Home General Discussion

Cabinet Humidor For Sale

Comments

• Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    rwheelwright:
    I've wanted one for a long time. It would make life so much easier with all the singles I have in zip lock bags, tupperware and less humidor maintanance. I have 9 humis. However, I had originally wanted a regular wood cabinet to use as a piece of furniture. This makes it easier for me with maintanance.
    What he said.....
    Mine should be here tomorrow, weather permitting. I really hope this gets here tomorrow. Otherwise the guy said the lift truck will not be available on Monday. It's gonna be hard enough to get it inside the house but off the truck without a life then in the house could be a BIT*H!!! I'm excited to get this thing up and running....then filled up.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    Alex Svenson:
    Sandman1am:
    rwheelwright:
    Sandman1am:
    Alex Svenson:
    rwheelwright:
    For those of us in the cotm club, can we use our discount of top of that price?
    LOL I guess I never pondered that. Well COMC gets you 10% off anything except actual club membership cost and gift certificates, that is the way I advertise it and a deal is a deal. Ill honor 10% for COMC members.
    Wow even better! Now if I can only get a hold of Tim. Emailed last night and just called....Tim's away from his desk!!!! Oh well at least I got to wish Kelly a Happy New Year ;)
    Oh... Kelly! ;-) Hottest cigar smoking chic!
    I can not comment on that, because I have never seen her & have only ever spoken to her over the phone or e-mail.

What I can say is smoking hot is this deal that I just got from CCOM on this cabinet!!! Tim hooked me up and this should be here by next week. Excited oh so very excited! Guess Tim was very busy with end of the year reviews so it took him a bit to get back to me. I like a little suspense every now and then. Thanks to Alex for honoring COTMC 10% off and to Tim for the other stuff you looked up for me. Oh and the forum for allowing me to share my happiness.
    Congrats on your purchase!!
    Thanks Alex. Now just need to clear out a space in the office for it.
    I'm sooo jealous of you right now, congratulations! post some pics when u get it setup!

"Long ashes my friends."

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Sandman1am:
    Mine should be here tomorrow, weather permitting. I really hope this gets here tomorrow. Otherwise the guy said the lift truck will not be available on Monday. It's gonna be hard enough to get it inside the house but off the truck without a life then in the house could be a BIT*H!!! I'm excited to get this thing up and running....then filled up.
    Wow man, about time you found your dream humidor. Just think back to a year or two ago when I first introduced you to the idea of your own humidor and a cigar collection! Now I have an excuse to come up to see you for a smoke!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Waiting for mine. No call yet from the shipper.
    I got a call today from the shipping company and bad news the truck with the lift wasn't coming to my area today. What the hell? How can they tell me today it would be delivered peding weather and then call me today and say they can't deliver it until Monday?

Not really happy with the shipping company right now. When I talked to the guy on the phone he said " I didn't want it to get there and you have an issue." I was thinking he was the one who had the issue!!! Anyway I'm just venting a little because I didn't get it today. I was hoping to have it all set up by now and my waiting would be for the RH & Temp to get perfect. Now I'm going to be waiting almost another week for this thing to be up and running.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Sandman1am:
    Alex Svenson:
    Sandman1am:
    rwheelwright:
    Sandman1am:
    Alex Svenson:
    rwheelwright:
    For those of us in the cotm club, can we use our discount of top of that price?
    LOL I guess I never pondered that. Well COMC gets you 10% off anything except actual club membership cost and gift certificates, that is the way I advertise it and a deal is a deal. Ill honor 10% for COMC members.
    Wow even better! Now if I can only get a hold of Tim. Emailed last night and just called....Tim's away from his desk!!!! Oh well at least I got to wish Kelly a Happy New Year ;)
    Oh... Kelly! ;-) Hottest cigar smoking chic!
    I can not comment on that, because I have never seen her & have only ever spoken to her over the phone or e-mail.

What I can say is smoking hot is this deal that I just got from CCOM on this cabinet!!! Tim hooked me up and this should be here by next week. Excited oh so very excited! Guess Tim was very busy with end of the year reviews so it took him a bit to get back to me. I like a little suspense every now and then. Thanks to Alex for honoring COTMC 10% off and to Tim for the other stuff you looked up for me. Oh and the forum for allowing me to share my happiness.
    Congrats on your purchase!!
    Thanks Alex. Now just need to clear out a space in the office for it.
    I'm sooo jealous of you right now, congratulations! post some pics when u get it setup!
    +1
    Alright guys I got my cabinet humidor in today. It was packaged perfectly and looked beautiful when I finally got her inside and in place. This thing is huge!!!! The picture of this thing that Alex posted doesn't do it justice. It is amazing all around with the way that it looks and so far the way that it is operating. I could smell the Spanish Cedar before I even opened the door. When I did open the door the cedar smell was overwhelming and I almost fainted.

Right now she is seasoning and sitting at 67F and has climbed to 55 RH from 47 RH in about 2 hours. I'm thinking she will be ready to be filled in few days. I took some pics of her empty and will post them with Tat's help when he's done with school for the day.

So far the two bad things are #1 the outside while it was protected by plastic it was a SOB to get off from the 3 sides. #2 the area where you add the water is waaaay in the back on the bottom in the corner. It was difficult to get the water into and I spilled some. This made things difficult as I had to guesstimate how much water I didn't get into the tank. I was conservative and have a feeling I will have to add a little more water. The good things about those negatives are that the unit was protected and there wasn't a scratch on it....this thing could have probably been dropped off the back of the truck and not been damaged. The other is hopefully I won't have to fill this thing with water too often.
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    SO AWESOME!!! can't wait to see the pics!
    I got a call today. Mine is being delivered tomorrow. To bad I won't be able to set it up till maybe Weds. I gotta do some side work tomorrow after regular work.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I'm so F'n envious!!!! Psyched for you guys. I'm re-doing my house right now. Living in my basement w/the fam. I would love to be able to set up something like that next to the bar when this place is done.
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Good call on the water bottle with a straw....who comes up with these great ideas? My poor planning on this thing was not getting enough beads and not getting a water bottle with a straw. I now am dead set on getting an MMA water bottle so I can show it off with all my karate trophies to my kids & grandkids when I find a woman shallow enough to finally marry me!!!! Yahooo!
  • absolutjerabsolutjer Posts: 120
    Sandman1am:
    Right now she is seasoning and sitting at 67F and has climbed to 55 RH from 47 RH in about 2 hours. I'm thinking she will be ready to be filled in few days. I took some pics of her empty and will post them with Tat's help when he's done with school for the day.

Can't wait to see pics of this baby. I sure it's going to be a beautiful thing once she's filled up!
    I'm going to start filling her up tonight. I just will not have time to post any pics because I'm exhausted. I will try to get them up by the weekend. Thanks for your patients.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Sandman1am:
    Thanks for your patients.
    I didn't realize we had sent you any patients, that's kinda messed up!! ;)

Sandman tells me it is all filled up - he went to bed apparently. Can't wait to see the pics, Tony!
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    If it's all filled up, you gotta tell how many you crammed in there - we all know these things are never accurate when it comes to the cigar count
    I filled mine up tonight and after i struggled with organizing i gave up and just threw as much as i could in there. *** that organizing thing. I have no patience for this ***.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    I filled mine up tonight and after i struggled with organizing i gave up and just threw as much as i could in there. *** that organizing thing. I have no patience for this ***.
    Thank goodness you have cigars to help you relax, LOL.
    Still waiting for pics guys . . .
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Yeah I want to see some pics of these babies. Please upload some pics guys!
    I have been having humidity issues with mine. Think I got it all figured out just need about 4 or 5 days and I will be able to open her up and take some good photos of it filled. Keep your pants on and I will get back to you guys in a week....unless you want to see the unfilled pics?
    Sandman1am:
    I have been having humidity issues with mine. Think I got it all figured out just need about 4 or 5 days and I will be able to open her up and take some good photos of it filled. Keep your pants on and I will get back to you guys in a week....unless you want to see the unfilled pics?
    It is a pain in the ass isn't it? I had to add much more water than it states. I have mine around 68 - 69 now.
    rwheelwright:
    Sandman1am:
    It is a pain in the ass isn't it? I had to add much more water than it states. I have mine around 68 - 69 now.
    I talked to the guy who designed this. The trays are made with Brizilian Spanish Cedar and are shipped with about 3% RH from the factory. Because of the inclosed cabinet and our very dry air right now we will have to add more water and actually season the trays by wiping them down with a towel or sponge. I don't normally do this but if they are telling me to do it then I am going with what they say. Just so you know I spilled a little water on one of the trays and it soaked it right up before I could wipe it up. He also told me that they are in Florida and that was a general set up instructions for down there where getting their humidity in a cabinet would be easier then say up here.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    What is Brazilian Spanish Cedar?
  • Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    Spanish cedar grown in Brazil would be my guess :p
    Sandman1am:
    rwheelwright:
    Sandman1am:
    I talked to the guy who designed this. The trays are made with Brizilian Spanish Cedar and are shipped with about 3% RH from the factory. Because of the inclosed cabinet and our very dry air right now we will have to add more water and actually season the trays by wiping them down with a towel or sponge. I don't normally do this but if they are telling me to do it then I am going with what they say. Just so you know I spilled a little water on one of the trays and it soaked it right up before I could wipe it up. He also told me that they are in Florida and that was a general set up instructions for down there where getting their humidity in a cabinet would be easier then say up here.
    I'm confused now - these things were supposed to be sealed, right? Kinda weird that you're having this much trouble with it

If you could do it again, do you think you'd buy it again?

• HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    sol1821:
    Russ55:
    Spanish cedar grown in Brazil would be my guess :p
    Kinda like an Equadorian Connecticut wrapper I guess? lol
    xmacro:
    Sandman1am:
    rwheelwright:
    Sandman1am:
    I'm confused now - these things were supposed to be sealed, right? Kinda weird that you're having this much trouble with it

If you could do it again, do you think you'd buy it again?

They are sealed very well. The instructions are not as good as they should be for adding water and seasoning the humidor. The cedar is just very dry and needs to be seasoned propery. As of right now if I had talked to the design guy before it would have been much easier on set up. If it works well after I get it at the right RH then I would say yes. So far beyond this little bump in the road I am very happy with the unit itself.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    blurr:
    Yeah I want to see some pics of these babies. Please upload some pics guys!
    +1...me too! :)