Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Cu-Avana Intenso Punisher

13»

Comments

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Hayblet:
    Smoked one this morning when the power went out, intensely awesome stick just felt it got a little bitter in the final 3rd, loved the lip burn though.
    I agree it does come around as it burns down. For me it was about the half way mark or either that was when my lips finally went numb and I started noticing the flavor. LOL
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    fla-gypsy:
    Hayblet:
    Smoked one this morning when the power went out, intensely awesome stick just felt it got a little bitter in the final 3rd, loved the lip burn though.
    I agree it does come around as it burns down. For me it was about the half way mark or either that was when my lips finally went numb and I started noticing the flavor. LOL
    LOL. I was blaming it on the peppery meal I had just eaten. But, I guess everyone is experiencing the same.
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    fla-gypsy:
    Smoked my 2nd one in another Intenso "In extremis" Saturday and I find that I really like the burn and the flavor. Lovers of hot sauce should find this stick interesting. I have acquired 2 more as a result of my testing.

now i'm intrigued :)
  • Options
    SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    HOT DAMN!!! I mean it - HOT! This is a great smoke as well, great construction and I picked up some coco notes, and tons of spice. When will the boxes of these be out?!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i wonder what this cigar will be like in 10 years....

one way to find out...
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't gotten around to smoke these yet but I will very soon I have two sitting in the humi.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kuzi16:

one way to find out...
    Hop in the hot tub time machine? Big Smile [:D]

I'm curious myself as to how these will age. Based on smoking one, I'm of the opinion that 3-4 years will max this one out...now I could be, and most likely am, wrong, but something about the cigar tells me it won't lend well to long term aging.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:

one way to find out...

I'm curious myself as to how these will age. Based on smoking one, I'm of the opinion that 3-4 years will max this one out...now I could be, and most likely am, wrong, but something about the cigar tells me it won't lend well to long term aging.
    well... next time i order i will get two of them if i can and i will smoke one soon and the other will sleep for a long time.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:

one way to find out...

well... next time i order i will get two of them if i can and i will smoke one soon and the other will sleep for a long time.
    Matt, I've got 2 of them to send your way if you'd like to do a blind trade on 'em, let me know.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:

one way to find out...

Matt, I've got 2 of them to send your way if you'd like to do a blind trade on 'em, let me know.
    uh... lemme think on that. i have to check the humidor and see what i am willing to trade.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    bandyt09:
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:

one way to find out...

uh... lemme think on that. i have to check the humidor and see what i am willing to trade.

Cool, just send me a PM if you are interested.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Anyone else notice that the spice aspect seems to rub off a bit if they're placed next to other cigars? It's really not surprising considering how potent the burn can be on some of them.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Bumping this one up... just received my box off the DD. Great box, all individual dividers and each stick in an aluminum tube. Total time on the BBT was under 24 hours so I didn't feel to bad about lighting one up right away. Definitely an unexpected bite at first. Do they dip the end in Texas Pete's? Overall a great, slow, easy burning smoke. Lots of flavor. Have a glass of water handy to relieve your lips. I enjoyed it a lot, didn't think it was crazy powerful though.
  • Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Good review I am waiting to try one. Might give it a shot this weekend.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    I received one in A bomb recently. After reading your review I think I'll wait A while before lighting this one up. There's A chance I'm not man enough to handle this one at this time.
  • Options
    Just started smoking one...al I van say is wow. I have a tingling feeling on the lips. Flavor is very nice and actually pretty smooth.
  • Options
    I think it is a great smoke. It is potent but smooth at the same time. It is definitely the Louisiana Hot Sauce of cigars but hey I love that stuff
  • Options
    I have to agree with you gypsy. Very nice smoke. How does the intenso compare in your opinion?
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    granneja:
    I have to agree with you gypsy. Very nice smoke. How does the intenso compare in your opinion?
    The Intenso isn't as spicy to me, but I honestly think it has a fuller body. It won't kick your sinus quite as hard on the retrohale either, but I have the Intensos in churchill size, and after 90 min of Intenso, I feel it way more than 90 min of Pvnisher... could just be me though.

they are both good smokes, but for the dif in cost, I'll smoke the intenso 4 to 1 over Pvnisher. Pvnisher is more "complete" and more spicy, but Intenso is a great smoke when you want a true powerhouse cigar, imho.
  • Options
    I agree, Intenso is not quite as polished and smooth as the punisher but always a fav of mine. In the Intenso I prefer the Gordo and Torpedo over the other sizes
  • Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    This cigar is kicking my ass! Smoking one right now to see if I liked it to buy the shorty edition 5 pack. Lips are burning! Tons of pepper taste. Mellowed out a bit after an inch and a half or so. Still getting pepper, some wood, a bit of burnt coffee taste. Definitely glad a I ate something before I had this stick. I can feel it in my gut and head.
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    asianbiker8:
    This cigar is kicking my ass! Smoking one right now to see if I liked it to buy the shorty edition 5 pack. Lips are burning! Tons of pepper taste. Mellowed out a bit after an inch and a half or so. Still getting pepper, some wood, a bit of burnt coffee taste. Definitely glad a I ate something before I had this stick. I can feel it in my gut and head.
    I'm telling you guys.. A punisher badge should be in the works :D
  • Options
    That is a good smoke! Glad to see you enjoyed it as much as I did.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Haven't tried one of these bad boys, yet, but definitely ready to put this on my "kill" list!
  • Options
    scarlin:
    asianbiker8:
    I'm telling you guys.. A punisher badge should be in the works :D
    I have smoked the Intenso and Punisher in the same day, I call it Intenso in extremis