Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

The Game of Football---Season 2

Comments

• Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I guess my picks don't count this week as I didn't get them in before midnight, but here they are anyway!

CLE
    PIT
    WAS
    ATL
    PHI
    SF
    STL
    BAL
    KC
    SEA
    DEN
    SD
    GB
    NYG = 40 pts
  • Options
    And here are Jocelyn's picks:

Cincy
    Miami
    Baltimore
    Jacksonville
    New Orleans
    Washington
    San Fran
    St. Louis
    Philly
    Arizona
    New England
    Denver
    Minnesota
    NY Giants = 50
  • Options
    Wow... pretty competitive this week. It's still up for grabs but everyone is chasing Krieg. Here's how it stands going into MNF:

Krieg - 9 (picks NYG - 44)
    Smokeee - 8 (picks Dallas - 42)
    Robbyras - 8 (picks Dallas- 47)

Others were close but cannot win from here:

JZ - 8 (picked NYG so cannot catch Krieg)
    kingjk729 - 8 (would still be very much in the running but last weeks winner)
    clearlysuspect - 8 (picked NYG so cannot catch Krieg/ ineligable)
    Jocelyn - 3 (She has a tendency to pick the team on the left. This week she went right every time but once. Had she gone left like usual, she would have only had 3 wrong.)

Special notes:
    clearlysuspect was the only person to pick Cleveland over New Orleans
    Smokeee was the only person to pick Oakland over Denver
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    Wow... pretty competitive this week. It's still up for grabs but everyone is chasing Krieg. Here's how it stands going into MNF:

Jocelyn - 3 (She has a tendency to pick the team on the left. This week she went right every time but once. Had she gone left like usual, she would have only had 3 wrong.)

Special notes:
    we got ourselves a contest this week! gonna be a fun game tonight, lol

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    27-21 dallas would work... i've never rooted for the Cowboys before... not sure i am capable of doing such things
  • Options
    Congrats Krieg! Freakin Romo! He just HAD to go and break his whatnot... the cowboys are almost as bad as the niners
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    clearlysuspect:

Special notes:
    If you and Smokeee could have put money down on Cleveland and Oakland in Vegas you'd of been paid with the bags with $ on them!
  • Options
    robbyras:
    Congrats Krieg! Freakin Romo! He just HAD to go and break his whatnot... the cowboys are almost as bad as the niners
    Thanks Rob, lol, I was little worried there in the 1st QTR when Eli kept throwing interceptions, lol. Had to go to sleep at half time though, but Giants looked like they were on their way back, hoped for a win (my first in this contest!)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    JZ:
    clearlysuspect:

Special notes:
    If you and Smokeee could have put money down on Cleveland and Oakland in Vegas you'd of been paid with the bags with $ on them!
    you have to pay no attention to JZ, he's obsessed with Vegas, he looks up on the Odds on just about anything!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Hit me up with a PM Krieg, and i'll get you a package out asap
  • Options
    kingjk729:
    Hit me up with a PM Krieg, and i'll get you a package out asap
    PM Sent!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    JZ:
    clearlysuspect:

Special notes:
    That would have been sweet!!!
    Congrats on the win Krieg! Such a close game this week!
  • Options
    NFL Week 8

Denver Broncos @ San Francisco 49ers
    Jacksonville Jaguars @ Dallas Cowboys
    Miami Dolphins @ Cincinnati Bengals
    Buffalo Bills @ Kansas City Chiefs
    Washington Redskins @ Detroit Lions
    Carolina Panthers @ St. Louis Rams
    Green Bay Packers @ New York Jets
    Tennessee Titans @ San Diego Chargers
    Minnesota Vikings @ New England Patriots
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Arizona Cardinals
    Seattle Seahawks @ Oakland Raiders
    Pittsburgh Steelers @ New Orleans Saints

MNF Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts
  • Options
    Good luck this week, my falcons will be on BYE this week, and since I won, guess I'm also on BYE, lol. I can't wait to send some smokes out to whoever wins, I got some nice peach flavored swishers to send out! ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    NFL Week 8 - my picks

Denver Broncos
    Jacksonville Jaguars Cincinnati Bengals
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Detroit Lions
    St. Louis Rams
    New York Jets
    Tennessee Titans
    New England Patriots
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Oakland Raiders
    Pittsburgh Steelers

MNF Indianapolis Colts - 50
  • Options
    Krieg:
    Good luck this week, my falcons will be on BYE this week, and since I won, guess I'm also on BYE, lol. I can't wait to send some smokes out to whoever wins, I got some nice peach flavored swishers to send out! ;)
    OOoo let it be me!!! Peach is my favorite... especial when its from GA! ;)
  • Options
    San Francisco
    Dallas
    Miami
    Kansas City
    Washington
    Carolina
    Green Bay
    Tennessee
    New England
    Tampa Bay
    Seattle
    Pittsburgh
    MNF

Indianapolis 48 points
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Lets do it...I wanna see what my politically different minded friend Krieg is gonna send if I win...I may be lucky to get Peach flavored ;)

Broncos, Cowboys, Bengals, Chiefs, Lions, Rams, Jets, Chargers, Patriots, Bucs, Raiders, Steelers, and Colts---60pts
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Broncos
    Cowboys
    Dolphins
    Chiefs
    Lions
    Rams
    Jets
    Titans
    Patriots
    Bucs
    Raiders
    Steelers

MNF Colts 46 pts
  • Options
    Smokeee:
    NFL Week 8

Denver Broncos @ San Francisco 49ers
    Jacksonville Jaguars @ Dallas Cowboys
    Miami Dolphins @ Cincinnati Bengals
    Buffalo Bills @ Kansas City Chiefs
    Washington Redskins @ Detroit Lions
    Carolina Panthers @ St. Louis Rams
    Green Bay Packers @ New York Jets
    Tennessee Titans @ San Diego Chargers
    Minnesota Vikings @ New England Patriots
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Arizona Cardinals
    Seattle Seahawks @ Oakland Raiders
    Pittsburgh Steelers @ New Orleans Saints

MNF Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts
    SF
    Boys
    Miami
    KC
    Skins
    Rams
    Jets
    Titans
    NE
    Cards
    Raiders
    Steelers

MNF= TX 55
  • Options
    OK.... I'm 3 hours late on the picks. Was over at the neighbors for a Halloween party and got a little drunk. I'm making picks this week though. Sorry.

Denver Broncos
    Dallas Cowboys
    Miami Dolphins
    Buffalo Bills
    Washington Redskins
    St. Louis Rams
    New York Jets
    San Diego Chargers
    New England Patriots
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Oakland Raiders
    Pittsburgh Steelers

Houston Texans = 48
  • Options
    That's the 4th time your picks came in on Sunday. I didn't make the game or set the rules but I would appreciate it if the rules were followed. I think we can all make some exceptions every now and then but it shouldnt become the norm.
  • Options
    JZ:
    That's the 4th time your picks came in on Sunday. I didn't make the game or set the rules but I would appreciate it if the rules were followed. I think we can all make some exceptions every now and then but it shouldnt become the norm.
    Sorry JZ. I enjoy playing this game and I believe I contribute quite a bit in keeping weekly spreadsheets and making sure everything is tracked. Being new to the whole "father" thing, I'm having difficulty keeping track of time so I would certainly appreciate a little lee way, especially on such a petty rule.

I'm not particularly sure what the point of the "picks in by midnight" rule is and I believe you make an exceptional point in stating that you didn't make the game or set the rules, especially considering that the person who did make the game and set the rules no longer plays the game due to boredom.

The number of people who participate in this game are ever increasinly disapating with an average of 6.33 participants per week.

I propose that we allow any picks before 1pm on Sunday. I also propose that we try to eliminate any other meaninless rules that we may find in an effort to attract more weekly competition. Since the game creator is no longer present in this forum and no one here is really in charge I propose the usual weekly players vote on this.

As the person who usually creates the weekly tracking spreadsheet and posts the Sunday night and Monday announcements, I usually don't make the spreadsheet until Sunday night and it usually only takes me about 10 minutes to complete the spreadsheet and double check it, so I really see no problem with this proposition at all.
  • Options
    Alright. Here is how it stands going into MNF. Almost everyone is still in it this week.

kingjk739 - 7 (picks Indy - 46)
    Vulchor - 7 (picks Indy - 60)
    Robbyras 7 (picks Indy - 50)
    Smokeee - 6 (picks Houston - 55)
    clearlysuspect - 6 (picks Houston - 48)

Those who cannot win at this point:

JZ - 6 (picks Indy/cannot catch Kingjk729, Vulchor, or Robbyras)
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    JZ:
    Sorry JZ. I enjoy playing this game and I believe I contribute quite a bit in keeping weekly spreadsheets and making sure everything is tracked. Being new to the whole "father" thing, I'm having difficulty keeping track of time so I would certainly appreciate a little lee way, especially on such a petty rule.

I'm not particularly sure what the point of the "picks in by midnight" rule is and I believe you make an exceptional point in stating that you didn't make the game or set the rules, especially considering that the person who did make the game and set the rules no longer plays the game due to boredom.

The number of people who participate in this game are ever increasinly disapating with an average of 6.33 participants per week.

I propose that we allow any picks before 1pm on Sunday. I also propose that we try to eliminate any other meaninless rules that we may find in an effort to attract more weekly competition. Since the game creator is no longer present in this forum and no one here is really in charge I propose the usual weekly players vote on this.

As the person who usually creates the weekly tracking spreadsheet and posts the Sunday night and Monday announcements, I usually don't make the spreadsheet until Sunday night and it usually only takes me about 10 minutes to complete the spreadsheet and double check it, so I really see no problem with this proposition at all.
    I can see JZ's frustration, rules are rules. But if everyone wants to take a vote and change them, then that's fine with me. But it should be a group decision and not just one guy doing his own thing. My vote will go down as a nay, I am not in favor of putting in picks right before the games start. IMO, picks need to be in earlier than that, and before all the pre-game shows come on in case it gives someone a last minute advantage over someone who put picks in earlier and doesn't have the ability to put in last minute...does that make sense?

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    I certainly appreciate your contribution to the game, I've scored some of the weeks in the past as well and know its a bit of a pain. I'm not trying to make waves, but a pick early in the week is at a disadvantage than picking just prior to kickoff. There are starting rosters that change prior to games due to injuries, suspensions etc. which would give someone the edge in their pick. I believe the rule was actually put in place to eliminate cheating. Picks are usually recorded by a few so that picks are not edited. I've played this game since its inception in 2009 and we never had a problem with people getting their picks in on time. We all have our distractions, mine include working 5pm - 5am and juggling a 1 and 3 year old while also keeping the wife happy. I am not against voting for a rule adjustment if the participants to the game would like too but Vulchor should be consulted prior. He does drop into the game from time to time and is actually participating this week.
  • Options
    sorry, double post
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    Alright. Here is how it stands going into MNF. Almost everyone is still in it this week.

kingjk739 - 7 (picks Indy - 46)
    Vulchor - 7 (picks Indy - 60)
    Robbyras 7 (picks Indy - 50)
    Smokeee - 6 (picks Houston - 55)
    clearlysuspect - 6 (picks Houston - 48)

Those who cannot win at this point:

JZ - 6 (picks Indy/cannot catch Kingjk729, Vulchor, or Robbyras)
    Looks like Kingjk won this week, IND being the winner and the combine points being 47. Not bad man, only off by 1! Should have just kept your cigars, since I won last week! lol PM me your address.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    NFL Week 9

NYJ @ DET
    MIA @ BAL
    NE @ CLE
    SD @ HOU
    CHI @ BUF
    ARI @ MIN
    TB @ ATL
    NO @ CAR