Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

College Bowl Season Game----Year II----GAMES HAVE STARTED

Comments

• Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Hey guys I already responded to Vulchors pm to me. Just thought I should let everyone know why I didn't get my picks in. My computer & phone took a dump this past week. Just got a new phone & couldn't type out all my picks. I feel its the right thing to do to for last years champ to send this years champ a winning package. So whoever wins I will send a nice something to pass the torch. The only thing that I ask is that the new champ send a "stink bomb" to the person with the worst record. It was all in good fun last year lol. Good luck to everyone & go Michigan State. If you didn't pick them you will not win!!!! Lol. Oh & if you ask me I'd say let those that didn't get their tie breakers in but only let it count against others that didn't get them in on time.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Bumpers
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I suck!!
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Well Sandman won last year---and didnt get in this year. I finished 2nd, and am in dead last so far this year-----Looks like a year for some new winners. The standings are as follows going into todays games:

Bandy, Bobbo, RobbyRas, Firetruck----7SirFoster, Dennis, RedTail----6JZ, KingJK, Zeebra---5Undulac---4AND YOURS TRULY-----3
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    pretty thankful for Iowa right about now.
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Well Sandman won last year---and didnt get in this year. I finished 2nd, and am in dead last so far this year-----Looks like a year for some new winners. The standings are as follows going into todays games:

Bandy----8Bobbo, RobbyRas, Firetruck----7SirFoster, Dennis, RedTail----6JZ, KingJK, Zeebra---5Undulac---4AND YOURS TRULY-----3

Looks like we got a log jam at the top. (Bandy only has 7 wins. He is stuck with the other three of us). Should be an interesting four days with alot of games between now and Saturday. With a little on the line I am really getting into every game this year. It might be the first time I catch every bowl game. Good luck guys. Enjoy the rest of the games.

Rob
  • Options
    Corrected it----thanks Bob
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    i guess those 6 years I spent working in college athletics are finally paying off!
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    WTF IS WITH THESE GAMES.....A JOKE THAT MOST OF THESE TEAMS ARE EVEN IN A BOWL GAME.IT KILLS me the comercializtion of this stuff.....its really joke. Play on men my picks suck! Lol
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last nights games KILLED me. However, I never thought I would even win 7 games, LOL.........
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    Last nights games KILLED me. However, I never thought I would even win 7 games, LOL.........

Yeah man, I'm with you on that. Damn Iowa!!! I'm surprised I'm over .500 right now. Still a lloooooooooong way to go though.
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    WTF IS WITH THESE GAMES.....A JOKE THAT MOST OF THESE TEAMS ARE EVEN IN A BOWL GAME.IT KILLS me the comercializtion of this stuff.....its really joke. Play on men my picks suck! Lol
    I would agree with you Ozzie it is about money. Take a look at Cam Newton and all that mess. Then I know you are not going to like me bringing up Ohio State and their players, but how do you justify letting them play in this game but being suspending next year? Thats messed up. Iowa was the only team that I know that had players actually have to sit out of a bowl game, lol that's because they were brought up on criminal drug charges. You are very right in saying it is all about the comercializtion and the money.
  • Options
    Bobbo2009:
    Vulchor:

Bandy----8Bobbo, RobbyRas, Firetruck----7SirFoster, Dennis, RedTail----6JZ, KingJK, Zeebra---5Undulac---4AND YOURS TRULY-----3

Looks like we got a log jam at the top. (Bandy only has 7 wins. He is stuck with the other three of us). Should be an interesting four days with alot of games between now and Saturday. With a little on the line I am really getting into every game this year. It might be the first time I catch every bowl game. Good luck guys. Enjoy the rest of the games.

Rob
    Nice job guys! I'm following this with my own predictions at the house and I'm not doing so well either. Stick with it because if I remember correctly I was in the middle of the pack until after the 1st of the year. Oh boy oh boy oh boy I can't wait to light one of you BORK's up!!!
  • Options
    Getting my azz handed to me........
  • Options
    I have lost the last 10 in a row and 12 out of the last 13..........................
  • Options
    today could possibly be a big game changer. so many games, this could go any way.
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    I would agree with you Ozzie it is about money. Take a look at Cam Newton and all that mess. Then I know you are not going to like me bringing up Ohio State and their players, but how do you justify letting them play in this game but being suspending next year? Thats messed up. Iowa was the only team that I know that had players actually have to sit out of a bowl game, lol that's because they were brought up on criminal drug charges. You are very right in saying it is all about the comercializtion and the money.

Yeah I am with you on the Buckeyes thing even though they are my team .. it makes no sense .. NOW the ULTIMATUM deal .. either you come back and play next year and not go pro or sit out the Bowl game?
    The reality to me is this, They shouldnt be suspeneded at all... Its a Bullshit deal. No proof of anything but other peoples word on the Tattoo deal. then the Seeling the stuff thast is THIERS to begin with is BULLSHIT.. Do you know how many troiphys and Championship rings from all sports are out there for sale on corner Pawn Shops.... TONS, In a Place here in Sacramento alone there are Oakland Raisers , 49 ers Oakland A's Chargers, every Team out here has Championship rings etc on sale that have ben pawned. SPorts isnt wothj a damn these days Its ALL ABOUT MONEY!
  • Options
    I'm on the other side Oz, I think they made a joke out of the tradition that is so highly regarded. If they wanted to wait until after they went pro to sell stuff, that's their decision, but while they play for the school that is giving them the jerseys and rings, they need to honor that institution. I think they should've had to sit out the bowl game instead of the first five games. I also think Cam Newton should never have got the Heismann based on the speculation surrounding him. It's like you said, it's all about the money.
  • Options
    Sorry to bash the Buckeyes---but I agree with Oz. I also know that some teams get that treatment because they "travel well". That treatment I am referring to is the fact they could go 7-4 and still make a BCS game. Sorry-----they didnt deserve this game this year, nor have they deserved their high ranking for several of the past years.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    Sorry to bash the Buckeyes---but I agree with Oz. I also know that some teams get that treatment because they "travel well". That treatment I am referring to is the fact they could go 7-4 and still make a BCS game. Sorry-----they didnt deserve this game this year, nor have they deserved their high ranking for several of the past years.
    One loss is certainly deserving of a number 8 ranking and a bcs bowl game. Either way. What Pryor and Posey and the rest did was disgraceful in my opinion
  • Options
    Enough about the Big Brothers of the Poor:)

On to the good news....and bad news. Below are the updated standings...along with people who CANNOT win or finish 2nd. Feel free to check my math, I do it by hand and not the computer whiz so who knows.17-----RobbyRas16----Bobbo, Firetruck15----Undulac14----JZ, Bandy13-----RedTail12-----Vulchor, KingJK, Zeebra11----SirFoster9-----DennisDennis, SirFoster, King JK, Zeebra, Redtail, and YOURS TRULY.......have been eliminated.
  • Options
    Vulchor:

On to the good news....and bad news. Below are the updated standings...along with people who CANNOT win or finish 2nd. Feel free to check my math, I do it by hand and not the computer whiz so who knows.17-----RobbyRas16----Bobbo, Firetruck15----Undulac14----JZ, Bandy13-----RedTail12-----Vulchor, KingJK, Zeebra11----SirFoster9-----DennisDennis, SirFoster, King JK, Zeebra, Redtail, and YOURS TRULY.......have been eliminated.

Man I have to Learn to Stop following my heart I would be blowing you all away! I picked for my wifes pool and Shes got more than all of us and I didnt just copy hers to ours WHAT AN IDIOT!
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Vulchor:

Man I have to Learn to Stop following my heart I would be blowing you all away! I picked for my wifes pool and Shes got more than all of us and I didnt just copy hers to ours WHAT AN IDIOT!
    After a great start and looking at the final picks I do believe I am mathmatically eliminated.
  • Options
    Speaking of which, what are the standings now?
  • Options
    Vulchor:

seven games left... hang on baby... just haaaaaaaaang on...
  • Options
    robbyras:
    Vulchor:

Dude......your and my last 7 games couldnt be more diffrent. Should be interesting :)
  • Options
    firetruckguy:
    robbyras:
    Vulchor:

Dude......your and my last 7 games couldnt be more diffrent. Should be interesting :)
    it's funny... i had this idea of doing research and making educated selections... and I ran out of time so I literally spent about a minute on each game...
  • Options
    ilminated?
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    ilminated?
    no illumination... so I guessed on some... who really knows anything about Middle Tennessee State anyway?
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    robbyras:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    ilminated?
    no illumination... so I guessed on some... who really knows anything about Middle Tennessee State anyway?
    I know a few things. . .

1. They are in Tennessee.
    2. In Tennessee, they are in the middle.
    3. They have a football team that is apparently playing this week.