Home General Discussion
Options

The unofficial “AJ WE WANT CORONA VITOLA” thread!!!

Comments

• Options
    LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    I've been on a buying hiatus for months since my hobby was entering hoarding territory. This was too attractive to pass on and it was hard to buy only one.

I hope once I can smoke myself some room, these have entered regular production!
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    LeftFive:
    I've been on a buying hiatus for months since my hobby was entering hoarding territory. This was too attractive to pass on and it was hard to buy only one.

I hope once I can smoke myself some room, these have entered regular production!
    Yeah, I only was going to buy one, but as I was checking out, I thought to myself that only 2 of each stick isn't nearly enough.

So I got two of the blitz instead.

• Options
    SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    Agreed! I got 2 as well. I really hope this sampiler sticks around. I love Coronas! I wonder what will happen to the ones that don't sell on the Blitz? I hope they'll be added to the limited cigars that are by phone call only. I'll be callin!
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I only got 1 due to finances and space, but I also hope these either go into regular production or at least some 'leftovers' will be available someday down the road. I love coronas too and can't wait to see how these sticks translate in this vitola.
  • Options
    I expect they will be great. I got the double happiness sampilers and smoked them as 5x48. The ruination, mow, and diesel were very good!
  • Options
    lbowles2lbowles2 Posts: 1
    Is there any more of these samplers left? I love coronas and AJ Fernandez's blends... I would think they would be awesome!!
  • Options
    It was a weekend blitz Last weekend so the deal isn't around anymore. Call Ccom and find out if they have any left they could sell you.
  • Options
    Hey has anyone tried any of these yet? I got two samplers but I want to rest them a bit. I'm interested to see if anyone has lit one up yet?????
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    lbowles2:
    Is there any more of these samplers left? I love coronas and AJ Fernandez's blends... I would think they would be awesome!!
    They're still left, I saw the warehouse partner jam these earlier. Call Ccom and I bet they can hook you up.
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    SmokySuit:
    Hey has anyone tried any of these yet? I got two samplers but I want to rest them a bit. I'm interested to see if anyone has lit one up yet?????
    i believe j0z3r posted that he tried a couple yesterday
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    415:
    SmokySuit:
    kuzi16:
    yuo guys wont be disappointed with these. seriously.

in the last two -three weeks i have had the Ruination Carona, Diesel Unlimited corona, and the Man O' War corona. they are all great. the ruination corona is a great size for this stick.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    SmokySuit:
    I am so tempted to try one, but I'm holding out until at least May or June. Every time I break my 8-12 week rest policy I usually say to myself 'I should have waited a little longer' lol.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    415:
    SmokySuit:
    kuzi16:
    yuo guys wont be disappointed with these. seriously.

in the last two -three weeks i have had the Ruination Carona, Diesel Unlimited corona, and the Man O' War corona. they are all great. the ruination corona is a great size for this stick.
    The corona really is a great size for the Ruination. Diesel Unlimited was good, I like the bigger rings better though. Virtue has fail written all over it, flavor was ok for the first inch then faded to nothing. La Herencia Cubana was good, but better in a larger ring. Diesel is very nice, more flavorful than the Unholy Cocktail or Shorty vitolas imo.
  • Options
    Wow the diesel is more flavorful than the shorty? Mmmmm now I must try that, maybe tomorrow.
  • Options
    LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    I caved and had Tim add a second pack to my order.

They're all resting, but I had a LHC on my way home from work today and loved it. I've only had the Oscuro Fuerte in the regular sizes, so I can't say how the regular edition measures up.
  • Options
    So I've smoked my way through the AJ Fernandez corona sampler. Here are my brief thoughts on each cigar.

MoW Original: Does very well in the 5x42 corona vitola, flavors are dense and complex and the strength comes through more fully than in larger ring sizes.

MoW Ruination: My favorite of the coronas, like the original it does very well in a corona, I would say based on the one smoked I prefer it over the standard sizes. Quite strong.

Diesel Unlimited: This one does not outperform its bigger brothers, the flavor is there just not as much, the strength comes through in spades.

Diesel: More full flavored and complex in comparison to the Unholy Cocktail and Shorty sizes. Strength is comparable though.

Ave Maria: Not terribly different from the Knight Templar (6x48) in terms of overall flavor and strength. A good size for the blend though and one I enjoyed.

La Herencia Cubana: Good, not great. A larger ring benefits this cigar with a more full flavored, complex approach. Still good, but not preferred in a corona.

La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte: Preferred the corona to the standard sizes I've had, more complex and full flavored and the strength matched the flavor profile, something I found to be lacking in the other, larger sizes.

MoW Virtue: FAIL!!!

So there it is, my opinion of course, so take it with a grain of salt. For the most part, this was a worthwhile venture. I love coronas and am always on the lookout for a good one. If I had to pick one line to see in full production as a 5x42 corona, my pick would be the Ruination, I felt it was the shining star of the sampler. If I could pick two, Ruination and MoW original...if three, I'd add the LHC Oscuro Fuerte, and my fourth would be the Diesel.

As a last note. I think it is very cool being able to see the dynamic shift a blend undergoes when the dimensions are changed, some were quite drastic while others were quite similar to their larger counterparts, but all were interesting to say the least, except for the Virtue, that was just bad.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like we need to add corona to the ruination lineup!!
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:
    Yes!!! That would be killer, I can tell you right now I'm in for a couple boxes.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Alex Svenson:
    Yes!!! That would be killer, I can tell you right now I'm in for a couple boxes.
    Damn, when I grow up I want to be like Joe........
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    agreed. im a fan of it.

now how about an armada corona?
    ...probably asking too much...
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    .....MoW Virtue: FAIL!!!

So there it is, my opinion of course, so take it with a grain of salt. For the most part, this was a worthwhile venture. I love coronas and am always on the lookout for a good one. If I had to pick one line to see in full production as a 5x42 corona, my pick would be the Ruination, I felt it was the shining star of the sampler. If I could pick two, Ruination and MoW original...if three, I'd add the LHC Oscuro Fuerte, and my fourth would be the Diesel.

As a last note. I think it is very cool being able to see the dynamic shift a blend undergoes when the dimensions are changed, some were quite drastic while others were quite similar to their larger counterparts, but all were interesting to say the least, except for the Virtue, that was just bad.
    The virtue really comes out of it's awful shell if you hold onto it for about a year, much like the Rocky Patel Connecticut.

• Options
    bacon.jay:
    j0z3r:
    .....MoW Virtue: FAIL!!!

The virtue really comes out of it's awful shell if you hold onto it for about a year, much like the Rocky Patel Connecticut.

That's neither here nor there in this case, this was in regards to the corona. All the other Virutes I've had have been at least decent whether OTT or rested for a little while, the corona was not decent.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Diesel corona please.
  • Options
    docbp87:
    Diesel corona please.
    +1 The Diesel is the only one have I smoked so far (i wannted to give them a week in the humi) and it was great! I found it to have a bit more spice than the UC, with a lot of mocha. I got 2 sampilers so I have 4 of each cigar. For the next week or 2 thats all I'm going to be smoking. I did the Diesel tonight, I'll be the Diesel Unlimited tomorrow, then the LH, LH Oscuro, Ave, MOW, Virtue, Ruintation.
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:
    If you could get AJ to add some of these to the regular line up I would be ecstatic! Either as a standard size that I could buy boxes of or even if this sampler was made available on a daily basis.
  • Options
    It's settled, I'm in love. I hope these sampilers or some of the best sticks (Diesel, MOW, Ruination, LH) make a long term visit in this size!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I'm working my way through the ruination corona right now, and I have to say it's absolutely fantastic.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I was actually thinking about lighting one up tonight. Either the Ruination or an ITC 10th from my aging humidor.
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Bump this up. Alex what/when are those Corona vitolas you had AJ make up going to hit?!?! I would love to get in on that.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    JSaint:
    Bump this up. Alex what/when are those Corona vitolas you had AJ make up going to hit?!?! I would love to get in on that.
    You mean aside from the samplers?