Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Phrases we hate to hear

Comments

• Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    cabinetmaker:
    "Can I borrow _____" With the full knowledge that they'll never give it back...

"Are those real?" I mean if you have to ask, the answer is probably No.
    Cabi, Can I borrow an Opus X? (I promise to return it when I'm done using it)
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    This might hurt a little, try and relax!
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    "Turn your head and cough"
    "Say "Cheese""
    "When we got the cover off, we found a lot more repairs needed"
    "Want the bad news or worse news first?"
    "You're how old???"
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    "Can I borrow _____" With the full knowledge that they'll never give it back.
    I used to love that one when I was in school. "Can I borrow a sheet of paper?", "Are you going to give it back when you're done?"
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    "Is that as big as it gets?"
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I didn't think you'd know that!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    "It's not really that hot, it's just the humidity."
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    PuroFreak:
    When someone says something is "wicked cool" or "wicked good" or something is "wicked nice"... Or any other word with "wicked" in front of it!!!!!!!!!!
    Then never come to the New England area. That **** is everywhere. It's just about the only adverb(?) used in these parts.
  • Options
    SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    "Get the F#ck Out!" Man, I hate to hear that phrase!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Last Call
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Catheter
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Last Call
    I do really hate hearing that, it usually means it's almost time to try to get a car full of drunken idiots back through the gate without getting the MPs called on us again...
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    when someone says " i could care less "...
    A. it should be could'NT
    and B. Shut up...
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Can I ask you a question? If you have to ask then you probably already know I don't want to be bothered.<BR? or I've got a stupid question for you. If you really want the answer to a stupid question go ahead. <BR? or Question for you. Just ask the damn question already!!!!!
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    Can I ask you a question? If you have to ask then you probably already know I don't want to be bothered.
    Yeah, even worse is if it comes as "can I axe you..."
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    "Let me tell you sumptin'... "

No. I don't think I'll let you.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Irregardless

No such word. It's "regardless" every time, in every context. It may be picky but it bugs me some wicked awful!
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "You want fries with that?" Hell, if I wanted fries I would have ordered fries...............Duh
  • Options
    Amos Umwhat:
    Sandman1am:
    Can I ask you a question? If you have to ask then you probably already know I don't want to be bothered.
    Yeah, even worse is if it comes as "can I axe you..."
    U gonna do what wit dat axe?
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    Irregardless

No such word. It's "regardless" every time, in every context. It may be picky but it bugs me some wicked awful!
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless

It unfortunately is in the dictionary though. I absolutely agree with you here though. It really aggravates me when people use that word. Also, somebody mentioned "I could care less", I FREAKING HATE THIS!! Evey time I get the chance to say it I emphasize the not - "I could NOT!!!!! care less" haha just one of those things that is so simple to understand but nobody seems to care.
  • Options
    Anything that comes out of Paris Hilton's suck hole
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Which 1 of the 3 are you talking about?
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    Jetmech_63:
    Which 1 of the 3 are you talking about?

HAHA...Zing!

How about "Just throwin it out there"
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    bandyt09:
    "You want fries with that?" Hell, if I wanted fries I would have ordered fries...............Duh
    Oh come off it Todd, everyone wants fries whether they order them or not...how can one deny the allure of deep fried potatoes? Wink [;)]
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    "irregardless

an erroneous word that, etymologically, means the exact opposite of what it is used to express, attested in non-standard writing from at least 1870s (e.g. "Portsmouth Times," Portsmouth, Ohio, U.S.A., April 11, 1874: "We supported the six successful candidates for Council in the face of a strong opposition. We were led to do so because we believed every man of them would do his whole duty, irregardless of party, and the columns of this paper for one year has [sic] told what is needed."); probably a blend of irrespective and regardless . Perhaps inspired by the double negative used as an emphatic. Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper"

:-D
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    Now what?

Pretty much as rude as it gets in 2 words.
  • Options
    "Looks like beetle damage"
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    "Whatever"
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    "However, we regret to inform you that..."
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    ejenne87:
    bigharpoon:
    Irregardless

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless

It unfortunately is in the dictionary though. I absolutely agree with you here though. It really aggravates me when people use that word.
    haha, totally agree here. That crap gets me every time. and I think it pi$$es me off even more knowing that so many people have used it, that its in the dictionary now. haha