Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

College Bowl Season Game----Year II----GAMES HAVE STARTED

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
Time is here again boys, same rules I think.... here it is from last year

Low risk relatively, but high reward for the winner and 2nd place. Here it is I will post all games, or post a link to all games in Bowl Season (Dec 18th- January 10th) everyone picks the winners of every game. Also, as a tie breaker, have to give the total points scored of the National Championship game and the Rose Bowl Game (separately of course). Top 2 participants in the game decided by wins and tie-breaker if needed... win.

The winner gets a little pack of 3 cigars (although Im hoping people send more like 5-7) from 60% (the first 60% of people who sign up) of the people who lost. The 2nd place person gets a package from 40%. A winner could get a few dozen depending on how many participate and the MOST you could lose is 3 sticks or so (again, we're all generous, 5-7). I will give names of who sends to who after season is over. Its a nice long game with a good reward possibility and lots of chances to win.

Comments

• Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    I'm in.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Would it be easier for you if you found a website (yahoo, espn, etc) that has a pickem league that we could sign up for? That sure would take you a long time to go through all the games. I know you can set these up by invitation only and can name it ccom. Also, I'm interested.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    undulac:
    Would it be easier for you if you found a website (yahoo, espn, etc) that has a pickem league that we could sign up for? That sure would take you a long time to go through all the games. I know you can set these up by invitation only and can name it ccom. Also, I'm interested.
    Yup very true! And I'm in!!
  • Options
    Ya know----probably could, and if someone wants it set it up, sounds good-------But for my nontechnical self----this is better. Gives me something to do as well,. and others helped last year. Keeps people from having to sign up for ESPN or anything-----but Im willing to adapt brother--------any way you could set it up somewhere so everyone can view?
  • Options
    I'm good either way, just thought it might be easier for ya. But if ya want, lets post them here. As soon as the deadline is hit, print out the pages, just so we dont have any edits.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    IM IN!
  • Options
    No biggie to me Zeeb------I just ask someone else set it up online, I am not the biggest internet guy on earth so it will probably be easier if someone else could.Lets do this, everyone who is in---let us know if you want do it it just here, or through another outside site to track the games. Whatever people want Im cool with, but PLEASE everyone pick one way so we dont have everyone saying what I am (aka either way is good). If online is picked, if you could set it up Undulac----you sir would be the man.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I'm in... and I can set it all up on yahoo if it pleases everyone... I've been setting up the fantasy leagues and whatnot for a while, so it's no biggy... either way I'm in!
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    As last years winner I think it only best that I try to defend my title. I'm in and do not really care but would rather keep it on the forum. Keeps it to one site and we all did our part in making sure that things ran well. Just the Champs opinon.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in, either here or an outside venue works for me. Just let me know who to send my sticks to when it's all over.............................................
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Im in sir!
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    I'm in, either here or an outside venue works for me. Just let me know who to send my sticks to when it's all over.............................................

Have you checked out the NOR CAL HERF THREAD?
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Vulchor - Didn't mean to take it away from you, I just thought I'd save you some time but if it gives you something to do, then God bless you for taking the time to do this for us. I'm easy and good either way. Sounds fun. I must have missed this last year, then again I wasn't into a lot of games and trades at the time. Thanks again!!
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I'm in. I say keep it on site, but whatever works best for you, sir!
  • Options
    Bobbo2009:
    Bobbo don't know if you are on the good traders list yet but you might want to try and get on it before you start to get involved with the games, passes, and bombs.

Vulchor your game so what say you? Didn't see anything in 1st post about being on Good Traders List, are you going to include this in the rules?
  • Options
    I agree Sandman, just kinda figiure that into the rules for all the games---but I forget sometimes. Bobbo, we want you to play Bro, no doubt. Get in a trade or PIF or something and we'll get you in. IU think a guy last year had the same thing and we let him in and he became a good trader during the game. Bobbo, I will even do a trade of sorts of you want with me. Shoot me a PM with what you have or are looking for and we'll get you on there.

• Options
    Also...no worries at all Undulac, I appreciate the ideas man. A few others said they like it here too---so if its cool we'll just stick with that. We will post picks and such here and keep track here, everyone can help make sure scoring is correct as well. I will also edit the 1st post right now and put the names of those who are in.
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    Bobbo2009:
    Bobbo don't know if you are on the good traders list yet but you might want to try and get on it before you start to get involved with the games, passes, and bombs.

Vulchor your game so what say you? Didn't see anything in 1st post about being on Good Traders List, are you going to include this in the rules?
    Sniper and I just bombed the hell out of Bobbo and through the PM's with him I think he is here to stay so I will vouch for him. If he doesn't pay up I will cover his "buy in" if that is ok with you Vulchor.
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    bandyt09:

Ozzie, I did check it out, probably would be a game time decision on that one. Will be trying to get up there over the summer months so I will keep you posted.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    Sandman1am:
    Bobbo2009:

Sniper and I just bombed the hell out of Bobbo and through the PM's with him I think he is here to stay so I will vouch for him. If he doesn't pay up I will cover his "buy in" if that is ok with you Vulchor.
    If bandy vouches for him I don't have a problem with it(that's how I got my start)....and I do remember someone getting their wings either right before or during the begining of the game. We def want more players in on this and Bobbo if you need someone to trade w/give me a bump I'm sure we can fig. something out.
  • Options
    Sounds fine to me----no problems at all. Bobbo, you are now in full participating status:)
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    bandyt09:

Ozzie, I did check it out, probably would be a game time decision on that one. Will be trying to get up there over the summer months so I will keep you posted.

Cool Beans I know In Jan it might be DIfficult for some get there right after christmas etc.......Getting this together now will be bcool But I would truly like to Organize a Serious Gathering in better westher months, where we could get Vendors etc Involved. There are enough of us around here in the Nor Cal Area to work on this and really there are like several Cigar Lounges and Cigar Shops in this area with Dozens of mewn and women that Go to Events at these places .
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    bandyt09:
    Sandman1am:
    Bobbo2009:

If bandy vouches for him I don't have a problem with it(that's how I got my start)....and I do remember someone getting their wings either right before or during the begining of the game. We def want more players in on this and Bobbo if you need someone to trade w/give me a bump I'm sure we can fig. something out.
    Thanks bandy and sandman1am. I didn't even think about being on the good traders list when I said I was in. If everyone else is ok with me being in great. If anyone does have any misgivings I totally understand. Being new around here I haven't had the time for any trades or bombing runs of my own. I will step out if asked to. Hopefully I can get a small trade together with someone soon. Or maybe even do a small bomb. Thanks again everyone and good luck with your picks!!

Rob
  • Options
    Bobbo2009:
    Sandman1am:
    bandyt09:
    Sandman1am:
    Bobbo2009:

Thanks bandy and sandman1am. I didn't even think about being on the good traders list when I said I was in. If everyone else is ok with me being in great. If anyone does have any misgivings I totally understand. Being new around here I haven't had the time for any trades or bombing runs of my own. I will step out if asked to. Hopefully I can get a small trade together with someone soon. Or maybe even do a small bomb. Thanks again everyone and good luck with your picks!!

Rob
    No problem here. Brandy and Sandman just bombed ya.....return fire on em...lol
  • Options
    zeebra:
    Bobbo2009:
    Sandman1am:
    bandyt09:
    Sandman1am:
    Bobbo2009:

Rob
    Or you can BOMB Shawn (zeebra), I'll PM you his addy, LOL...........
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    zeebra:
    Bobbo2009:
    Sandman1am:
    bandyt09:
    Sandman1am:
    Bobbo2009:

Rob
    Or you can BOMB Shawn (zeebra), I'll PM you his addy, LOL...........
    Shawn might be a better target seeing as how he is trying to sell me out!!! I never bombed the new guys!!! I don't want to scare them away from the forum for good! That was someone else bro. I think it was Sniper.....
  • Options
    New Mexico Bowl----BYU vs UTEP----Dec 18th @ 2pm ESPNHumanitarian Bowl----Northern Illinois vs Fresno State----Dec 18th @ 530pm ESPNNew Orleans Bowl----Ohio vs Troy----Dec 18th @ 9pm ESPNB-O-B-Bowl----Southern Miss vs Louisville----Dec 21st @8pm ESPNLas Vegas Bowl----Utah vs Boise State----Dec 22nd @8pm ESPNPoinsettia Bowl----Navy vs S.D. State----Dec 23rd @8pm ESPNHawaii Bowl----Hawaii vs Tulsa----Dec 24th @ 8pm ESPNLittle Caesars Bowl----FIU vs Toledo@830pm ESPNIndependence Bowl----Air Force vs Ga. Tech----Dec 27th@5pm ESPN2Champs Bowl----W.Virginia vs NC State----Dec 28th @630pmESPNInsight Bowl----Missou vs Iowa----Dec 28th@10pm ESPNMilitary Bowl----E.Carolina vs Maryland----Dec 29th @230pm ESPNTexas Bowl----Illinois vs Baylor----Dec 29th@6pm ESPNAlamo Bowl----Oklahoma State vs Arizona----Dec 29th @915pm ESPNArmed Forces Bowl----Army vs SMU----Dec 30th @12pm ESPNNew Era Bowl----Kansas State vs Syracuse----Dec 30th @320pm ESPNMusic City Bowl----North Carolina vs Tennessee @640pm ESPNHoliday Bowl----Nebraska vs Washington---@10pm ESPNCar Care Bowl----South Florida vs Clemson----Dec 31st ESPN@1200pmSun Bowl----Notre Dame vs Miami----Dec 31st CBS@2pmLiberty Bowl----Georgia vs Central Florida----Dec 31st @330pm ESPNChick-fil-A Bowl----South Carolina vs F.S.U.----Dec 31st @730pm ESPNTicketcity Bowl----Northwestern vs Texas Tech----Jan 1st 12pm ESPNUOutback Bowl----Florida vs Penn State----Jan 1st @ 1pm ABCCapital One Bowl----Alabama vs Michigan State----Jan 1st @1pm ESPNGator Bowl----Mississippi State vs Michigan----Jan 1st @ 130pm ESPN2Rose Bowl----Wisconsin vs TCU----Jan 1st @ 5pm ESPN [INCLUDE TOTAL POINTS SCORED]Fiesta Bowl----UConn vs Oklahoma----Jan 1st @ 830pm ESPNOrange Bowl----Stanford vs VA Tech---- Jan 3rd @ 830pm ESPNSugar Bowl----Ohio State vs Arkansas----Jan 4th @ 830pm ESPNGoDaddy.com Bowl----Midd. Tenn. vs Miami (Ohio)----Jan 6th @ 8pm ESPNCotton Bowl----LSU vs Texas A&M----Jan 7th @ 8pm FOXCompass Bowl----Pitt vs Kentucky----Jan 8th @ 1200pm ESPNFight Hunger.com Bowl----Nevada vs Boston College----Jan 9th @ 9pm ESPNBCS Championship Game----Oregon vs Auburn----Jan 10th @ 830pm ESPN [INCLUDE TOTAL POINTS SCORED]
  • Options
    lol @ sandman and brandy! I dont need the destruction right now.

^ we need some formatting...lol
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Here we go......

BYU
    Fresno State
    Ohio
    Louisville
    Boise State
    Navy
    Hawaii
    FIU
    Ga Tech
    NC State
    Iowa
    E. Carolina
    Illinois
    Oklahoma State
    SMU
    K State
    Tenn.
    Nebraska
    South Florida
    Miami
    Georgia
    South Carolina
    Texas Tech
    Florida
    Michigan State
    Michigan
    WISCONSIN----79, 55 belonging to Bucky's Badgers
    Oklahoma
    Stanford
    Arkansas
    Miami Ohio
    LSU
    Pitt
    Nevada
    Oregon----68

Should be interesting!
  • Options
    Should indeed-----just in case of some wierd ties, so everyone knows........1st tiebreaker will be total points of both games and whoever was the closest of the 2 combined. 2nd tiebreaker will be winner of Championship game. 3rd will be winner of Rose Bowl. 4th will be the point difference for Championship and then Rose Bow if needed.....If we are still tied after this, it gets sent to a higher power because the odds of such happening are astronomically small.