Home General Discussion

Joe's 1000 post contest.

Comments

• LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    do I get a bonus for PTFTW?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Luko:
    Maybe in Doody's thread, but I don't reward page turns...in fact, I punish them... -1 point for Luko :)
    j0z3r:
    Luko:
    Maybe in Doody's thread, but I don't reward page turns...in fact, I punish them... -1 point for Luko :)
    You'll notice I didn't call PTFTW, I just asked if there was a bonus. Ah who am I kidding, I don't stand a chance anyway (lulling you all into complacency so I can blow past you for the win).
    Ah right then, -2 points for making me think something that actually wasn't. :)
    Damn, I need extra credit.
    Alright, we're past the midway point of this oh-so-lame contest. I can't believe I've posted such easy questions so far...it has been less of a contest and more of a "try and post the correct answer (which won't be hard) within 24 hours" kind of thing. Oh well, I'll try a little harder with this one.

For a maximum of three points: I can trace my heritage back to three countries through my great-grandparents, name those countries. Here is your only hint, none of these countries are located south of the equator.
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Germany, Scotland, Poland.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Spain, Germany, Ireland.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Germany, Ireland, England
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Germany, France, Luxemborg
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    England, Ireland, France
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Italy, Germany, England
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Germany, Ireland, Sweden
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Poland, Russia, France
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Netherlands, Ireland, Italy
    poland, scotland and germany.
    You guys stuck with Germany pretty well there, ya'll know something I don't? :)

Ok, I need to step up my game a bit more with this one and see some real deviation in points. I don't think I've mentioned this before, but I'm somewhat of a UFC fan. So tell me guys, who are my favorite fighters in the Welterweight, Middleweight, Light-Heavyweight and Heavyweight classes? Four different people, four different answers for four points. Here is the only clue I'll give: most of these guys have fought in different weight classes, the correct answer will be the class I like seeing them in the most.

For your answers I'll need you to tell me which weight class you're assigning a name to, I won't assume anything and just a name will yield no points. As such, points will only be awarded for the right guy in the right weight class, so it goes without saying that the right guy in the wrong class is worth nothing.
  • StoogeeStoogee Posts: 157
    BJ Penn- Welterweight Anderson Silva- Middleweight Dan Henderson- Lt. Heavyweight Randy Couture- Heavyweght
    j0z3r:
    I, for one, was playing the odds. I looked up the country of origin statistics for your last name. Having sent you stogies came in handy.

This question is gonna take some more time...
    Scrambler:
    j0z3r:
    I, for one, was playing the odds. I looked up the country of origin statistics for your last name. Having sent you stogies came in handy.
    That's what I would have done, good thinking.
  • BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    chuck lidell and Kimbo slice
    Dammit first you tell me my Germany answer is most likely wrong, now you're gonna ask about UFC fighting. Thats about the only sport I pay no attention to, ok who is the biggest UFC fan on here? That way I know who to copy off of.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Welter/light = Joe Daddy Stevenson
    Middle = Andersons spider silva
    Light Heavy = Chuck Iceman Lidell
    Heavy = Randy Coture
    BigDan.:
    chuck lidell and Kimbo slice
    Dan I specifically mentioned that I need weight classes with the name. And Kimbo isn't even UFC, he's just some backyard fighter. Would you kindly at least read the question completely before posing an answer?
    madurofan:
    Dammit first you tell me my Germany answer is most likely wrong, now you're gonna ask about UFC fighting. Thats about the only sport I pay no attention to, ok who is the biggest UFC fan on here? That way I know who to copy off of.
    If it will ease your mind, Germany was very much a right answer. I was messing around. :)
    Sweet so now all I have to do is get you to PM me your fave fighters and I'm right back in this thing :)
    Welter=Marcus Davis

Middle =Jeremy Horn

Light Heavy =Keith Jardine

Heavy =Randy Couture

welter - Georges St. Pierre

middle - Rich Franklin

light heavy - Iceman

heavyweight - Randy Couture

Man, I just realize two of my favorites didn't make this list, Bisbing and Griffin.
    And for the final question I will actually present several questions all with the same 24 hour limit one guess per person, and all answers must be given in the same post.

1: What is my favorite Rocky Patel cigar?
    2: How tall am I?
    3: What is my favorite Quentin Tarantino movie?
    4: What is my favorite Paul Newman Movie?
    5: Which actor from #4 was my favorite?
    1: What is my favorite Rocky Patel cigar? Fusion Double Maduro
    2: How tall am I? 5'9"
    3: What is my favorite Quentin Tarantino movie? Reservoir Dogs
    4: What is my favorite Paul Newman Movie? The Towering Inferno
    5: Which actor from #4 was my favorite? Steve McQueen