Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

The Game of Football---Season 2

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
Thanks JZ for the reminder...I totally planned on doing this and forgot. Lets get it going again boys.

Ok, so how about year #2 for this game on here---in honor of the Pigskin Season.

One post per person, per week to pick the winners of each Pro Football Game that weekend...with the tie breaker being the total points scored on the Monday Night Game.

Each persons picks have to be in by 11:59pm the night before the games kickoff (ie this Saurday night, Wedneday night prior to Thanksgiving, ect.).

Winner gets a minimum of 4 cigar selection ...no rules on the sticks, but of course no Phillies or Black N Mild either. Winner of each week becomes the sender to the winner the next week...and you can play every week you are eligible if you desire.

Hope to have some takers on this one...get your picks in and I will have a nice little something out to the winner about this next time week to start the season.

Comments

• Options
    WEEK #1 PICKS....MUST BE ON BY WEDNESDAY 09/07/2010 @1159pm

Vikings @SaintsBrowns@BucsDolphins@BillsBengals@PatsColts@TexansBroncos@JagsFalcons@SteelersRaiders@TitansPanthers@GiantsLions@BearsCardinals@RamsPackers@Eagles49'ers@SeahawksCowboys@RedskinsRavens@JetsChargers@Chiefs----including total points scored in game.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Saints
    Browns
    Bills
    Pats
    Colts
    Jags
    Steelers
    Titans
    Giants
    Bears
    Cardinals
    Packers
    Seahawks
    Cowboys
    Ravens
    Chargers
    Total points of Monday nighter: 45
  • Options
    PICK THE POINTS DIAMONDOG----READ THE DAMN RULES!!!! :) J/K man, but dont want you to get cheated if your in a tie.
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    Saints
    Bucs
    Dolphins
    Pats
    Colts
    Broncos
    Falcons
    Titans
    Giants
    Bears
    Rams
    Packers
    49'ers
    Cowboys
    Ravens

MNF
    Chargers 41 points
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Saints
    Bromns
    Dolphins
    Pats
    Colts
    Broncos
    Falcons
    Titans
    Giants
    Bears
    Cards
    Packers
    Seahawks
    Redskins
    Ravens
    Cargers- 41 points
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Saints
    Bucs
    Fins
    Pats
    colts
    Jags
    Falcons
    Titans
    Giants
    Bears
    Rams
    Packers
    49ers
    Cowboys
    Jets
    Charger
    Total MNF 44
  • Options
    What did we come up with last year in reference to the tie breaker? Can more than 1 person have the same MNF score total? If the picks were tied and the score was correct what happens?
  • Options
    SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    Vulchor:
    WEEK #1 PICKS....MUST BE ON BY WEDNESDAY 09/07/2010 @1159pm

Vikings @SaintsBrowns@BucsDolphins@BillsBengals@PatsColts@TexansBroncos@JagsFalcons@SteelersRaiders@TitansPanthers@GiantsLions@BearsCardinals@RamsPackers@Eagles49'ers@SeahawksCowboys@RedskinsRavens@JetsChargers@Chiefs----including total points scored in game.
    Saints
    Bucs
    Dolphins
    Bengals
    Colts
    Jags
    Falcons
    Titans
    Giants
    Bears
    Rams
    Packers
    49ers
    Cowboys!
    Ravens

MNF= Chargers 46pts
  • Options
    JZ:
    What did we come up with last year in reference to the tie breaker? Can more than 1 person have the same MNF score total? If the picks were tied and the score was correct what happens?
    After much debate on the topic (starting about page 19 and on going some 5-6 pages) think we decided in the interest of keeping the game simple, first come first serve... closest without going over... but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.... http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/19/93595/ShowThread.aspx
  • Options
    Exactly correct....first come first serve on the points with "Price is Right" style scoring meaning...If the total points scored is 50 and Smokee guesses 48 and JZ guesses 52----Smokee wins based on being lower. Also, as I recall...we never got to that point....so worry not football warriors.
  • Options
    Sounds good, just wanted to check to ensure no issues came about to a great game. Now if Smokeee and I tie the first week as the example shows I'm gonna think there is some sort of conspiracy! jk
  • Options
    RippRipp Posts: 125
    Saints Bucs Dolphins Patriots Colts Jaguars Falcons Raiders Giants Lions Cardinals Packers 49ers Cowboys Ravens Chargers MNF Score 38
  • Options
    JZ:
    Sounds good, just wanted to check to ensure no issues came about to a great game. Now if Smokeee and I tie the first week as the example shows I'm gonna think there is some sort of conspiracy! jk
    LOL... yeah, it never came to that last year... but that would be freaky!

BTW Wed is on the 8th, so still time to get your picks in for this week! ;)
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    So I still have time to get in on this?!?!?! I've been waiting for this all year!

Even with your text message the other day, Smokee, I still forgot about this until just now! Thanks for the reminder though.

Saints
    Browns
    Dolphins
    Patriots
    Colts
    Broncos
    Falcons
    Titans
    Giants
    Lions
    Rams
    Packers
    49'ers
    Cowboys
    Ravens (I was going to take Jets but my 9 month old daughter screamed when I mentioned it)

Chargers = 39
  • Options
    Tracking spreadsheet started.....
  • Options
    Tied Up...

Who Dat!??
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    Ravens (I was going to take Jets but my 9 month old daughter screamed when I mentioned it)
    Lol- she gotta root for her homeboys! ;)
  • Options
    We are all tied lol....no Farve fans here I guess lol
  • Options
    The only bad thing about the game is Favre wasnt ended as a living creature...cant have everything I guess.
  • Options
    I like Favre. I hope he has another season like last year, though I don't see it happening.

Yes. All tied for now. Bucs vs Browns, Jags vs Broncos, and Rams vs Cardinals are the games that will really divide the pool.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    The only bad thing about the game is Favre wasnt ended as a living creature...cant have everything I guess.
    "Patience young grasshopper"
  • Options
    OK. So, since my 9 month old daughter, Jocelyn Cherie, was so adament to offer me advice during my picks, we decided to print out color pictures of all the NFL team's helmets, place the match-ups infront of her and see who she picks. Sure enough, she went for her Ravens.

So, just for the fun of it! Here are Jocelyn's picks:

Vikings
    Jaguars
    Titans
    Lions
    Bengals
    Browns
    Steelers
    Dolphins
    Giants
    Texans
    Packers
    Rams
    Seahawks
    Redskins (Sorry Smokee!)
    Ravens (She was born in Annapolis so I guess Baltimore is her team!)
    Chiefs (I'm going to laugh is she was the only one to get this!)

This should be interesting.

PS.... I actually let her pick my score this week by holding a calculator in front of her and seeing which two numbers she pressed first so her score is also 39.
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    I like Favre. I hope he has another season like last year, though I don't see it happening.

I on the other hand hate the man and think he is a attention seeking primadonna. I hope his leg falls off and fans get to mock him at a pie booth or dunk tank.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    clearlysuspect:

I on the other hand hate the man and think he is a attention seeking primadonna. I hope his leg falls off and fans get to mock him at a pie booth or dunk tank.
    See, I don't think he's an attention seeker. I don't think he's been anything but honest with teams through the years and the media likes to hype it up. For the last 3 seasons the man has turned 39, 40, and 41 years old. Each year it becomes exponentially harder to play at a high level. People ask if he's coming back for another year and all he can say is what he has said. It's a decision he has to make just before the season and only if he feels he can play at an incredibly high level.
  • Options
    No doubt the media loves this $hit, but to think Brett doesnt...is a complete overlooking who he is. He had no intention of stopping any of the last 3 years...but he damn sure wanted the attention, the extra hype for when he does well, as well as the ability to skip training camp and skill get treated like royalty. The only thing he does better than seek attention...is throw interceptions. But to his defense (kinda) he helps to hype hs league and sell gear because if you love him,..youre there to back him up and if you hate him...youre there to root for failure. Either way, you cant get rid of him-----just like herpes and aids.
  • Options
    BTW, Ive been lazy and waited for someone with the spreadsheet to keep track of games. Sorry guys..if no one puts it up, I will post numbers tomorrow.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    BTW, Ive been lazy and waited for someone with the spreadsheet to keep track of games. Sorry guys..if no one puts it up, I will post numbers tomorrow.
    I'm keeping track. Will post after the Skins vs Cowboys game. I'm definately out of the mix. Still anybody elses game. My 9 month old daughter picks better than me. Wait, before you laugh, she picks better than most of you too! LOL
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    No doubt the media loves this $hit, but to think Brett doesnt...is a complete overlooking who he is. He had no intention of stopping any of the last 3 years...but he damn sure wanted the attention, the extra hype for when he does well, as well as the ability to skip training camp and skill get treated like royalty. The only thing he does better than seek attention...is throw interceptions. But to his defense (kinda) he helps to hype hs league and sell gear because if you love him,..youre there to back him up and if you hate him...youre there to root for failure. Either way, you cant get rid of him-----just like herpes and aids.
    I disagree with pretty much everything you just said. No point arguing though. Agree to disagree.
  • Options
    OK..... here are the standings through Sunday night:

Diamondog - 10
    sirfoster83- 10
    kingjk729- 9

JZ - 8
    Smokee - 8
    Ripp - 8
    clearlysuspect - 6

Since everyone picked the Chargers to win on Monday, the following people are out of the hunt this week: JZ, Smokee, Ripp, clearlysuspect.

Since kingjk is the only person to pick the Jets to win tomorrow night, it is still possible for him to win.

Oh, and as for my 9 month old daughter, Jocelyn, she would also still be in the mix with 9 correct!!!
  • Options
    How does that work if you win back to back weeks....if you win 1 week you can't win the next?