Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin this morning?

Comments

• Options
    mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Now i'm @ the bistro drinking Edeweiss (wheat beer) and giving a 5 Vegas one last chance.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    mfotis:
    Now i'm @ the bistro drinking Edeweiss (wheat beer) and giving a 5 Vegas one last chance.

Good luck, I've given up on them.
  • Options
    Yeah, i'm about to, they come highly recommended but they just don't do it for me.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    You guys talking the classic?

• Options
    The Gold
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Smoking my last Tatuaje Boris for review. God I hope the new 7th Capa (which has a Sumatra Ecuador wrapper, like the Boris) tastes something like these, as they are the best cigar Tatuaje has done, IMO.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Just had a Casa Magna Colorado in the robusto vitola (thanks, RCY). I really enjoyed it, lots of pepper and spice with a long, sweet finish. A bit on the strong side for 6 am, maybe next time I'll wait until later in the day.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    JCizzle:
    Just had a Casa Magna Colorado in the robusto vitola (thanks, RCY). I really enjoyed it, lots of pepper and spice with a long, sweet finish. A bit on the strong side for 6 am, maybe next time I'll wait until later in the day.

Nice, bet that woke you up.
  • Options
    It gave me a little kick.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    PuroFreak:
    madurofan:
    THinking about an Alec Bradley Family Blend after lunch, anyone had one of these?
    I've had several of them. Personally I think it's a great cigar!
    Cool Done deal then. It will be my after lunch smoke, thanks Puro.
    I like the Family Blend a lot, along with the Sungrown...both are good sticks to try.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    An RP Connie... I think this cigar has some potential.

• Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having a CAO L’Anniversaire Cameroon Robusto on the porch swing. I've tried and tried to like this stick based on Cigar Aficionado’s Top 50 Cigars designation and a 92 rating...it just ain't happening for me. After 6 months in the humidor and 4 of them burned I'm just not enjoying them like the other CAO's. Guess I'll pass the rest on to someone that enjoys them.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    Perdomo 10th Champagne with coffee. This is a really solid cigar for the price.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Met up with ironmick63 and ironworker63 last night for a smoke. Had a JDN Antano Dark Corojo and a couple Goose Island 312s. Good times.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Gran Habano Conn. #1, classic conny taste of cream and toast. Nice flavors for the morning and these are constructed very well. It was sitting for long periods of time while I was working on my engine and it never faltered. Eventually it transitioned into a oily type of taste for some reason???
  • Options
    bigharpoon:
    Eventually it transitioned into a oily type of taste for some reason???
    I thought I was going crazy, glad I'm not the only one that noticed that...
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    Today's morning smoke: Cain F habano. Good cigar, but had weird construction issues. The wrapper cracked and the binder was splitting. Not sure what happened there, but I smoked it anyway. Cizzle approved.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    Burned a 5 Vegas Gold Maduro on the ride in.
    It had some of the worst combustion ever. Like trying to set leather on fire.

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:

Sorry to hear that my friend. It's like I said before, I've given up on them. I've had several that have had some sort of issue. At first I thought it was me, my humidor or humidification. But none of my other cigars give me issues like them. Oh well, chalk it up and move on to the next...
  • Options
    RCY Cigars:
    stephen_hannibal:

Sorry to hear that my friend. It's like I said before, I've given up on them. I've had several that have had some sort of issue. At first I thought it was me, my humidor or humidification. But none of my other cigars give me issues like them. Oh well, chalk it up and move on to the next...
    Man its rare that I have issue with 5 Vegas.
    Heck the Miami is one of my go-to smokes. And the Classic is one of my first wow cigars.

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    RCY Cigars:
    stephen_hannibal:

Heck the Miami is one of my go-to smokes. And the Classic is one of my first wow cigars.

Well, I can honestly say I haven't had either of the two you mention, lol...
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    stephen_hannibal:
    RCY Cigars:
    stephen_hannibal:

WHAT???? How have you been a member of this forum and not been bombarded with 5 Vegas stuff? I'm with Stephen, I have rarely been let down by 5 Vegas; the Miami and CSII are both go-tos for me, and the A is one of the cigars that really got me interested in maduros to begin with.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Tuesday night I had one of my last if not my last Gurkha Regent. It was not good at all. Burn problems and the flavor was ehh. The last one I had I remember really enjoying. My second smoke was a Monti Platinum from the cotm club. The burn was great but the cigar sucked. I had that cognac smell that I had with the 3 others from the pack that month.

Speaking of Cognac, I smoked the final cigar from that same month which was an Upmann which I really like normally. This one fell flat and again had that same smell. I didn't really taste it but oculd smell it. I smoked it last night. Had some burn issues. Before that I had a 5V Limitada 2011. It had some good parts and some ehh parts. Burn was horrible but the draw wasn't horrible. Not great but not horrible. It was sitting at my front door in the sun for hours so I'm sure that had something to do with it.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    RCY Cigars:
    stephen_hannibal:
    RCY Cigars:
    stephen_hannibal:

WHAT???? How have you been a member of this forum and not been bombarded with 5 Vegas stuff? I'm with Stephen, I have rarely been let down by 5 Vegas; the Miami and CSII are both go-tos for me, and the A is one of the cigars that really got me interested in maduros to begin with.

I have, just haven't gotten my hands on any Miami's or CSII.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    this morning i am smoking a Gran habano 3 SLS imperio thanks to RCY. this is one huge cigar.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    This morning I'm attempting to smoke The Face by Tatuaje..... It's rough going cuz there was a big crack in the wrapper and the draw is really weak. Oh well, I'm still getting really good flavors out of it. Luckily, I still have one left that is in tact.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    alienmisprint:
    RCY Cigars:
    stephen_hannibal:
    RCY Cigars:
    stephen_hannibal:

I have, just haven't gotten my hands on any Miami's or CSII.
    You got a stateside address yet?
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    this morning i am smoking a Gran habano 3 SLS imperio thanks to RCY. this is one huge cigar.
    I smoked a Gran Habano 3 SLS Robusto this morning...what did you think of it Kuzi?
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    kuzi16:
    I smoked a Gran Habano 3 SLS Robusto this morning...what did you think of it Kuzi?

Ahhhh man, I want to know too. Is it something you may revisit or something that was a nice try or maybe try in a different size?

@Alienmisprint, won't have it until I get there. In the process of buying a new home.

• Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    5 Vegas Gold Maduro with my morning coffee