: Randy "The Natural" Couture.

7:The five-parter.
    1: What is my favorite Rocky Patel cigar? RP Rosado
    2: How tall am I? 5'10"
    3: What is my favorite Quentin Tarantino movie? Reservoir Dogs (stuck in the middle with you)
    4: What is my favorite Paul Newman Movie? The Hustler
    5: Which actor from #4 was my favorite? George C. Scott

Thanks for playing along and sticking it out, I know I made a pretty crappy contest. Now don't let the door hit ya on the way out.
    Awesome! This contest was pretty fun, even if a few of the questions were easy to find. You still have my address on file?
    No, I seem to have deleted your address when I was cleaning house. Shoot me a pm with your info por favor. I won't be sending this out until Monday though, as I need to get the thing put together and I don't want it sitting in a warehouse over the weekend.
    Sent.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    j0z3r:
    Thanks for playing along and sticking it out, I know I made a pretty crappy contest. Now don't let the door hit ya on the way out.
    Dude, it was fun (especially for Scrambler)... These contests and the Fun & Games thread are the most fun around here... you actually learn something about people
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    That was a ton of fun Joe, dammit if I'd guessed on the two questions I missed, I would've won! Dammit, lol.
    A good time was indeed had by all. Nice contest.

What did you say the second place prize was again?
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Actually, i lied about this. Doody and Greg can possibly get there. Doody can tie, Greg can win if he gets them all. Come on guys, let's see what you've got.
    Damn... I kinda dropped out of the running after I missed a set or two of questions while I was down and out... Figured I didn't stand a chance by that point! If I'd have known I would have got back in!

Oh well... I'd have still been wrong on the last set... I'd have guessed your height at 4'2"...
    Luko:
    What did you say the second place prize was again?
    Second place prize is me saying "second place is the first loser. Better luck next time dork!" :)
    rusirius:
    Oh well... I'd have still been wrong on the last set... I'd have guessed your height at 4'2"...
    You would have been right actually. I'm 4'2" before I put on my prosthetic shin implants, they are 20" long.
    You're calling me a dork and you have shinplants???
    I know, I've got some nerve, eh? :D