Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin this morning?

Comments

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jasonc1982:
    Well I tried a Room 101 Namakubia Equador this morning. I didn't like the normal Namakubia so I was hoping I'd enjoy this stick. And I don't know WHY I bought a salomon. Either way I couldn't make it half-way through it. I don't want to step on anybody's toes...but Room 101 cigars are just bad cigars. Well made...just taste horrible. This of course is my opinion and not fact ;).
    Fair enough....
    If I tried X number of a brand, and didn't like a single one, I'd probably write them off too....
    To each their own.

But just curious, which other 101s have you tried ??
    Despite the different wrappers, etc. they seem to be pretty heavy on the Honduran filler tobacco, (I think?) ... so there's definitely some similarities across the board.
    Doesn't really surprise me that if you didn't like one, you didn't like the others....

Guess that means you gotta go light up something else that you know you like!!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Posts: 278
    Yea I've tried just about all their releases. Haven't cared for a single one. And I've tried some of them twice just to make sure.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    I smoked a original Man O War corona this morning
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Jasonc1982:
    Yea I've tried just about all their releases. Haven't cared for a single one. And I've tried some of them twice just to make sure.
    I feel your pain, but they do not make terrible cigars. For example, I do not like any Litto Gomez LFD, most Fuente, and pretty much anything EPC blends. Now all three of those brands make excellent cigars, but they taste terrible to me, yet tons of people love them adn rightfully so. Everyone is different bro. One thing I've learned, never give up on a company until you have tried everything, because you never know what you might fall in love with. I've prematurely written off plenty of brands I came to find a winner in. Take care bro, and enjoy the journey.
  • Options
    Smoking a La Aurora Puro Vintage 2003 about halfway through and I'm absolutely enjoying this smoke I'm glad I have a few more of these left
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Picked this up from the March Madness deal, wish I'd have grabbed more than one pack! image
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Pepin Garcia 10th Anniversary- DPG Limited Edition. Full review in my cigar journal: photo Gigante13001_zps73065015.jpg
  • Options
    Smoked a MOW Connecticut this morning on my drive to work
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Professor Sila from TJ. Not half bad... Smooth and mild, sweetened tip. I may have to snag a few more to go with my morning energy mud.
    Sorry about the faux pas...
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jasonc1982:
    That sucks, I really enjoyed every single one I've tried!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    This morning i smoked a Cuba Libre One in toro it started off good, ending was ok
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    I went canoeing this morning image image image
  • Options
    I smoked a Man O War Robusto this morning on my drive to work
  • Options
    Armando Ramos Pre embargo blend. Not sure if this is a puro, as it has some kick given the age. Very cool smoke, may have to try and sneak some more. image
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Jasonc1982:
    Well I tried a Room 101 Namakubia Equador this morning. I didn't like the normal Namakubia so I was hoping I'd enjoy this stick. And I don't know WHY I bought a salomon. Either way I couldn't make it half-way through it. I don't want to step on anybody's toes...but Room 101 cigars are just bad cigars. Well made...just taste horrible. This of course is my opinion and not fact ;).
    Fair enough....
    If I tried X number of a brand, and didn't like a single one, I'd probably write them off too....
    To each their own.

But just curious, which other 101s have you tried ??
    Despite the different wrappers, etc. they seem to be pretty heavy on the Honduran filler tobacco, (I think?) ... so there's definitely some similarities across the board.
    Doesn't really surprise me that if you didn't like one, you didn't like the others....

Guess that means you gotta go light up something else that you know you like!!!

And I havent had a bad one. I love the San Andreas and OSOK is great. I have to say that basing an opinion on a billy club of a cigar might be a little out there. Bigger isnt always better.
  • Options
    Smoked a Man O War Connecticut on my drive to work
  • Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    This morning  I am enjoying a Oliva Master Blend III while surfing the site along with a cup of Joe.
  • Options
    Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Thoroughly enjoyed an A Fuentes Gran Reserva courtesy of Bigshizza.
  • Options
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was just ok. Doesn't age well if you ask me.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Techno dance sticks. Ps ps ps do do
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    how was the retrohale?
  • Options
    reggie713:
    danielzreyes:
    how was the retrohale?
    Subtle and sweet like banana with a touch of nuttyness and a doughy finish...... kinda like .............. Banana nut bread (insert rimshot here.)
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    reggie713:
    danielzreyes:
    how was the retrohale?
    Subtle and sweet like banana with a touch of nuttyness and a doughy finish...... kinda like .............. Banana nut bread (insert rimshot here.)
    I bet those really have a chewy mouth-feel...
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    danielzreyes:
    reggie713:
    danielzreyes:
    how was the retrohale?
    I bet those really have a chewy mouth-feel...
    Not with age they don't
  • Options

my first 101 connie! I have heard good things about em.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Had my first AB Black Market this morning and it was awesome..... defiantly going to be adding that to my must haves in my humi.
  • Options
    Smoked a j fuego original this morning with my Sunday coffee
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss Vince and the "Sunday Morning smoke & news from the Kitchen Table.
  • Options
    AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    I have a A F Hemingway Best Seller Maduro planned for tomorrow's ride to work with a large dark roast coffee. Good way to start the work week IMHO.
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"