Home Ratings & Reviews

Cu-Avana Intenso Punisher

Comments

• nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Classic! Feel the lip burn!
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Remember to wash your hands thoroughly after you smoke one of these. Especially if you plan on urinating...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    I was telling my 28 year old youngest son about the Punisher (he doesn't smoke anything, never has) and I told him to stick the tip to his lips so he could see what I was tallking about. The result was freakin hilarious as he ran from the room holding his mouth telling me I was crazy. It took me a while to stop laughing. I told him not to worry his lips would go numb shortly!
    Fantastic.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    I was telling my 28 year old youngest son about the Punisher (he doesn't smoke anything, never has) and I told him to stick the tip to his lips so he could see what I was tallking about. The result was freakin hilarious as he ran from the room holding his mouth telling me I was crazy. It took me a while to stop laughing. I told him not to worry his lips would go numb shortly!
    The hilarious...the only bad thing is you may never get him to smoke with you, oh well more for you.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    Remember to wash your hands thoroughly after you smoke one of these. Especially if you plan on urinating...
    :O Yikes.
    Light 'em up.
  • SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    JCizzle:
    Russ55:
    ...thats got to be a joke...right???
    Who is crazy enough to try it!?!?!
    SmokySuit:
    JCizzle:
    Russ55:
    ...thats got to be a joke...right???
    Let me just say this...I rubbed my eye while smoking a Punisher and the burn carried over. Not as bad as rubbing your eyes after handling a hot pepper, but it wasn't pleasant either.
    Wooooow! I must try this. Can you get just them yet or are they still only in the sampiler?
    Do it! Call ccom, I'm sure they can get you some singles
    Think so? Ive never called, I always order online.
    SmokySuit:
    Send an email. That's what I usually do, have never called in myself.
    I usually email them and they always take care of me, that's what I did for the punishers
    Anyone specific or just the service email?
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    SmokySuit:
    I have called once, when I ordered my box of Camacho PE, and talked to the Beard himself. I never told him who I was just what i wanted and he comes back and tells me, "Ok Todd, I can get this in the mail the next day, how does that work for you?" I said ok and was wondering, "How in the hell did you know who I am?". I just chalked it up to the POWER OF THE BEARD.................Totally worth it to call just for the experience and I HATE calling people!

bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    SmokySuit:
    I have called once, when I ordered my box of Camacho PE, and talked to the Beard himself. I never told him who I was just what i wanted and he comes back and tells me, "Ok Todd, I can get this in the mail the next day, how does that work for you?" I said ok and was wondering, "How in the hell did you know who I am?". I just chalked it up to the POWER OF THE BEARD.................Totally worth it to call just for the experience and I HATE calling people!

One of these days...I'm just afraid that if I do call in I'll end up buying half of cigar.com's inventory.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    SmokySuit:

One of these days...I'm just afraid that if I do call in I'll end up buying half of cigar.com's inventory.
    Yeah, only half is left, I think the other half is in my humi already.
    SmokySuit:
    Anyone specific or just the service email?
    send an email to the great and powerful Beard:
    tblythe @ cigar.com
    of course without the spaces.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    So I had a strange experience with this cigar. First of all, I didn't hate the flavor, it was actually quite good. I did, however, notice that my lips felt like they'd been brushed with capsaicin after I'd smoked it. Also, did anybody else notice that this stick seemed as if it might have been dyed?
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    betasynn:
    Also, did anybody else notice that this stick seemed as if it might have been dyed?
    I did notice that, my fingers were a bit brown after I attempted to smoke this one. Hopefully that is not the case because I see that as a cheap attempt to make the cigar "prettier"
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    A lot of cigars are dyed, but the amount that this cigar seems colored is a little ridiculous. Right up there with the montecristo reserva negra.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I noticed no color transfer at all with mine
    Me either, maybe it has something to do with whatever process it is that brings on the "lip burn"
    fla-gypsy:
    I noticed no color transfer at all with mine
    Same here.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I finally tried the one Niko gave me. It was good. The lip burn thing wasn't a big deal for me. It just added a spicyness to the pepper flavor which was nice. It's a fairly complex smoke for something so full bodied. You don't see that too often. I've got a 5 pack that I think I'm going to sit on for a while. I'm interested to see what age will do to this one.
  • Gents,

I just tried one of these out of the "Full Bodied Tap Out" sampler that I ordered.

This is definitely one of my new favorites!

I see the Cu-Avana Intenso on Cigar.com but I can fins Cu-Avana Punisher.

Are they not available by the box or in a single stick?

Thanks
    sleeper1969:
    Gents, I just tried one of these out of the "Full Bodied Tap Out" sampler that I ordered. This is definitely one of my new favorites! I see the Cu-Avana Intenso on Cigar.com but I can fins Cu-Avana Punisher. Are they not available by the box or in a single stick? Thanks
    Welcome to the forum sleeper.
    You can order a 5 pack for I think around 34.00, but you need to call or email a customer service rep. Email "The Beard" he can help. tblythe @ cigar.com without spaces of course.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    sleeper1969:
    Gents, I just tried one of these out of the "Full Bodied Tap Out" sampler that I ordered. This is definitely one of my new favorites! I see the Cu-Avana Intenso on Cigar.com but I can fins Cu-Avana Punisher. Are they not available by the box or in a single stick? Thanks
    What we have are special pre release batch. The official launch won't be for another month or so. They will be available in a belicoso size in a tube. There may be a special shorty size too in a 4.5 x 60 size
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Smoked my 2nd one in another Intenso "In extremis" Saturday and I find that I really like the burn and the flavor. Lovers of hot sauce should find this stick interesting. I have acquired 2 more as a result of my testing.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Smoked one this morning when the power went out, intensely awesome stick just felt it got a little bitter in the final 3rd, loved the lip burn though.