Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

College Bowl Season Game----Year II----GAMES HAVE STARTED

Comments

• Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Not sure of anyone is watching the orange bowl, but it feels like Stanford should be up by more than one...
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought the same about the time you posted it----but by the end (when I was watching shome $hitty movie) I wished it was a little closer, lol
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Good luck fellas. In case I forget, winner, please PM me with your addy. Thanks!
  • Options
    undulac:
    robbyras:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    ilminated?
    no illumination... so I guessed on some... who really knows anything about Middle Tennessee State anyway?
    I know a few things. . .

1. They are in Tennessee.
    2. In Tennessee, they are in the middle.
    3. They have a football team that is apparently playing this week.
    I know that, as of today, I am a Middle Tennessee Fan!!! WOO HOO!! GO... uh.... hang on... gotta google them and find out what their mascot is...ok... got it...

GOOOOO BLUE RAIDERS!!!
  • Options
    oh ***, Ive thrown out the spreadsheet I made with the scores. Of course I can just print out again, but damn-----time to search.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    oh ***, Ive thrown out the spreadsheet I made with the scores. Of course I can just print out again, but damn-----time to search.
    PM me, I can send you what I have.
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    I have to go out of town tomorrow and am unsure when I'll be back so whoever I send to it may be late but I will make it worth the wait. Sorry Kinda an unforseen thing.
  • Options
    I can do that Bandy----but if you wanna keep track of the last scores on here...that woudd be awesome for me as well. I will write up at the end, who sends to who....but help with teh scoring updates would be grrrreat for me.....busy f'in week.
  • Options
    can we get a scoring update? at last check I had the lead with 17... Pretty sure I have 18 now... should have 19 but Ohio State cheated, as always...

relax... just kidding...
  • Options
    Yes, just kidding-------except for the Ohio State part;)
  • Options
    Scoring update:

robbyras, Bobbo2009 18 wins
    Firetruckguy, undulac 17 wins
    JZ 16 wins
    Bandyt09 15 wins
    Redtailhawkoz, Kingjk729 14 wins
    Sirfoster83, Vulchor, zeebra 13 wins
    dennisking 11 wins
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    robbyras:
    can we get a scoring update? at last check I had the lead with 17... Pretty sure I have 18 now... should have 19 but Ohio State cheated, as always...

relax... just kidding...

Ohio State Cheated? How do you get that? They NEVER cheat are you kidding me? Oh except 40 years ago when woody punched that player! LOL
    GO BUCKS
  • Options
    defensive battle in the GoDaddy.com bowl... 3 min into the 2nd and it's 14-14 and there have been no punts or turnovers... get the ball, score a TD... whoever has it last wins....
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Well guys, we are down to two more games. To those of us that are still in it good luck! I usually only have a bet on one or two games during the bowl season. It's been fun to have something riding on all games this year. I don't think I have missed a game (I didn't watch every second of every game though). Thanks again for all the fun guys!!!
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Whats the update?
  • Options
    firetruckguy:
    Whats the update?
    Unofficially this is what I have:
    Bobbo2009 21
    Firetruckguy 20
    Undulac, Robbyras 19
    JZ, Bandy, Red 17
    King, Sirfoster 16
    Vulchor, Zeebra 15
    Dennis 14

I think they are right. I haven't doubled checked them in a couple of days though.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Oh did I royally screw up!!!! I just read the updates and saw that I had 19 points. I'm in another league online and have 20 points and used the same pics so I'm wondering why the discrepancy. Well, jackass me accidentally typed in Tennessee when I wanted North Carolina. That would have given me 20 points and feeling much better. That will teach me to wait until the last second and not double check my work. I still have a shot for second, but I think it's too little too late. This was fun and defiantly worth it. Thanks Volchar again for starting this!
  • Options
    If Nevada can hold on we'll have a 3 way tie for second... and I'm the only joker who picked Nike University... 33-30 Oregon sounds good to me
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    If Nevada can hold on we'll have a 3 way tie for second... and I'm the only joker who picked Nike University... 33-30 Oregon sounds good to me
    I picked UO, since I do live in Oregon and go to at least one game a year. Tomorrow night will be epic.
  • Options
    robbyras:
    So here we go. Since the winner has been determined, it is a race for second. If Oregon wins, you get second. If Auburn wins, myself and firetruck tie for second and it goes to the points. (Also, please see my last post just so you can rub it in. I feel like wrapping a 9 iron around my neck!!) haha
  • Options
    Sooooo...we are saying Bobbo is the winner???(I think so anyway) AND CONGRATS!!!

Bobbo------please PM you address to myself, SirFoster, JZ, Dennisking, RedTail, and King JK. You will be receiving winnings from each of us.

Who ever finishes 2nd, please PM your addy to the remaining players (except the winner) to claim your winnings over us obviously losers;)
  • Options
    Vulchor, how does the tie breaker work? If Oregon wins tonight, robbyras get second alone and it won't make a difference. If AU win, myself and firetruck guy tie. Is it closest to the score? Are you allowed to go over? We also had to pick the Rose Bowl game. Does that count or only if we tie the championship game? It's no big deal, I just would like to know so I have a little more interest in tonights game if I knew the rules. Thanks!!!
  • Options
    undulac:
    Oh did I royally screw up!!!! I just read the updates and saw that I had 19 points. I'm in another league online and have 20 points and used the same pics so I'm wondering why the discrepancy. Well, jackass me accidentally typed in Tennessee when I wanted North Carolina. That would have given me 20 points and feeling much better. That will teach me to wait until the last second and not double check my work. I still have a shot for second, but I think it's too little too late. This was fun and defiantly worth it. Thanks Volchar again for starting this!

OUCH!! That really sucks man. I did something like that once in a March Madness pool. Cost myself a few bucks because I didn't notice I wrote down the wrong team to win it in the finals. Good luck to you in tonights game!! To be fair though, good luck to Rob and Firetruck guy as well!
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    undulac:

A Likley Story! ROTFLMAO ... I picked for my wife in her pool she is in the winners list I am not so I get it!
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    Sooooo...we are saying Bobbo is the winner???(I think so anyway) AND CONGRATS!!!

Bobbo------please PM you address to myself, SirFoster, JZ, Dennisking, RedTail, and King JK. You will be receiving winnings from each of us.

Who ever finishes 2nd, please PM your addy to the remaining players (except the winner) to claim your winnings over us obviously losers;)

Thanks!! I still can't believe I got lucky enough to take this down. After something that happened this morning in my personal life this win has helped me feel a little better. Thanks again Vulchor for putting this together. I had fun.
    Good Luck to you guys still fighting out for second place.
    Rob
  • Options
    Not gonna ask Bobbo....not cause I dont care, but I know personal matters can be tough-----I will just good luck with whatever it is youre going through and Im glad to can have a little joy here bro.
  • Options
    undulac:
    Vulchor, how does the tie breaker work? If Oregon wins tonight, robbyras get second alone and it won't make a difference. If AU win, myself and firetruck guy tie. Is it closest to the score? Are you allowed to go over? We also had to pick the Rose Bowl game. Does that count or only if we tie the championship game? It's no big deal, I just would like to know so I have a little more interest in tonights game if I knew the rules. Thanks!!!
    Ok Undulac....I will try to answer simply, but often I get long winded, lol

OU wins----RobbyRas winsAuburn wins, there is a tie. Closest pick to the actual score (over or under doesnt matter) would then win.------If that is a tie, goes to whoever was closer in the total points scored in the Rose Bowl (over under doesnt count here either)
  • Options
    Congrats to Bobbo on his win, way to go.

Good luck to Firetruckguy and undulac with Auburn and to Robbyras who has Oregon.

I am kind of like a stats nut guy and here are a few interesting things from the pool this year.

Longest winning streak goes to undulac with 11 consecutive wins.

Longest LOSING streak goes to Bandyt09 with 10.

No one thought that Utah would beat Boise St as we all picked Boise St.
    Conversely, no one felt any love for Central Florida as we all thought Georgia was the one.

Bobbo2009 was the only one that "knew" Tulsa would take down Hawaii.

Dennisking felt the love for Army as wel all went with the dance partner of SMU.

Robbyras went out on a limb with Washington and made everyone else look foolish for sticking with Nebraska.

Hope someone else finds this as interesting as I do.
  • Options
    I think you gave us similar stuff on the game last year man----I love that stuff. Games like the one for Robby can be the huge---Bobbo too obviously.......So can picking nearly every game wrong like I did , LOLLLLLLLLLLL..............Glad everyone seemed to enjoy the game....were only 11 months from doing it all again;)
  • Options
    Okay, here we go. . .

Congrats to bobbo for winning!!!

Like Volchor stated, if Oregon wins, Robby gets second place and it's over.

If Auburn wins, there are three scenarios. . .

Total points are 72 or under - firetruckguy comes in second.
    Exactly 73 point are scored - it would be an exact tie which would go to the Rose Bowl points and I would come in second since I was closer in points to the final score.
    Total points are 74 or higher - I would finish in second.

This way everybody is on the same page and we all have interest in tonights game. I still want to kick myself though. lol