Home General Discussion
Options

New England HERF.. Updated Location... Updated Time

Comments

• Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Rob1110:
    We're staying at the Secret's Silversands in Cancun (Maya Riviera). Can't wait. Just looking forward to relaxing in some warm weather with some good cigars, good booze, good food and mostly, my girl. Have you been before? Just saw there's a Casa del Habano in Cozumel and one in Playa del Carmen, so that's a plus.
    We've been to the Iberostar in the Mayan Riviera (Quintana Roo) a couple of times and loved it. We're going to try "Dreams" (Mayan Riviera also) in Feb. Just be careful in Playa Del Carmen (if you go). Don't stray off the beaten path too much.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    KCW:
    We've been to the Iberostar in the Mayan Riviera (Quintana Roo) a couple of times and loved it. We're going to try "Dreams" (Mayan Riviera also) in Feb. Just be careful in Playa Del Carmen (if you go). Don't stray off the beaten path too much.

Thanks for the heads up about Playa. Did you visit any other towns while there? Any worth the trip off the resort? How about the ruins in Tulum? I've heard mixed reviews on them. Some say they're worth the trek, others say don't bother. It's an all day thing if we go and is a bit pricey so I wanna know if it's even worth it.
  • Options
    Rob1110:
    KCW:

Thanks for the heads up about Playa. Did you visit any other towns while there? Any worth the trip off the resort? How about the ruins in Tulum? I've heard mixed reviews on them. Some say they're worth the trek, others say don't bother. It's an all day thing if we go and is a bit pricey so I wanna know if it's even worth it.
    We didn't do any of them because it was an all day thing and we wanted to hang at the resort, drink, relax, smoke some cigars, eat, etc. But, when we went to Playa del Carmen we had a great cab driver who warned us about a few things and waited for us while we were there (we had our two small kids with us). It's really small. Alot of pedlers selling crap (including fake ISOMS). BTW. The ISOMS I saw were really expensive.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. I'm not sure if we'll end up going to Tulum or not, or even to Playa or Cancun. If we do, I wouldn't buy ISOMS anywhere but Casa del Habano. I know anything outside of that in Mexico is definitely going to be fake. I bought a fake ISOM in Cozumel purposely to see if I could spot some of the differences. The ash looked like burnt plastic and the taste was horrible.
  • Options
    bummpers
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I'm probably out, that's a long way away, but I guess that's what I get for living in the boonies.
  • Options
    cleakecleake Posts: 21
    The Colonel:
    Durham, bout 15 miles west of Brunswick.. but a long way from Mass or CT..
    Wow a couple of Mainers!!! I live fairly close (Gardiner) - I dont find to many Mainers on the boards I frequent
  • Options
    RaschNutsRaschNuts Posts: 882
    cleake:
    The Colonel:
    Wow a couple of Mainers!!! I live fairly close (Gardiner) - I dont find to many Mainers on the boards I frequent
    Ya i think im the only one here in NH :(. I live in Dover NH so if we want to get a Maine/NH Herf going also i wouldnt mind doing that.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    RaschNuts:
    cleake:
    The Colonel:
    Ya i think im the only one here in NH :(. I live in Dover NH so if we want to get a Maine/NH Herf going also i wouldnt mind doing that.
    That'd be sweet!
  • Options
    Im thinking it would have to take place in NH :( The shops around here are lacking for lounges.
  • Options
    cleake:
    Im thinking it would have to take place in NH :( The shops around here are lacking for lounges.
    the B&M i go to in Dover isnt really a lounge but he has a couple chairs and couches to chill out at and he is a good guy. Been introducing him to the MOW line..

Also not sure if you guys in maine can host maybe that might work also.
  • Options
    AdcuriumAdcurium Posts: 179 ✭✭
    Am i too late here? Providence has some really great cigar lounges and bars.
  • Options
    Adcurium:
    Am i too late here? Providence has some really great cigar lounges and bars.
    No for most the HERF will be Feb 5th at Victory Cigar in Worcester
  • Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    BTW I in. :) for the 5th
  • Options
    Just Edited 1st Post with Date, Location and whos in. We can figure out time when its closer. If you In and not on the list let me know and ill add you.
  • Options
    RaschNuts:
    cleake:
    the B&M i go to in Dover isnt really a lounge but he has a couple chairs and couches to chill out at and he is a good guy. Been introducing him to the MOW line..

Also not sure if you guys in maine can host maybe that might work also.
    MAYBE Calabash in South Portland? Unless you feel like a trip to Augusta....we can pollute my buddies living room LOL
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Im in and may drag a buddy or two with me.
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    Im in and may drag a buddy or two with me.
    No worries i will prob do the same
  • Options
    Not to change anything up since I suggested Victory bar but I just found another Cigar bar in Worcester and I use to work there when It was a regular bar. It is roomier and looks cool just a thought. http://www.cigarmastersworcester.com/index.htm
  • Options
    cooch36:
    Not to change anything up since I suggested Victory bar but I just found another Cigar bar in Worcester and I use to work there when It was a regular bar. It is roomier and looks cool just a thought. http://www.cigarmastersworcester.com/index.htm
    Im fine with either one. I think worcester is the best place for everyone going. So what does every one else that will be there think?
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    RaschNuts:
    cooch36:
    Im fine with either one. I think worcester is the best place for everyone going. So what does every one else that will be there think?
    I was at Cigar Masters for the Pats - Ravens Game! It was a really good take! I talked to a buddy that said that this was quite bigger than Victory and has a much better selection. They were also cool to let you smoke your own as long as you bought cigars - basically 1 for 1. If you dont buy, they are going to charge you a cutting fee. --And before you bash the store -- its MA law that in order to smoke inside 60+% of your revenue must come from the sale of tobacco. If they let people bring their own the revenue would drop and they would lose their grandfather to smoke inside. Once they lose their liscense they cannot get it back......
  • Options
    makes no difference to me
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    RaschNuts:
    cooch36:
    I was at Cigar Masters for the Pats - Ravens Game! It was a really good take! I talked to a buddy that said that this was quite bigger than Victory and has a much better selection. They were also cool to let you smoke your own as long as you bought cigars - basically 1 for 1. If you dont buy, they are going to charge you a cutting fee. --And before you bash the store -- its MA law that in order to smoke inside 60+% of your revenue must come from the sale of tobacco. If they let people bring their own the revenue would drop and they would lose their grandfather to smoke inside. Once they lose their liscense they cannot get it back......
    Sounds cool. Hey I'm a contractor and I don't like when a customer wants to buy all their own *** either for slightly diff reason and the same, it is a buss so the objective is to make money selling product so I understand. Sounds good to me I've been to Victory several times and I know the layout of Cigar masters so I'd for one would vote Cigar masters as it would be a new place for me! Selfish I know........
  • Options
    cooch36:
    Fourtotheflush:
    RaschNuts:
    cooch36:
    Sounds cool. Hey I'm a contractor and I don't like when a customer wants to buy all their own *** either for slightly diff reason and the same, it is a buss so the objective is to make money selling product so I understand. Sounds good to me I've been to Victory several times and I know the layout of Cigar masters so I'd for one would vote Cigar masters as it would be a new place for me! Selfish I know........
    They both new for me so like i said im game with what everyone else wants. I did notice that Vicotry has some attractive looking females working there.
  • Options
    FYI. I'm up in the air. If its all right I may sneak in at the last minute if I can. Not sure right now. Also wanted to bump this up.
  • Options
    KCW:
    FYI. I'm up in the air. If its all right I may sneak in at the last minute if I can. Not sure right now. Also wanted to bump this up.
    Kcw where you from?
  • Options
    KCW:
    No worries. I think we got 5 Deffinates unless something changes. And 2 of us might bring one or two more people.
  • Options
    cooch36:
    KCW:
    Kcw where you from?
    Needham Mass
  • Options
    Welp looks like were gettin some snow tomorrow their sayin like 15 to 20 for central ct
  • Options
    smokeater187:
    Welp looks like were gettin some snow tomorrow their sayin like 15 to 20 for central ct
    We looking at about 8-14 inches right now