Home General Discussion

Waxing Moon Humidor Thread

12346»

Comments

• DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    That is BEAUTIFUL!
  • dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
    Humi came in today. Oh it was like Christmas morning when I saw that big box sitting on the porch!! Ed packed that box tighter than a fat girls' panties. Everything looks great to say the least. I made a trip to the store to grab a couple of sponges to start the seasoning process, get back and open the first sponge......it's damp already. Ok, thats odd. Open the second one, it's damp too! WTF?!?! Both of them were individually wrapped and the package doesn't say anything about them being pre-treated or anything. Oh well, guess the seasoning process will have to wait a day.
  • AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    Thats probably how all of the sponges you purchase at the store will be, IIRC
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I know this is an old thread but waxing moon popped up yesterday at work. I was talking with a new CPT I work with about cigars and he went to show me the humi he has and said it was a waxing moon. I was like "hey that guy used to be on the forum. he makes nice stuff!" Wasn't expecting that...
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    No one will question his workmanship, but there's a reason he isn't on the forums anymore.
  • musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    Just saw this thread for the first time today. Looks like some sweet humidors.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kingjk729:
    No one will question his workmanship, but there's a reason he isn't on the forums anymore.
    Those are some true works of art. Wonder what happened that he's no longer here?
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    pm to ya.....if he is not on forums, anyone know how to contact...would like to herf with him since we live in the same town!
    From his website. ed@waxingmoonwood.com

I don't know what happened to him. I try to stay out of the drama that can sometimes go on here. Never spoke to him myself so I can't comment other than that.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    kingjk729:
    yes. yes there is.

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Probably has something to do......with having his name on this list....
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    He got waxed.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    so i should be glad he lives in MN and not charleston any more?
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    deejmemixx:
    so i should be glad he lives in MN and not charleston any more?
    Yes Shane that's correct.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I did a Google search didn't sound very good. Shame because he had a good eye for a beautiful humi. But not the expertise to build em properly. Maybe he's better now assuming he's still doing it. But once you make that list you never get off it.
    Well he has one that is approx $600. I could get a Prometheus humi for that price.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    That's too bad, he has some beautiful stuff on his site.
  • crzydimnd68crzydimnd68 Posts: 139 ✭✭
    I had him build me a smaller 50 ct a couple years ago. It sits empty as I replaced it year ago with a better built Cuban Crafters humidor purchased from ebay. They look nice. But poorly constructed. I sent him an email letting him know I was unhappy with the workmanship and got no response. So screw him.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    crzydimnd68:
    I had him build me a smaller 50 ct a couple years ago. It sits empty as I replaced it year ago with a better built Cuban Crafters humidor purchased from ebay. They look nice. But poorly constructed. I sent him an email letting him know I was unhappy with the workmanship and got no response. So screw him.
    i have seen that story a few times