Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Opus X

Comments

• Options
    Does outland have a large selection or just a couple sizes, its seems like everyone talks about the **** is that the size to try?
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I didn't look at the selection in detail... She pulled the drawer open bragging about how they still had some left, muttered some syllables including "thirty," and my mind pretty much shut her out after that. If I had heard a "teen" somewhere in there, I probably would have one for myself, and could tell you more about them :)
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    the **** was the first one I found in a B&M about 5-6 months ago...had a limit of 2 for $18 a piece...needless to say, I dropped the cash...I have a few more that I picked up from another B&M that were a bit more expensive @20-22 each...tough to find anywhere near SRP
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    ebitler:
    I can't take all this opus x talk anymore. I have the day off and I'm going opux shopping I feel as though I need to experience one now.
    Hey ebitler, you have a pm. kas.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    ebitler:
    I can't take all this opus x talk anymore. I have the day off and I'm going opux shopping I feel as though I need to experience one now.
    Hey ebitler, you have a pm. kas.
    Thanks !
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Yup, I've spent nothing less than 26 for an opus... sucks, wish I could get them for 17 or so... my local shop says they get them around 3 times a year and xmas is usually a sure thing, so hopefully they will get some in, though since they are selling the ashton vsgs, and padron 26's and 64's for about the same prices as other online merchants including cigar.com I'm thinking 30 or so for the opus's will be likely... =(
  • Options
    .. But they are a fine cigar and worth the occasional splurge..I have never seen them for less than 25 bucks anywhere. If I would pay 25 why would they sell them for 17 ? Supply and demand.
  • Options
    true but hearing people paying 17 or so for them makes me jealous...
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    check your pms squirrel.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    true but hearing people paying 17 or so for them makes me jealous...

17 bucks would almost be a steal compared to what you have to pay most places

• Options
    No kidding, thanks to Kas, i was able to find several but for close to 30 bucks a stick is a lot..
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I haven't seen one of these at all, let alone be able to give a price. I want to pick up a couple and save them with my GOF for a special occasion.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I agree with you guys, i got like 2/3's through this thread and have to try one of these. May part of california i cant find them for under around 50-70 each...i kid you not i'll send the pics! C-bid has em for a decent price but still a few days left on the auction. Maybe i'll get lucky for christmas! How similar are these to GOF? I've had a few of those and they are GREAT!!
  • Options
    holly crap, are you serious? 50-70 a stick? man, I didn't know cali stuck it to ya that bad =(
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    I agree with you guys, i got like 2/3's through this thread and have to try one of these. May part of california i cant find them for under around 50-70 each...i kid you not i'll send the pics! C-bid has em for a decent price but still a few days left on the auction. Maybe i'll get lucky for christmas! How similar are these to GOF? I've had a few of those and they are GREAT!!
    Jet, buy them online, They are here from time to time but a little google work will help you find the best deals out there on them. I have found several online retailers that I consider fair, and always in stock..And no, what is it in Cali. 47% sales tax.
  • Options
    It's 48 and change for the tobacco tax, 7.25 for the sales tax plus the stores mark up which in my area is kind of high. They figure if they are good enough to sell good cigars they are good enough to charge out the wazoo. I'll keep looking online, thanks Kas!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    in the same line as opus... ANEJO

here is my story. (its short)

i walked into the B&M today. in there i found a Hemmingway BETWEEN THE LINES .... AT MSRP!!!! (one per person). but alas...
    i did not buy.

i couldnt afford them after blowing the last of my cigar budget on 2 anejo sharks... also MSRP.

he got the box in at 10 am. i got there at 3 PM. the box was already half gone. i dont think they lasted the day.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    i walked into the B&M today. in there i found a Hemmingway BETWEEN THE LINES .... AT MSRP!!!! (one per person). but alas...
    i did not buy.
    Damn, now that is showing some restraint. I just ordered a couple of Between the Lines from the Fuente family owned retailer at a good price, but I still would've snatched that up. I still need to get my hands on a Shark. I'd better go check my favorite B&M tomorrow.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    kuzi16:
    in the same line as opus... ANEJO

here is my story. (its short)

i did not buy.

i couldnt afford them after blowing the last of my cigar budget on 2 anejo sharks... also MSRP.

he got the box in at 10 am. i got there at 3 PM. the box was already half gone. i dont think they lasted the day.
    Lucky ***. I soooooo want to get my hands on a few of these. Maybe cigar.com will get a box or two.
  • Options
    Scrambler:
    kuzi16:
    i did not buy.
    Damn, now that is showing some restraint. I just ordered a couple of Between the Lines from the Fuente family owned retailer at a good price, but I still would've snatched that up. I still need to get my hands on a Shark. I'd better go check my favorite B&M tomorrow.
    wow, I've been wanting to try one of those, I'm very jealous!!! btw I wonder if it's any good...
  • Options
    im not a big cameroon fan as is... so to me thats just a way over priced cameroon.

....with a very cool wrapper and thats very rare.
  • Options
    what was the msrp? Just curios. I'm wondering if those guys have a wrapper issue while smoking, since it looks like it uses two wrappers.
  • Options
    between the lines: $18.22
    Anejo shark: $12.50

limit one on the between the lines and two on the sharks.

im gunna stop in again and see what else they my have gotten in. rumor has it that they will be getting OpusX in. ... but you know how rumors go.

they do use two wrappers. ...i have heard of burn issues but the only barber poles that i have smoked have been issue free.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    between the lines: $18.22
    Anejo shark: $12.50
    Damn, then I really got a good deal.
    kuzi16:
    they do use two wrappers. ...i have heard of burn issues but the only barber poles that i have smoked have been issue free.
    The Fuente barber poles use 2 full size wrappers layered one over the other. This ensures that the combined wrapper is uniform, minimizing burn issues. It's when you have stripes applied over a full wrapper that you're more likely to get burn issues.

Here is what I got today: Photobucket
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    That is the sexiest thing I have ever seen.
  • Options
    urbino:
    Ummm. Urbi, you need to get out more.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    kaspera79:
    urbino:
    Or get more girls to come in. Do the girl places deliver?
  • Options
    urbino:
    kaspera79:
    urbino:
    Or get more girls to come in. Do the girl places deliver?
    Have you tried Craigs List ?
  • Options
    Chinese delivery gives you heartburn and Girl delivery makes it hurt to pee :D
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    talked with owner of local b&m tuesday about opus x delivery, she was saying may be in really short supply soon. something about hurricanes and warehouses . anyone else hear this ?