catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    Damn dude...for breakfast?
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    JHewey:

C'mon, Dustin, you know that's how Justin rolls.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    as long as a hearty breakfast is had, i could do a heavier cigar early.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    JHewey:
    Technically night as i just got off work at 6am.. But yeah it wasnt that strong.. started out like a T52 would but at half way point it turned into a aged No.9 til the end.. I loved it..
  • Options
    Following that up with a T52, Yeah i should probably eat..
  • Options
    Well now...my weak aZz grabbed a Park Ave LOL image
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    Following that up with a T52, Yeah i should probably eat..
    You're crazy, bro.....

No way I could handle those two back-to-back, not even with a substantial meal in between....

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Well now...my weak aZz grabbed a Park Ave LOL image

What's the skinny on these, catfish? I've heard tons of mixed reviews. Would love to here your thoughts on them since we seem to have some of the same tastes.
  • Options
    Well...since it is for review, I won't give it away. Is it wow'in me? No... Is it good with coffee? Yes. For a cheapo, id rather have the domincano, but I see why people like it. It's probably geared toward spicier Nic smokers palette. Worth a try for sure, and is like to try the Maduro after having this. For me, it's a later in the day conny.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Well...since it is for review, I won't give it away. Is it wow'in me? No... Is it good with coffee? Yes. For a cheapo, id rather have the domincano, but I see why people like it. It's probably geared toward spicier Nic smokers palette. Worth a try for sure, and is like to try the Maduro after having this. For me, it's a later in the day conny.

Cool. Thanks for the info, bro. I may have to pick up a few and see if they do it for me.
  • Options
    nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    It is night time here, but for morning back in the states I smoked my last O.S.O.K and a San Lotano Oval
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    catfishbluezz:

Cool. Thanks for the info, bro. I may have to pick up a few and see if they do it for me.
    I know a guy, who knows a guy, who buys boxes of these things. pm me your addy and I bet he'd be happy to send some out for you to try.

No really. I love these things, send me your addy and i'll send out a couple.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    photo 847cd5ef-5f21-4c78-bf1c-4e9c41b6f523_zpsfd26e310.jpg
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Love the book idea. Wish I would've done that. Now it seems too late to go back.....nice job regardless
  • Options
    ddubridge:
    Toombes:
    catfishbluezz:

I know a guy, who knows a guy, who buys boxes of these things. pm me your addy and I bet he'd be happy to send some out for you to try.

No really. I love these things, send me your addy and i'll send out a couple.

Just saw this, I know I'm a slacker...
    PM incoming, bro. Much appreciated!
  • Options
    mmccartneydc:
    Martel:
    Love the book idea. Wish I would've done that. Now it seems too late to go back.....nice job regardless

Thanks, Matt. It's helped me a lot. I'm really figuring out what I like and don't like for the most part. This stick, I'm not liking much, but I don't know why. Some are harder to figure out than others, but the book does help.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Martel:
    mmccartneydc:
    Martel:

Thanks, Matt. It's helped me a lot. I'm really figuring out what I like and don't like for the most part. This stick, I'm not liking much, but I don't know why. Some are harder to figure out than others, but the book does help.
    Only had one, but from what I remember, I liked it ok I think. How old is that one?
  • Options
    About a month is all. It had a lot of strength but not a lot of flavor.

• Options
    Martel:
    Yeah, think mine had a little age to it. Make sure your book has a place for you to revisit sticks that were ROTT at a later (older) date. But awesome job, regardless. As of right now, what is your favorite stick that you have had?
  • Options
    WOW! For conny fans an those that want a light morning smoke, this is awesome.... Working on my coffee and conny reviews, will be buying more... Excellent Dominican conny perfect for a medium breakfast roast. image
  • Options
    mmccartneydc:
    Martel:
    Yeah, think mine had a little age to it. Make sure your book has a place for you to revisit sticks that were ROTT at a later (older) date. But awesome job, regardless. As of right now, what is your favorite stick that you have had?

I ranked these on my review thread not long ago, but I'd add to the list now. I have a tie for first between LFD Double Ligero...I've only had the chiselito, but I reeeaaaalllly liked it...and the LP #9. After I did my ranking, I've also really liked the JdN Celebracion. Close to the top is also MOW Armada.

• Options
    catfishbluezz:
    WOW! For conny fans an those that want a light morning smoke, this is awesome.... Working on my coffee and conny reviews, will be buying more... Excellent Dominican conny perfect for a medium breakfast roast.
    What is a recommended vitola? I will have to add a couple of these to the next order.
  • Options
    ddubridge:
    catfishbluezz:
    WOW! For conny fans an those that want a light morning smoke, this is awesome.... Working on my coffee and conny reviews, will be buying more... Excellent Dominican conny perfect for a medium breakfast roast.
    What is a recommended vitola? I will have to add a couple of these to the next order.
    I had the Hamilton, which is a corona 5.5x42. I really dug it man, just finished it up, and will try a couple different vitolas on my next order as well. It is a morning smoke though, not much body really, so I cannot imagine a need for a much larger cigar.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    ddubridge:
    catfishbluezz:
    I had the Hamilton, which is a corona 5.5x42. I really dug it man, just finished it up, and will try a couple different vitolas on my next order as well. It is a morning smoke though, not much body really, so I cannot imagine a need for a much larger cigar.
    Yeah, I was thinking that, the Hobart or the Hunter.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    What ya think? I liked it..corona size.
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    JHewey:
    What ya think? I liked it..corona size.
    I really liked it.. didnt know if i would or not going in..
  • Options
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Went for an avo I received yesterday, too wet upon pre light draw...like wet grass actually :) So I went with this la aurora equator with 14 months on it. So far I think I like them fresher but this one went out shortly after lighting, maybe high abundance of stems since it turned to hard cinder so that ruined flavor for a bit on this already short/stubby perfecto. image it went from floral in one puff to meaty the next.